Will I make a difference by working as a scientist in NASA?

In a male dominated fields such as NASA, I want to be a leader in this area. I feel working in space exploration will help solve many of the problems on earth by discovery of new resources and providing greater world security. I want to be part of the future in exploring new world possibilities. space NASA engineering technology astronomy science scientist

Honestly, you will make a difference simply by working as a scientist. For example, engaging in your community and promoting women in STEM can be really empowering for kids and other women, too. In short, becoming a strong leader and adding to the diversity of NASA's workforce in the process is a hugely admirable and worthwhile goal. Reach for the stars! Abby Lupi, CareerVillage.org Team

Thanks for believing in my goals. Working at NASA has always been a dream of mine. Marina G.

Of course! Best of luck to you Abby Lupi, CareerVillage.org Team

4

G. Mark’s Answer

You should be aware that NASA is not simply the people who shoot rockets into space or build really fast aeronautical vehicles. NASA is involved in studies in a wide variety of sciences from chemistry to geophysics to advanced engineering methods and climate analysis. NASA represents scientists and other professionals in a similarly diverse set of disciplines. As the premiere space agency -- and a host of other areas of authority -- in the world, they not only work to help the US with related concerns and exploration, but also collaborate with other nations in their own efforts.

It's safe to say that if you decide to work as a scientist in NASA, you will make a difference. Be aware that whenever someone is dismissive of the value of "shooting rockets into space" that NASA not only has a major impact on many areas, not to mention our knowledge of "what's out there", but also has been responsible for the development and advancement of many of the technologies we take for granted that fuel the phenomenal scientific and commercial advancements we enjoy today. In fact, were it not for NASA, you wouldn't be reading this right now. And I wouldn't be able make it available to you at this moment.

1

Kimberly’s Answer

Hey,

Believe me, I know how you feel. One of the famous people that inspired me to continue to work hard was is Katherine Johnson. She was an American mathematician whose calculations of orbital mechanics as a NASA employee. she was a colored woman which was even harder for her to work in a male-dominated career. I suggest watching the movie "Hidden Figures" that features her. Due to her hard work, of calculating the precise trajectories that would let Apollo 11 land on the moon in 1969 and, after Neil Armstrong’s history-making moonwalk, let it return to Earth. She was able to make history in her time and I know you will too. Never give up because things look scary or look impossible . You can change the world. GO out there and make me proud and others around you.
0

Celine’s Answer

Any individual who wants to make a difference in the world will by simply being - the fact that thats a priority for you will mean you will do that everyday in everything you do - what a great mental attitude to kick off your entry in to the professional world - if you manage to do that and a career in NASA - now thats something special to be proud of.
0

Raj’s Answer

Yes you will - our next home planet is Mars ! Thanks for what you do !

NerdsForSpace

0