Career Questions tagged Advertising

Mandy Y.’s Avatar
Mandy Y. Jul 07 104 views

What are the requirements in a marketing job/career?

I am interested in marketing and have some experience in video editing and graphic design. #marketing #advertising...

#graphic-design

Elizabeth C.’s Avatar
Elizabeth C. Jun 27 101 views

What steps do I need to take in order to work in marketing and advertising?

I am really creative and like to think outside of the box. I want to study in an area surrounding business, I am interested in the field of marketing and advertising and think is the career that I would like to stick with. #marketing #business #advertising #entrepreneur...

#college-major

Rebecca G.’s Avatar
Rebecca G. Apr 09 171 views

If I work at an ad agency, is there opportunity to create content or is it more about pushing out ads to various channels?

Just trying to get a sense for all the services being done within an ad agency. It seems like content creation would fall more into marketing, but I also get the sense that this is a quality of both careers. Thanks in advance for the help! #marketing #advertising #ad-agency...

#content-creation

Rebecca G.’s Avatar
Rebecca G. Apr 07 168 views

What is the difference between a marketing and ad agency?

I'm wondering how they are differentiated. Also, are there some that perform both marketing and ad wrap-around? What is most common? Thank you! #marketing #advertising #ad-agency #marketing-agency #media #media-production...

#social-media

g L.’s Avatar
g L. Oct 21, 2020 249 views

Is a business management class worth it?

Im in eighth grade and I want to be a copywriter (in advertising). Right now applications for high school are open. My local high school offers some good programs and has a lot of departments for kids wanting to pursue a career in business, technology and media arts. I wanted to know if a...

#career #advertising #business #high-school-students #communications

Meredith M.’s Avatar
Meredith M. May 16, 2018 789 views

Is advertising a hard job area to get into?

I am planning to major in a study that will help me land in an advertising career. #job #advertising...

#first-job

Paajcha Julie X.’s Avatar
Paajcha Julie X. Apr 14, 2020 387 views

What is being a copywriter like?

What are the work hours for you? Are you self employed or work for a company? How do you come up with convincing scripts? Do you work in teams or on your own? Do you work remotely or on site? #work #career #marketing #business #advertising #advertisement #copywriting #copywriter #sales #job...

#writing #networking #online

Rinosh S.’s Avatar
Rinosh S. Jan 25, 2020 270 views

where can I meet advertising professionals to network? I looking an internship opportunity in advertising industry.

I'm a self-taught Web Designer, SEO and Search Engine Marketer out of Toronto. I'm also the founder of Ads of Toronto, a curated website library dedicated to advertisements published in Toronto and afreewebite.org, a free website building platform. I'm passionate about media Planning, buying...

#advertising #seo #business #sem #digitalmarkering #internship #marketing

Sara A.’s Avatar
Sara A. Jul 09, 2019 568 views
Naysa B.’s Avatar
Naysa B. Nov 28, 2018 522 views

If I want to pursue social media management as a career how can I achieve this?

So I received my General Studies Associates in May and I am looking to go attain my Bachelors degree but I need more clarity on what to do. I definitely want to study cinematography, photography and digital media marketing. I need some clarification concerning Digital media marketing. Since...

#college #advertising #business #entrepreneur #marketing

Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Jul 23, 2018 559 views

Is advertising a good major?

Things you can consider for this specific question... Are there many job opportunities in advertising? Is there a lot of room for growth in the field of advertising? If you majored in advertising, are you happy with your choice of major? I'm a CareerVillage staff member and I'm posting this...

#advertising #business #design #marketing #communications

Beverley S.’s Avatar
Beverley S. May 31, 2018 401 views

I self published a book. What's next?

I've sold a decent number of copies of my novel, When the Clouds Break, but I don't know how to expand my audience without spending tons of money. Any advice would be appreciated. #books #writing #advertising...

#publication

Raney W.’s Avatar
Raney W. May 29, 2018 532 views

What do companies look for in a portfolio when hiring a designer, artist, or photographer?

I want to design logos, album covers, and advertisements for record labels, musicians, or lifestyle companies. When creative professionals hire freelance artists or people to work for their company, what kind of things do they look for in their portfolio before hiring them? #graphic-design...

#designers #artist #design #career #advertising #hire #photography #lifestyle

Ben  L.’s Avatar
Ben L. May 10, 2018 746 views

How do I get a job out of college as an account manager? What makes a successful advertising account manager?

I am graduating in December 2018 with a degree in Advertising from San Jose State University. I want to work in account management/client services in an advertising agency after graduation. I have a bit of familiarity with what this role entails and what the advertising industry is like....

#advertising #business #business-development #marketing-and-advertising #sales

Ben  L.’s Avatar
Ben L. May 02, 2018 830 views

How do I move to a different job market?

I am based in the SF Bay Area. I am considering to move out of it after I graduate college with a degree in advertising. Some places I am considering are Seattle, Austin, Portland, or Los Angeles. I love the Bay Area but its really expensive to live here. I eventually want to get my own place...

#travel #business #business-development #marketing-and-advertising #sales #advertising #job-search #relocation #job-search-strategies

Amber C.’s Avatar
Amber C. Apr 06, 2018 417 views

What are the main points to remember when designing an advertisement?

If animation doesn’t work out I would like to work with advertising. Designing logos for companies, working with banners, just so I can still have to access in my work to create. In all honesty though I don’t know a lot about advertising. I’m just wanting advice on stuff to remember if I do go...

#art #advertising

Jonathan M.’s Avatar
Jonathan M. Mar 27, 2018 465 views

What is the best Communications major to get involved in the making of commercials?

I have been accepted to college for the fall and I am now deciding on my major. I thought it would be Video Production but I don't always want to be behind the camera. What types of communication majors would help me be both a production expert but also a business position -- working on...

#college #video-production #advertising #strategic-communications #communications

Devon P.’s Avatar
Devon P. Jan 16, 2018 440 views

When should I start getting involved with internships?

I am a sophomore college student in community college. I am eager and I feel like I should start getting involved with internships that pertain to my career interests in public relations. I am transfering in Fall 2018 to a university. Should I take my time? Or get involved as soon as possible?...

#public-relations #advertising #marketing