Career Questions tagged Digital Media

Qianlin’s Avatar
Qianlin Oct 07, 2021 213 views

What can I do if I major in digital media in college?

Digital media is one of my thoughts for college major. If I major in it, what can I do after I graduate? Can I have job relating to film? How about the salary of those jobs?

#college-major #digital-media

Shawn’s Avatar
Shawn Apr 18, 2018 580 views

What is better, joining a small game development company or a large one?

I aspire to become a video game developer, with one of my plans being to join a game development company. After I graduate college, should I start out by applying to work at small ones or large ones?

#digital-media
#video-games
#video-game-design
#video-game-production

Shawn’s Avatar
Shawn Apr 18, 2018 763 views

Are game design companies constantly looking for interns?

I plan to go into Digital Media and Design in college so I can learn how to become a Video Game Developer. I was thinking that if I wanted to get a chance at joining a game company, an internship at one might be good for my resume. Are U.S. Game Design companies always open to hiring interns?...

Sidney’s Avatar
Sidney Apr 04, 2018 573 views

Editing things together?

When editing footage together what is the best method to use? i.e. is ok to use a lot of small clips or reshoot and use bigger ones?
#digital-media #motion-pictures-and-film

Tamiya’s Avatar
Tamiya Nov 16, 2017 708 views

What resources can Communications majors use to improve their writing skills?

As a public relations major, I did not have many journalism classes. I wish I had a online editing software for my media post and other digital relationed things. #Technology #digital-media #digital-journalism #new-media

Sydney’s Avatar
Sydney Aug 30, 2017 735 views

How do you transition from being a college student to working in your field in the real world?

By the time I graduate college, I will have been studying digital media for four years. I want to know how you transition from the classroom to your career and work place.
#career #digital-media #digital-marketing #college

Mara’s Avatar
Mara Mar 22, 2017 1793 views

If I choose to be a photographer and later on decide I don't want to do that anymore, what other careers can I pursue that relate to being a photographer?

I don't know exactly what career I want, so I want to know all the careers that relate to photographing. #photography #digital-media

Mara’s Avatar
Mara Mar 08, 2017 852 views

What classes do I need to take in college to be a Digital Media Specialist?

I am taking digital media this year (my sophomore year) and I really like it. I don't know what classes to take in college though. #broadcast-journalism #magazine #digital-media #tv-production

Cam’s Avatar
Cam Jun 10, 2016 863 views

Can a graphic designer honestly make a good living with a single job?

I am interested in pursuing graphic design as my career. #graphic-design #web-design #graphic-designer #digital-media

Jeremy’s Avatar
Jeremy May 16, 2016 1009 views

Which is better, large market studios or small market freelance work?

As a soon to be graduate is it better to jump straight into large market areas or begin smaller as a freelance designer. I am curious as to whether it would be more beneficial to start out small, in a local area close to home right out of college, to grow as a designer or if it is reasonable to...

Jenay’s Avatar
Jenay May 08, 2016 667 views

What majors should I take that will give me the skills to become a TV broadcaster, if my college doesn't offer courses for that exact career?

I am going to be an incoming freshman this fall at the University of Northern Iowa. I would like to become a TV broadcaster, but my college doesn't have a set course for that exact major. I would like to get a professional opinion on what communication courses should I take that will help me...

Clareta’s Avatar
Clareta Aug 12, 2014 3102 views

What do social media marketers do on a day to day basis?

I'm a rising senior and this year I'm going to be working on my college applications. I want to be a marketing major. For anyone who works in social media as a marketer can you please help me understand what social media marketers do on a day to day basis? Im on social media all the time and I...