Career Questions tagged Film Editing

Damonte B.’s Avatar
Damonte B. Dec 02, 2018 175 views

what type of responsibilities does someone in film editing hold?

How hard are these responsiblities? Do any of these responsibilities hold more importance then another? #film #movies #editing #film-editing #performing-arts # #television...

#production

Genevieve B.’s Avatar
Genevieve B. Aug 30, 2018 816 views

How hard is it to get a job in the film industry?

I want to work in the film industry as a screenwriter and on the set of movies and in the future after I've gained more experience I would eventually like to become a director. How hard is it getting jobs in this field? #film #film-acting #film-acting #film-editing #television #movies...

#cinematography #production

Desiree C.’s Avatar
Desiree C. Aug 27, 2018 205 views
Mark K.’s Avatar
Mark K. Mar 14, 2018 256 views

Do most people working in the film industry study at a University or apprentice?

I am looking to go into film editing...

#film-editing

Shamir L.’s Avatar
Shamir L. Jan 22, 2018 226 views

Where is the best place to start if you want to start learning video editing??

Lately, I've seen content creators play video games, vlog and their editing is so crisp in the video. The question being where do i start learning my craft and get from where I am now to being a professional video editor and use to think #video-editing #film-editing...

#adobe

Joni Z.’s Avatar
Joni Z. Jan 16, 2018 217 views

What is the most commonly used video editing software used in the film making industry?

I am planning on getting a degree in editing and post-production for film/video. I am very familiar with Final Cut, but am wondering if Adobe Premiere is used more by professionals. Should I stop using Final Cut and focus on learning Premiere?...

#film-editing

Myran H.’s Avatar
Myran H. Sep 01, 2017 315 views

What type of equipment do film and audio editors use?

I am high school senior and need to know how to pursue a career in film and audio editing. #film-editing...

#audio-editing

Myran H.’s Avatar
Myran H. Sep 01, 2017 297 views

Regular or irregular work schedule

I am a high school senior and need to know how to pursue a career in film and video editing. #film-editing...

#audio-editing

Myran H.’s Avatar
Myran H. Aug 31, 2017 285 views

what major do you need for flim and audio editing?

I'm a high school senior and I need to know how to pursue a career in film and audio editing. #film-editing...

#audio-editing

Ursula G.’s Avatar
Ursula G. Apr 03, 2017 631 views

How to get work expirience in my area of study while I'm still studying?

Hi, I'm a Motion Picture Arts student, I want to pursue a career in editing, I have no experience in this area beside from university and my own projects. My plan is to try to have a membership at IATSE 891, to do that I have to first become a Permittee. Last week I went to a career fair at my...

#film-editing #post-production #iatse-891 #film-production #video-editing #motion-pictures #editing

Blake S.’s Avatar
Blake S. Nov 22, 2016 679 views

Communication vs. Film and Television Major

What is the differences between the two majors? What can I do with a communication major vs a film major and vise versa. Thanks! #journalism #communications #film #film-production #sports-journalism #broadcast-journalism #film-making...

#film-editing

Jeffery P.’s Avatar
Jeffery P. Oct 22, 2016 719 views

Graduate School: Is it worthwhile when going into the Film making Industry?

For some industries, graduate school is more important that others. I may consider taking a graduate program over the years once I finish undergraduate school. However, after undergraduate school what's the best route? #film #entertainment #film-production #movies #cinematography...

#film-editing

Jocelyn C.’s Avatar
Jocelyn C. May 19, 2016 877 views

How many career paths are there within film or television production major?

I have a passion for television and film and am planning to focus mostly on cinematography but realistically speaking, which branch within this major is more likely so ensure a job? Writing, producing, editing, networking? #film #television #cinematography #film-editing #tv-production...

#film-producer

Maria B.’s Avatar
Maria B. May 08, 2016 768 views

Can i go to a fine arts college after getting my bachelors in finance?

I'm going to the University of Pittsburgh in the fall for a finance degree because I had it implanted in my brain that i would go and get a bachelors in finance, go to medical school, and be some sort of physicians assistant. Now that i'm getting older and starting to have some self...

#film-editing #video #production #online-gaming #fine-art

Gavin L.’s Avatar
Gavin L. Mar 24, 2015 600 views

Career Project

In LEAP, my school's advanced program, we're having a career project, and researching on our career we've chosen. Mine is Film and Video Editors and Camera Operators, I'd just like an answer on these, at least one for each: "What does this job do day to day (Tasks/Responsibilities)?", "What is...

#film-editing

Jesus  L.’s Avatar
Jesus L. Feb 25, 2015 3033 views

What is it like being a video editor?

I am a sophomore in high school, and I really enjoy making videos for projects. I always enjoy making bloopers, and using the effects on the program iMovie to make them. I want to try bigger and better programs like Adobe Premiere, where you have a lot of things you could do. I want to know is...

#film-editing #film #video #editor