Career Questions tagged Advertising

Rinosh S.’s Avatar
Rinosh S. Jan 25 75 views

where can I meet advertising professionals to network? I looking an internship opportunity in advertising industry.

I'm a self-taught Web Designer, SEO and Search Engine Marketer out of Toronto. I'm also the founder of Ads of Toronto, a curated website library dedicated to advertisements published in Toronto and afreewebite.org, a free website building platform. I'm passionate about media Planning, buying...

#sem #business #marketing #advertising #seo #digitalmarkering #internship

Sara A.’s Avatar
Sara A. Jul 09, 2019 320 views

Haw can I practice marketing online till I find an internship but not only digital marketing

Haw can I practice marketing online till I find an internship but not only digital marketing #marketing #internship #advertising #social-media #business...

#online-business

Naysa B.’s Avatar
Naysa B. Nov 28, 2018 336 views

If I want to pursue social media management as a career how can I achieve this?

So I received my General Studies Associates in May and I am looking to go attain my Bachelors degree but I need more clarity on what to do. I definitely want to study cinematography, photography and digital media marketing. I need some clarification concerning Digital media marketing. Since...

#entrepreneur #advertising #business #marketing #college

Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Jul 23, 2018 353 views

Is advertising a good major?

Things you can consider for this specific question... Are there many job opportunities in advertising? Is there a lot of room for growth in the field of advertising? If you majored in advertising, are you happy with your choice of major? I'm a CareerVillage staff member and I'm posting this...

#communications #design #business #marketing #advertising

Beverley S.’s Avatar
Beverley S. May 31, 2018 237 views

I self published a book. What's next?

I've sold a decent number of copies of my novel, When the Clouds Break, but I don't know how to expand my audience without spending tons of money. Any advice would be appreciated. #books #writing #advertising...

#publication

Raney W.’s Avatar
Raney W. May 29, 2018 335 views

What do companies look for in a portfolio when hiring a designer, artist, or photographer?

I want to design logos, album covers, and advertisements for record labels, musicians, or lifestyle companies. When creative professionals hire freelance artists or people to work for their company, what kind of things do they look for in their portfolio before hiring them? #graphic-design...

#artist #hire #designers #lifestyle #design #photography #career #advertising

Meredith M.’s Avatar
Meredith M. May 16, 2018 268 views

Is advertising a hard job area to get into?

I am planning to major in a study that will help me land in a advertising career. #job...

#advertising

Ben  L.’s Avatar
Ben L. May 10, 2018 427 views

How do I get a job out of college as an account manager? What makes a successful advertising account manager?

I am graduating in December 2018 with a degree in Advertising from San Jose State University. I want to work in account management/client services in an advertising agency after graduation. I have a bit of familiarity with what this role entails and what the advertising industry is like....

#sales #marketing-and-advertising #advertising #business #business-development

Ben  L.’s Avatar
Ben L. May 02, 2018 487 views

How do I move to a different job market?

I am based in the SF Bay Area. I am considering to move out of it after I graduate college with a degree in advertising. Some places I am considering are Seattle, Austin, Portland, or Los Angeles. I love the Bay Area but its really expensive to live here. I eventually want to get my own place...

#sales #job-search #marketing-and-advertising #travel #advertising #business #job-search-strategies #relocation #business-development

Amber C.’s Avatar
Amber C. Apr 06, 2018 246 views

What are the main points to remember when designing an advertisement?

If animation doesn’t work out I would like to work with advertising. Designing logos for companies, working with banners, just so I can still have to access in my work to create. In all honesty though I don’t know a lot about advertising. I’m just wanting advice on stuff to remember if I do go...

#advertising #art

Jonathan M.’s Avatar
Jonathan M. Mar 27, 2018 328 views

What is the best Communications major to get involved in the making of commercials?

I have been accepted to college for the fall and I am now deciding on my major. I thought it would be Video Production but I don't always want to be behind the camera. What types of communication majors would help me be both a production expert but also a business position -- working on...

#communications #strategic-communications #advertising #college #video-production

Devon P.’s Avatar
Devon P. Jan 16, 2018 283 views

When should I start getting involved with internships?

I am a sophomore college student in community college. I am eager and I feel like I should start getting involved with internships that pertain to my career interests in public relations. I am transfering in Fall 2018 to a university. Should I take my time? Or get involved as soon as possible?...

#marketing #advertising #public-relations

Devon P.’s Avatar
Devon P. Jan 16, 2018 321 views

What should I expect from a good quality internship?

I have heard from many colleagues pursuing internships that there are good and bad ones. I want to be able to determine what type of internship I should get involved in. I want to get everything that is necessary out of a internship so I can be fully prepared for my desired career path. What...

Cosette V.’s Avatar
Cosette V. Oct 25, 2017 992 views

How many internships is too many?

I am currently a sophomore in college; advertising major and event management minor. I had my first internship at a small marketing/ad agency last summer and have been working there part time ever since. I'm happy to be working in my industry already and would love to stay with this company...

#event-management #undergrad #marketing #advertising #internships

Stacia S.’s Avatar
Stacia S. Aug 31, 2017 1116 views

How important is grad school for a advertising degree?

Am currently in college as an advertising major and considering the option of grad school. Is it important or worth it to go and do it or just go out in the world and begin a job? #gradschool #advertising #marketing-and-advertising...

#graduate-programs

Chandni  M.’s Avatar
Chandni M. May 24, 2016 2147 views

How do you know what career you want?

I'm a bit unsure what to do after college. How do you decide what your path should be? #business #marketing #fashion #design #photography #advertising #drawing...

#undecided

Paula R.’s Avatar
Paula R. Feb 10, 2016 2247 views

Should i try different jobs that are completely unrelated to my degree or go and find one that i really wanted?

So, i just recently moved here in states and i'm a fresh graduate with a degree in Bachelor in Advertising and Public Relations. I was blessed to moved here right after grad but unfortunately, i haven't been into the real world of advertising. I'm finding it hard to find a job that is an entry...

#depression #help #personal-development #seattle #career-details #advice #giving-advice #marketing-and-advertising #advertising

Ben  L.’s Avatar
Ben L. Aug 10, 2017 2500 views

Are Udacity Nanodegrees in Digital Marketing worth it? Does it increase my employment chances?

I see some billboards around the Bay Area and Facebook/Instagram ads about this program. I am currently a senior at SJSU studying advertising. I am starting to plan for my life post college. I am willing to do anything to be more competitive in my career field. I either want to work in the...

#advertising #marketing-and-advertising

Laxmi P.’s Avatar
Laxmi P. Mar 26, 2017 6272 views

Is double majoring in marketing and finance a good idea?

I want to kind of work on both sides of marketing. Such as the creative side and the number side. I originally had a minor in art studio to be able to take some graphic design classes but that doesn't fit with my schedule. Do you think a double major in those two areas will help along with...

#graphic-design #marketing-and-advertising #finance #marketing #advertising