Career Questions tagged Nasa

Vish S.’s Avatar
Vish S. Aug 19 109 views

What does it take to become a NASA research scientist?

research science nasa I like to learn new things every day to keep me engaged and save me from boredom. I love the type of work NASA is doing and am interested in researching because I have a perception of getting the opportunity to learn something new often. I also enjoy presenting/writing...

Abby L.’s Avatar
Abby L. Feb 23 167 views

I have an offer that expires before I get a final decision from other summer programs. What are my options and what should I do?

Good news: I've received an offer for a physics REU at the University of Arkansas! Bad news: I need to respond by Feb 26th, even though final decisions from other REUs, national labs, and NASA come in early March. What are my options? I've already asked if my application review could be...

reu optics internships physics laser-physics decisions research national-labs applications engineering nasa

Shandiin B.’s Avatar
Shandiin B. Nov 05, 2020 165 views

What is an average work day look like to aerospace engineer?

What do you do on a day to day basis. Take me step by step, what you would do on an average work day. Do you make plans, create new things, come up with ideas? aerospace nasa...

engineer

Emily S.’s Avatar
Emily S. Jul 26, 2020 240 views

What is it like being a scientist working for a space agency?

Currently, I am looking into possibly pursuing a science degree and work at a space agency. What kind of work do you do at a space agency like NASA? astronomy space science july20 career astronomer scientist nasa...

csa

Marina G.’s Avatar
Marina G. Jan 20, 2018 366 views

Will I make a difference by working as a scientist in NASA?

In a male dominated fields such as NASA, I want to be a leader in this area. I feel working in space exploration will help solve many of the problems on earth by discovery of new resources and providing greater world security. I want to be part of the future in exploring new world...

engineering space scientist technology science astronomy nasa

Ahlyia L.’s Avatar
Ahlyia L. Aug 27, 2018 485 views

What are the challenges I may face pursuing a career in science, and how can I stand out among the rest?

For my first two years in high school I have been studying biotechnology and I have been working diligently in preparing myself for college and the workforce. Though I have not decided on an exact career, I am deeply considering one within forensics, pharmaceuticals, or in the space exploration...

stem technology medicine pharmaceuticals planetary-science steam space-exploration high-school nasa astrophysics workforce forensics career biotechnology student future women-in-stem science

Amberly S.’s Avatar
Amberly S. Aug 27, 2018 415 views

Is space exploration a foreseeable sight within the near future?

Space exploration has always fascinated me, but space exploration, or at least chatter pertaining to space exploration, has dulled immeasurably in the past few years. Have we given up on manned space expeditions? astronomy space nasa physics...

astrophysics

Isha T.’s Avatar
Isha T. May 20, 2018 431 views

How do I get an internship at NASA?

I'll start with: I'm an international student. I'm currently in First Year Engineering and I'm planning to do Aero and Astro. My gpa is kind of bad at the moment but I'm working on it. Is there anything I can do apart from increasing my GPA to get an internship at NASA? internship nasa...

technology aerospace astronomy

Gabriel P.’s Avatar
Gabriel P. Sep 01, 2017 485 views

What is the best way to get a job at NASA?

I am planning on majoring in Astronomy and Astrophysics in college and I would like to know the best way to get a job at NASA. astronomy astrophysics...

nasa

Iyinoluwa F.’s Avatar
Iyinoluwa F. May 08, 2018 378 views

What is the best major to choose if you want to be an engineer, specializing in robotic programming?

I have an idea, but a little expertise never hurts. #I have an idea, but... themorethemerrier nasa...

2headsaresmarterthan1

Anneke A.’s Avatar
Anneke A. Jan 10, 2018 353 views
Deonte G.’s Avatar
Deonte G. Jan 16, 2018 401 views

Is it better to apply to the Air Force Academy or regular college for an Engineering degree and then join the Air Force after college versus being committed to 3-4 years of military service by attending the Air Force Academy?

I am interested in joining the Air Force as a Pilot/Officer. Is it better to apply to the Air Force Academy or regular college for an Engineering degree and then join the Air Force after college versus being committed to 3-4 years of military service by attending the Air Force Academy?...

nasa engineering airforceacademy

Deonte G.’s Avatar
Deonte G. Jan 16, 2018 428 views

Which Engineering degree field should I be applying for to help my chances of fulfilling my military desire and also help me with employment with NASA after my military career?

I am interested in joining the Air Force as a Pilot/Officer. Which Engineering degree field should I be applying for to help my chances of fulfilling my military desire and also help me with employment with NASA after my military career? engineering airforce...

nasa

Xitlalic C.’s Avatar
Xitlalic C. Oct 30, 2017 530 views

What is it like to be working in Nasa?

I am asking this because i think that's really cool. Do you guys go out like the astronauts? science nasa...

space

Sammy G.’s Avatar
Sammy G. Sep 27, 2017 605 views

What should I major in if I am interested in space, and working at NASA, and also discovering other galaxies, life outside of earth, and planets?

I've always been extremely interested in outer space, and life outside of earth. I don't want to be an astronaut, but rather be a worker at NASA helping discover/research other planets. outerspace nasa aerospace...

astronomy

Jacob T.’s Avatar
Jacob T. Oct 27, 2016 666 views

What is it like working for a high level institution such as NASA?

It's my ultimate goal to find myself there or at SpaceX. What's it like? aerospace astronomy nasa...

spacex

Jacob T.’s Avatar
Jacob T. Oct 27, 2016 630 views

How could I find myself working at a place like the Department of Defense or NASA?

Working for either of those two institutions would be a dream come true, especially if I could make it to NASA. I want to contribute to humanity's quest for space travel. engineering aerospace nasa...

dod

Georgia M.’s Avatar
Georgia M. Oct 24, 2016 811 views

Will I be able to work at NASA with a degree in physics?

My dream is to do research at NASA and I was wondering if majoring in Physics and getting a minor in astronomy would be a good idea. physics astronomy space...

nasa

Lucy S.’s Avatar
Lucy S. Oct 24, 2016 1054 views

Will aerospace engineers go to Mars?

It's one of my biggest dreams to have our species one day make it to the red planet, and I'm hoping as an aerospace engineering, I will get to take part in the mission. engineering experience aerospace nasa...

specifically

shanti K.’s Avatar
shanti K. Jun 23, 2016 419 views
Ghaffarali  R.’s Avatar
Ghaffarali R. May 19, 2016 716 views

Aerospace dynamics

What classes is a future aeronautical engineer required to take at a University of California? aerospace mechanical aeronautics premed nasa bio-chem electrical-engineer...

electro-mechanical

Mohammed T.’s Avatar
Mohammed T. Apr 27, 2016 738 views
Caitlin V.’s Avatar
Caitlin V. Apr 13, 2016 2093 views

What is it like working for NASA on a day to day basis?

I am a fifteen year old sophomore in high school and I have always been fascinated in space technology and NASA, in general. My parents and I traveled to Washington D.C. about two years ago, and one of my favorite places was Smithsonian's National Air and Space Museum. I was completely blown...

astrophysics technology aerospace astronomy space robotics science nasa

Wilmer P.’s Avatar
Wilmer P. Dec 03, 2014 3514 views

Why do you love Mechanical Engineering or Aerospace Engineering?

Im a senior in high school wanting to study Mechanical Engineering and later work in aerospace (the university I'm applying to allows for some deep specialization in aerospace). I'm pretty sure this is really what I want to do so, if you work in either of these fields please tell me why you...

career mechanical-engineer aerospace-engineering nasa