Career Questions tagged Motion Pictures

Alexis G.’s Avatar
Alexis G. Jan 24, 2018 562 views
Ursula G.’s Avatar
Ursula G. Apr 10, 2017 587 views

How to manage money while in college?

I'm a college student and I find myself running out of money frequently. I try to stay on a budget, but sometimes I need to go over it. Do you have any tips in how to manage money in a small budget? #student-loans #editing #video-editing #post-production #motion-pictures...

#budgets

Ursula G.’s Avatar
Ursula G. Apr 07, 2017 528 views

How to find summer jobs?

I want to be an Editor and I wanted to get a job as a trainee or second assistant during the summer so I could gain more experience and get to know more people in the industry. But I can't seem to find any job ads in this area. Would it be appropriate to call/e-mail some Post-production houses...

#summer-jobs #post-production #video-editing #editor #motion-pictures

Ursula G.’s Avatar
Ursula G. Apr 03, 2017 661 views

How to get work expirience in my area of study while I'm still studying?

Hi, I'm a Motion Picture Arts student, I want to pursue a career in editing, I have no experience in this area beside from university and my own projects. My plan is to try to have a membership at IATSE 891, to do that I have to first become a Permittee. Last week I went to a career fair at my...

#film-production #post-production #video-editing #editing #film-editing #iatse-891 #motion-pictures