102

What will make you stand out at a job interview?

Hey! I was just wondering what could make me stand out a little when I go to a job interview. Would it be something that I would say, something that I would do, or something else? Thank you! #business #medicine #teaching #law #technology #interviews #information-technology #customer-service

102

11

Dave’s Answer

I've interviewed a lot of candidates in my career and the ones who stood for me were the candidates who did their research on the company, did their research on me by checking out my LinkedIn profile, and did their research on the job they were pursuing.
A good recruiter will provide a candidate a written description of the role they're interviewing for, and a standout candidate is one who shows up for the interview with a thorough understanding of what the job entails. A standout candidate will go that extra mile by taking the time to ask me what the most pressing problems or opportunities are that exist in the organization, and describe what they will do to help solve the problems or capitalize on the opportunities. A standout candidate will have a 30, 60 , 90 day plan in mind for getting up to speed on the job once they are hired.
There are a few ideas for you. Best of luck in your career- go get 'em !

Thank you comment icon Thank you so much for your help, Mr. Ramanauskas! I appreciate all of the tips that you gave me, I will definitely keep them in mind at any job interviews that I go to! Angelina
11
7

Steven’s Answer

Great question here are my suggestions, remember this is how you sell yourself to the interviewer as a person.

1) Learn about the company you are interviewing for, easy to research on the internet. If you know someone there, get some info that you can share with the interviewer
2) Work on your speaking and communication style, you have to adapt to the interviewer to build trust and confidence. It's not about you it's about them.
3) Come to the interview with questions for the interviewer (what are the expectations of the me in the role, how do you see the person you hire for this role being successful, if this is the supervisor doing the hiring then ask them how they would like to be communicated with, what's good what's not so good,
4) Pay attention to the interviewers decorations, ask some questions at the right time or use it for initial conversation points until the interview starts
5) Sit forward on the edge of your chair
6) Maintain a comfortable eye contact
7) Dress better than they expect. Always go above and beyond expectations.
7
4

Cheryl’s Answer

Be excited & positive!
Do your research about the company you are interviewing with. You will be able to be more confident in answering their questions and can gear your answers to relate to their work environment and lingo.
Be authentic! .... having a smile on your face and a contradicting tone will not leave the impression you are hoping to leave with your interviewer.
Establish a connection with the interviewer.
Establishing a connection, whether it be you attended the same college or liking the same professional sports teams, anything that will allow you to have a genuine conversation to show the interviewer your personality and positivity.
Dress for the job and company. It is important to look the part you want the interviewer to hire you for.
Show up at least 10 minutes before your interview. You are interviewing for a job that needs you to be timely and prepared, show up to the interview that way .
Non verbal queues speak louder than verbal queues, practice good non verbal communication while practicing answering the common interview questions. ( I highly recommend looking over a book like 101 great answers to the toughest interview questions to help you prepare)

This article lays out some pretty basic points to help you get hired.
https://www.livecareer.com/resources/interviews/prep/job-interview-tips

Best Wishes to all!

4
2

Govardhan (Geo)’s Answer

There are few important things to remember always when you are going for a interview. Attire, Smile and confidence on your face and finally you should be good at your subject.
When you first step inside the interview room the interviewer looks at you before even interview starts. So your attire is important. You should look confident and greet interviewer with a smile to make yourself comfortable and the interviewer.
The most important part of your interview is when actually it starts. You should know very clearly about your strengths and how your strengths are going to help you in the job role and the company. Highlight your strengths briefly when you are describing about yourself how its going to help in the job you do.
Lastly know the job responsibilities and do research a lot before you attend any interview. Prepare yourself a lot don't take it easy as there are many smart charms out there trying to stand out from the crowd.
Always remember the time you are having fun somebody is practicing hard somewhere to stand on top of you.

Thank you comment icon Thanks for the answer! It was very helpful! Angelina
Thank you comment icon What Geo said is just right, not too much information and the information given is helpful. Gil Figueroa
2
2

Ripon’s Answer

Here are few unique ways to make your job interview stand out. Cue the curtain rise.

If you’ll be asked to problem-solve, consider bringing a drawing sheet and illustrating your approach.

During your prep, think of a “theme” that encompasses your career arc and skills. Then reference that theme throughout the interview.

Look out for small but impactful ways to make an impression, like helping an assistant make copies.

Got a group interview? These tips will make you the most memorable in the pack.

Tell a story to the hiring manager to get your own happy ending.

If you can, leave something behind so your interviewer has a physical memory of your meeting.

Don’t switch “off” from interview mode until you leave the parking lot.
It’s not curtain-call yet! Check out how to write a memorable thank-you card.

And finally, read up on the 10 most memorable (and not in a good way) interview moments.

Source :https://www.themuse.com/advice/10-ways-to-make-sure-the-interviewer-remembers-you-in-a-good-way

Thank you comment icon Thank you for your answer! Quick question: you recommended leaving something behind so that the interviewer has a physical memory. would you recommend bringing flowers or bakery, etc, or something else? Thanks again! Angelina
Thank you comment icon Its not necessary that it has to be an object . What i meant is an long lasting impression . Ripon Ghosh
Thank you comment icon Ohhh, thank you for clarifying that for me! I looked at the articles that you included, and I saw what you meant. Thanks! Angelina
2
1

Mary’s Answer

The best thing to do is be prepared. Do your research on the company and ask questions based on what you learned about the company. Be excited about the job! Ask questions as the interview is also for you to decide if you would be a good fit. Use action verbs. Dress is important always dress in professional attire. Smile and be confident. If you want the job. Ask for it! Also be sure to send a thank you email highlighting your skills and indicating your desire for the position.

Thank you comment icon Those are all great ideas, thank you so much! Angelina
1
1

Janet’s Answer

Hi Angelina,

1) Your initial connection / first impression.
This link is great and I use all of these suggestions when I go to a new client. Especially #8 "Find a Connection"
https://www.themuse.com/advice/8-ways-to-make-a-great-first-impression-at-an-interview

2) Prepare two questions to ask at the end of the interview.
I went through a great round of interviews for a position once - in the end, they gave me the feedback that I didn't get the job because I didn't ask them questions, so they assumed I wouldn't ask good questions as I did the job.
This link has excellent options:
https://biginterview.com/blog/2011/08/best-questions-to-ask-end-interview.html
I recommend questions 7, 8 and 9.

Wish you the best!
Janet
first-impressions ending-the-job-interview
Thank you comment icon This was very helpful, thank you so much! Angelina
1
1

Lucie’s Answer

Outch, job interviews are tough! But the hardest part is really to actually get one in my opinion!
First of all dress for the job you want, without a tuxedo, dress the part.
Second, in my opinion what everyone looks into a good candidate/good interview is someone who is concise, doesn't lose his train of thoughts, to the point, good story teller, etc.

To stand out, despite the many answers you already got, I would say:
#1 Match job posting and resume
Highlight the different part of the job posting and match it to your resume. Use maybe a few different highlighters to really distinguish the different skillset required. This will be make it easier for you to speak about what has not been highlighted (because it will come up!)

#2 Look out for the obvious
Look for the obvious questions you will be asked: Experience, gap in resume, etc. Be prepared to respond to these questions with a well prepared answer. It might be a way for you to shine.

#3 Work on story telling
A good story needs to be down to the point and follow a path of development. Don't get lost into rabbit holes and other tangent, look into the narrative and make sure it is one where you stand out.

#4 Prepare and Practice make Perfect
There will be obvious questions about your resume, also, there will be the questions we are all expecting: Tell me about yourself, what are some of your qualities, what do you like about our company, why do you want to work here, etc.?
It will vary per the role and industry but all the questions you will have will be in some sort of the same flavor from one interview to the next.
Then rehearse, under the shower, in front of the mirror, with friends, family, etc. The more you repeat your stories the more they will come naturally and when a question you have not prepared for arise you should be more relaxed to answer.

Hope this helps,
Cheers

1
1

Anne’s Answer

Great question! When you begin your job search, take the time to think about the expertise that you possess, education that you completed, experience that you have and activities that you love to do. The more that you "fit" the job, the easier that it will be to stand out. For example, I have worked in the consumer tech industry in marketing for many years. When I joined Verizon, I had many things to talk about that made me stand out during the interview. Also, take the time to make a list of how your experience aligns with the job requirements before you start the interviewing process. Many first interviews are over the phone, so you can keep the list in front of you to remind you of the accomplishments as the interviewer is asking you questions. This will make you comfortable during the interview process. Also, practice answering questions concisely (to the point). Employers are looking for people who are comfortable communicating on the phone and in written communication.
1
0

Michelle’s Answer

There really isn't a scripted guide to interviews. I warn people first of all that a positive interview does not guarantee that you will be hired. On the other hand, a negative interview can prevent you from getting that job. Therefore if you want to stay in the running for a position, prepare for the interview.

Preparation takes many forms. First of all, learn all about the company and the industry. This will make the interview into a discussion rather than question and answer session which in turn lowers stress. Make a list of relevant subjects that you could discuss and use as examples. Be sure to dress nicely for the interview; personal grooming is important and shows that you care about yourself and are really serious about the interview/opportunity. Lastly, practice, practice, practice. Employ your friends and family and have them interview you. Answer the questions with eye contact and maybe even while looking in a mirror. This will let you also see your facial expressions and mannerisms. The more you practice, the more at ease you will be and the better your interview will be.

0
0

Virat’s Answer

Let me answer this in the points below, they add up to make you standout until & otherwise your skill set matches 100% with the position you are looking forward for & you are a master with those skills which is not a practical scenario:

1. First thing first-the look. Be present in a good descent attire. It doesn't enhance your skills but shows your readiness & interest for the job.

2. Job description: Have the correct understanding of the requirement & skill sets. Have an idea on the skill sets at the least which you might not have experience with.

3. Company History: Spend some time on reading about the company you are appearing for.

4. Say No: We are all humans & might not know everything. If you have no idea on a certain topic, be open to say No.

5. Strengths: Have a fair idea in your mind about the strengths you have out of the desired skills & take your chance to talk around them. Mention any related achievements.

6. Make the flow: Try to get questions rather being asked questions. If you could do this, you are in for the job if you have applied for the wright skill set :)

7. Communication & Attitude: Be a good & polite speaker. Practice for the intro if you are new to the interviews. Maintain a good attitude & be willing to learn for the missing skills required for the job.
0
0

Jennifer’s Answer

Hi Angelina!

Hope you are doing well. Way to go on taking that first step to reach out to others for help & guidance, it's a tough thing to do for some. This is a great question and there are many ways to provide a response with different avenues to take.

With that, here are a few of my thoughts/suggestions/opinions...
+ Be authentic, Be confident, Be caring, Be positive, Be responsive, Be attentive, Be impressive.... and it's okay to Be nervous. :)
+ Do your research on the company & the position you are interviewing for.
+ Have a few questions ready for them to help you get comfortable with the position:
- where will you work?
- who will you work with?
- what additional skills do you need?
- is there training available if you need to better your skills?
- what is the day to day dress code?
+ Dress professional, first impressions do matter! Ask someone if your outfit would be acceptable for an interview and explain to them what the interview is for.
+ Be ready to sell yourself...by means of your skills, your willingness to work, your enthusiasm to join the company - they will ask questions from the application you completed or the resume you provided - be ready to respond.
+ Keep the chit chat to a minimum, do not dominate the conversation. As they speak, you listen and do not interrupt.
+ When speaking, be clear & to the point, keep it simple unless asked to elaborate, slow down & pause when need if you feel like you have been talking a lot (giving a long answer to the question).
+ Smile & stay positive throughout the entire interview - show them you are ready to start working at their company.

I will stop here, hope the above helps! Thank you for giving me the opportunity to share guidance.

Best of luck! You will do great! Stay Strong!

Jennifer B.

0
0

Warren’s Answer

In my experience, I have always found the following to be very beneficial in my interviews. I have not always gotten the position, but I have received great feedback and was put "on the radar" as a result, which lead to great future opportunities.

1. Dress professional without going overboard, but take it to the limit that is appropriate for the position (i.e. don't wear a suite to a place where everyone wear t-shirts, but wear a polo or patterned button down shirt).

2. Research the company ahead of time and have a reasonable understanding of the organization and the position (as much as you can).

3. Prepare materials that showcase you that you can leave with the interviewer(s). This can be a portfolio, PowerPoint presentation highlighting your achievements, etc. You should have enough copies for everyone. This should also include a copy of your formal resume.

4. Give full and complete answers to the questions. Don't just provide "yes" or "no" answers. It's best to define an example, what you did, the outcome, and what you learned as appropriate.

5. Always have a question or two to ask before the interview ends. This should be more than about pay and benefits. For example, you may ask "what does success look like in this position?".
0
0

Sam’s Answer

Learn as much as you can about the company and the people you are interviewing with. Know when the company was established and different departments, competitors and core strengths of the company in the industry it represents. If you can get some basic details on the interviewer and their professional background it may serve you well to align your conversation accordingly. The company website or a social media website can aid the process (if you research someone on Linked in, most of the time-they will know if you looked at their profile as a heads up)
Dress professionally and be assertive during your answers, there are many sites that can give you practice questions. Answers should be concise and clear and answered in less than 2 minutes to hold the interviewers interest. if you are not sure what the interviewer is asking, get certainty so you are on target with your conversation.
0
0

Omani’s Answer

Hi Angelina. I know it can be scary and challenging going on interviews. Allow me to mention a few things that you may not find on typical Google searches.

-eat some potassium prior, for example a banana. This fruit stimulates the mind, gives energy and allows a state of calmness.

-sit at the edge of the sit, proper posture, yet relaxed as much as possible.

-smile as often as you can, sincere smiles, not forced.

-have a personal story you have overcame and relate it to your aim in being successful.

it's ok if you stumble, say your apologies and keep flowing. Remember they are humans and know we all make mistakes. Be honest, and think of ways that can stand you outside of the box. And I KNOW you will be successful! Ask prior of you can do some reconnaissance on the company prior in a office visit to understand company culture and values.
studyunknownfactsofcompany beunique youaregreat rememberthat
0
0

Gloria’s Answer

You have gotten some good feedback from others here. I would recommend something that I have actually done poorly in the past and have paid for during interviews - preparation. No matter how many interviews you have had, each interview is unique to the organization where you are applying. That means that you should do your research on the organization, so that you can speak knowledgably about the business. You can also prepare examples of how you have worked in that specific type of business or job role. In addition, you should prepare for the interview itself. What questions do you think that you will be asked? If you need some help, there are a lot of resources online on questions. Also take a close look at the job description, looking at each line. Try to write a question for each item in the job description. How would you answer a question about a particular skill and your experience with that skill?

Another thing to recognize is that businesses are moving to more behavioral questioning techniques. Here is a link to some examples: https://www.indeed.com/career-advice/interviewing/most-common-behavioral-interview-questions-and-answers. In general, companies are going to ask you about skills and actions that reflect their corporate culture. For example. my company has four value pillars and we are often asked questions about what and how we have achieved those pillars. This is a time that you can shine, by being able to provide details on your experiences.
0
0

You have one chance to make a good first impression. As many others have said, research the company, research your interviewer (on the company website or through LinkedIn) and understand what the position you applying for entails. Know what your short and long-term goals are as well as your strengths and weaknesses. Be prepared to ask the interviewer questions. This can provide several benefits, 1) it shifts some of the conversation away from you and back to the interviewer (who typically like to talk about the company), 2) it shows that you are engaged, 3) it tells the interviewer that you spent some time thinking about the opportunity and your place in the company. Maintain eye contact. Convey confidence in your ability but also show that you are human. Show that while you are applying for this job, that you are well rounded, flexible and open to special projects and different opportunities within the organization. Send the interviewer a thank you message.

0
0

Vic’s Answer

My number one thing has always been to network with those at the firm before hand to field out all the elementary questions and conduct the exploratory phase of seeing if you want to work there (in a lower risk environment). By doing that you will gain knowledge on things at the firm that might not be on the company website, get a better idea of good questions to ask in the actual interview and overall come more prepared/ confident in convincing your interviewer that you know what you're getting yourself into and why you are the best candidate for it.
0
0

Marcela’s Answer

There are a few key things that you need to remember when going in for an interview.

1. Know what you are interviewing for, do the research. Take some time to look up the company you are about to interview for. What are they known for, what are some of the projects they currently have on the works, or even have they recently been on the news? Additionally, if you have the advantage of knowing who exactly is interviewing you, again do some research on who they are and what their position is.

2. Know your resume. Be prepare to talk about anything you mentioned on your resume and try to keep your resume to 1 page. Always bring printed copies.

3. Dress the part. When in doubt it is always better to dress more formally. First impressions matter.

4. Be up to date with current events. Your interviewer wants to know that you are an informed citizen. There are many websites that provide brief news on what is happening around the world (Ex: skimm).

5. Let the interviewer guide the conversation. Be engaging and interested in what he or she is saying and smile.

6. Finally BREATHE. Remember they are interviewing you because they liked what they saw on your application. Relax and be you and own who your are.
0
0

Jay’s Answer

Angelina,

The three things that always stand out most to me when people are interviewing for roles are really not fancy or out of this world. I trust my recruiters to vet a candidates experience, so I am really looking for a few things:

1. Interest in the role. This seems like a no-brainer, but do your research on the specific role and come prepared with questions. I always remember the candidates who ask very pointed questions about the role and who are able to tie my responses back to their experience.

2. Interest in me and my team. Usually, I am interviewing people for roles reporting to me or on one of my teams. I want to find a candidate who cares about the team they work on and can express the type of manager they work best with. Remember that you are interviewing the manager as well as them interviewing you.

3. Interest in the company. Why do you want to work at that specific company and in that specific role. Come prepared to ask about the culture, and reflect on how that will fit with you and your values.

At the end of the day, the people who are the most successful (in my experience) are those who love working for the company, on the team, and in the area they are focused on. When you find that combination, the "work" part of your career becomes simple!

0
0

Michelle’s Answer

0
0

Rob’s Answer

I always like to ask, "How would I know you're doing a good job?" I think it's important that the person interviewing knows as much as they can about the role/person of the interviewer. This could require asking the recruiter or coordinator to get infomration such as title, role, areas of responsibility, etc. From there you can do some research on public websites, LinkedIn, etc. to learn about their background (college, other jobs/companies, etc.). From there, put yourself in their shoes from the standpoint of the job you are interviewing for and be prepared to either answer that question or proactively offer that information. I think good answers to this question would really stand out.
0
0

Asha’s Answer

Be Prepared for the position you are applying for. Dress appropriately. Be Confident. Be Honest when you really don't know the answer. Communicate you interest in the Job. Be truthful about your knowledge about topics and you expertise.
0
0

Parth’s Answer

In my opinion, the following approach helps you stand out in an interview. I am assuming that you are fully prepared with respect to your Resume and Technical questions.
1. Dress for success - You should be dressed very professionally. Follow business formals, if not, atleast business casuals.
2. Thoroughly prepare for behavioural questions - Lot of times these questions are ignored since we focus more on technical questions, however, you should be self aware of your strenghths and weaknesses before going into an interview. Interviewers want someone with whom they could work well.
3. Spend some time studying about the company - History, Business Model, Market Capitalization, Stock Price, Leadership etc. Talk to a person in the company and try to get insights on work culture, assessment system, etc. The interviewers like it when you study about not only the position you are applying to but also about the company.
0
0

john’s Answer

Make sure you ask questions. Start of first in the interview. How is your day going? Busy day? comment about an item on their desk. Like a picture or a vase or plant. Let them know you are human. That will really score some points. My brother in law had a test for his candidates. He is a manager at a large firm. He puts a really ugly vase or decorative item on his desk. If he get a comment on it. Like that is some vase? or wow ! i love the colors in that vase. They go to the top of his hiring list. Sounds weird but it helps.
0
0

Addison’s Answer

Luckily, there are SO many ways that you can stand out during a job interview. I recommend starting by following up with your request for an interview if there is any lag time between you and the hiring manager during your initial communication. This shows that you really want the job and that you are also proactive. After you have secured the interview, make sure you dress the part. When in doubt, dress up. I always think it's better to be over-dressed than under dressed. Next, go in with a firm handshake when greeting your interviewer. Further to this, be direct, honest, and most importantly, show your knowledge and generally, don't be afraid to "toot your own horn." Obviously, don't go overboard, but definitely reinforce your knowledge on your subject matter and job qualifications. Be confident!

Thank you comment icon Confidence is the key for any interview . Debasmita Biswas
0
0

Charles’s Answer

Looking into your work history, jot down 15 major accomplishments. Commit these areas to your memory. You will be able to fit in each of these when interview questions send you to your memory of these accomplishments. Fit them into your answers and expand your reply with creative additions. Throughout the interview, use action words and describe your abilities in terms of the actions you are capable of. Be strong with your confidence in what you can accomplish.

Be sure to write up 3 detailed questions that makes you ready when they ask you what your questions are. Be sure to do your homework and be able to talk about the company that you want to work for. If you have a portfolio of your work areas, bring it with and refer to it with an exciting presentation of your working accomplishments.
0
0

I always tell my employees, you must bring energy to your interview. I once held an interview day, where I had 13 interviews in one day. By the time I made it to my last scheduled interview, I was exhausted. The last candidate unfortunately had no energy. His speech was very monotone, facial expressions very stoic and his entire presence lacked energy. Ultimately, I was bored through his interview. The candidate could have been the best one of the day, but when it was all said and done, the only thing I could remember from his interview was how low energy he was and so he was immediately removed from my pool of candidate. I always tell my employees, you have no idea what your interviewers day looked like, bring energy and be memorable!
0
0

Harpreet’s Answer

Hey Angelina,

I'll keep this short as you've got tons of great advice! When I've interviewed job applicants, the single most important thing that sets candidates apart is being able to demonstrate a genuine interest in the role at the company. Sometimes 'genuine interest' will be called passion, excitement, showing interest etc.

And to demonstrate genuine interest, you need to want the job you're going for and do lots of practice with friends/family (and ask them for feedback on this point).

0
0

Randi’s Answer

100% be yourself! The best interviews I've had have always been when I have moved it to more of a conversation rather than a strict formal interview.

Set yourself up for success by asking questions about the company and the position. Get a feel for what it may be like to work there and let the interviewer know you are interested in becoming a part of everything.

And lastly be engaging and positive. Try to treat the interview process as something fun and exciting, despite how nerve-racking it may be.
0
0

Jay’s Answer

Angelina,

I have interviewed a lot of people during my career, and I can say that the ones I remember the most are those who are actually interested in the job. I think a lot of the other answers all capture the same sentiment (doing your research on the role and the interviewer, think of how you would fit into the role, think of the questions that would really sell you on the role). The more you are excited and curious about the role, the manager, the coworkers, and the company, the more that excitement and curiosity will show through in the interview. In my mind, it is always more fulfilling working with people who are interested in their job, and those are the people I want to work with.

Best of luck
0
0

Charles’s Answer

0
0

Cameron’s Answer

I would say the most important thing you could do to stand out in an interview is to be well prepared. It might seem obvious but interviewers can tell the difference between people who are engaged and have done their research on the company compared to those who seem to have no preparation. It is important to establish connections as well in order to create a relationship. Interviews are all about getting to know you so make sure you don't forget to include the highlights of who you are.
0
0

Anthony’s Answer

Many good answers here. I have conducted a handful of interviews myself and I will chime in to emphasize CHARISMA. Be charming, friendly, sincere, confident, and present. The fact is you will be interviewed by a person and people have an unconscious bias to those they like the most. This added with some of the other answers here, you will be unstoppable.
0
0

Kevin’s Answer

1. Research the company that you are applying for. Know what the goals are of said company.
2. Be confident in the interview.
3. Dress appropriately for the interview. For men, wear a suit. For woman wear a dress.
4. Eye contact is very important. Always look interviewer in the eyes.
5. Explain your strengths and weaknesses.
6. Sit up straight, do not cross your arms.
7. Be positive about your prior jobs and experiences.
8. Sell yourself to show why you are the best person for the position.
9. Write a thank you letter to the said interviewer for their time.
10. Have a good firm handshake, no fish grip.
0
0

Josh’s Answer

I've found that having specific examples for behavioral type questions (you can find in Google) really help you prepare and feel more comfortable during interviews. They can be pretty general questions, so thinking about specific examples to several behavioral questions will help prepare you. If you don't have extensive work experience, you can use life and school situations as well; use what you know.

Example:
Question: Tell me about a time you had to handle a challenging situation?

Answer: On Project XYZ at Company 123, I was unexpectedly thrust into a team lead role and had two team members who hated working with each other.
So I designed a project planning meeting that would get the three of us talking about best ways to approach the project and leverage each of their strengths. The results were excellent as we delivered the project on time and on budget.
0
0

Jeffrey’s Answer

Do your research on the company and the role, most importantly arrive early enough to fully give yourself time before your interview starts. Be yourself and answer interview questions with examples. Post interview send a thank you email and or hand written note. Always have a positive attitude and you will do amazingly well.
0
0

Liz’s Answer

Have a couple interesting stories / anecdotes about past work experiences to share. You will stand out as a memorable candidate if you share a story that makes the interviewer smile or empathize with you. Also, if you share what lessons you learned from those experiences, and how that would help you in this role you're interviewing for, then I think it'll make you stand out in a very positive way.
0
0

Simeon’s Answer

To stand out in a job interview, be prepared with personal anecdotes about the qualities that make you a great candidate for the job you're applying for. Make sure to have stories of times that were stressful or even involved conflict. Show that you a hard worker and a great team player.
0
0

Dawn’s Answer

The interview is your chance to shine. Your interviewer has already looked over your resume, so they know the basics. When they ask you to talk about your work history, that’s when you can elaborate and give more details about your accomplishments. Highlight the parts of your current job that you excel at and any major achievements you’ve had. If you’re transitioning into a new field, use the time to explain how your current experience ties in to the job you’re interviewing for.

0
0

Gaurav’s Answer

I have interviews many folks and here are few things which I feel are very important.

1) Get a good idea about the company or department for which you are giving interview.
2) If you know about interviewer , Please check his/her LinkedIn profile and get his specialization
3) Go through the job description and align your skills with the profile and try to highlight it
4) Give the answer with some real time examples.

0
0

Sirlei’s Answer

To me, what makes an interviewee stand out in an interview is how genuine the person is, how articulate and, above all, how prepared.
It's important that you be the best version of yourself you can be!

Make sure you read about the company before hand, understand the position you're applying for, connect your resume and experiences with the job posting and be yourself!

Regards,
0
0

Colleen’s Answer

1. Do you research on the company, the industry, and the interviewer(s). I always go one step beyond looking up the interviewer on LinkedIn, and I also search for any articles where they've been quoted or recordings of interviews or industry panels. This helps me understand the language they use to speak about their business so that I can use some of the same language when meeting with them.

2. Come prepared with questions. If you're stuck on questions to ask about the job or the company, a great option is always to ask the interviewer about their career path - what drew them to their current role and what about their current role/company has kept them happy and engaged.

3. Quick, thoughtful follow up is noticed! Reference exact topics that we spoke about; share a link to an article you referenced or attach a work sample.
0
0

Jason’s Answer

A First Impression has never been more important. Pump yourself up before the interview to get rid of the butterflies. Remind yourself of all the reasons you are right for the job. Confidence is critical. Also, be yourself. Do not give answers you think they want to hear, that's a huge red flag and is easily spotted.
0
0

Katy’s Answer

Know your audience, research the interviewee and personalize your answers and questions to what is important to them.  Research and preparation show that you want the job and are interested in the next step. And if you want to move on ask to move on. Be confident but not egotistical and go after what you want.  

0
0

Zaddie’s Answer

- Show confidence when communicating what you do and DO NOT KNOW
- Ask questions that engage the person you are interviewing with on a personal level (be observant and pick up on personal queues)
- Ask the interviewer where do they see them self in 5 years
0
0

Dennis’s Answer

Angelina be yourself through the Interview process and have a game plan of what you want to relay to the potential employer. Answer any questions you can to the best of your abilities - A candid approach throughout can go a long way during the interview and can show your Authenticity.

Good Luck!
0
0

Brendon’s Answer

Here are some things that will help:

- Look presentable.
- Go into the interview with a good attitude and a clear mind.
- Appear confident even if you are not.
- Be friendly.
- Do your research about the company before arriving.
0
0

Elizabeth’s Answer

Among all the important recommendations above, remember to be yourself and let them know what makes you unique.
0
0

Surendra’s Answer

1. When you talk about your experience then just don't talk about what you did, instead talk about how you made a difference. For example, instead of saying I did software testing, say I simplifies test script template, improved tester efficiency and testing accuracy.
2. Be as specific as you can, and not beat around the bush. Be short and precise in your response.
3. Highlight your achievements in a way to differentiate yourself from other candidates.
0
0

Mia Bindesbøl’s Answer

One thing I learned, that really paid off:

Be who you are, and own it.

Only be and say what you stand for. Do not pretend that you can do or something that is not you. This will be transparent in the interview/personal test. Confident appliers will be more trustworthy.

resume job-interview
0
0

Chris’s Answer

I thought this article from an HR VP at Google was very interesting:

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/02/08/want-a-job-at-google-a-vp-shares-6-things-to-say-during-job-interviews.html
0
0

Lory’s Answer

Hi ! Well, it's really a little of everything: what you say, what you do, and how you present yourself. Read up about the company you are applying for, and seem knowledgeable and authentically interested in the company's values, products, services, etc. Prepare and ask relevant questions. Be clear of your own strengths, and growth areas. be honest about what your growth areas are - and clearly outline how you mitigate for these, or are working on them. Consider taking a course or reading about how to have effective conversations, or interview skills. Good luck !
0
0

Chrissy’s Answer

Job interviews can be intimidating, but remember that they're trying to determine if you're a good fit just as much as you're trying to determine if that company/role is a good fit for you. A few tips to stand out:

-Do your research. Know the leadership team, general company history, and any recent news surrounding the company. Being informed and able to speak to these topics will make it easier for your interviewers to envision you in that role.

-Don't lose your personality. Be professional in the way you dress and behavior, but stay true to who you are. Chemistry with the interviewers and your future team are as much as factor as your skills and experience.

-Follow up after the interview. Sending thank you notes to your interviewers and recruiter will go a long way, even if you're not selected for the position.

Best of luck to you!
0
0

Steve’s Answer

When it comes to interviewing we all get nervous! The best advice I can give you is to prepare in advance. Have a polished resume and a plan, bring them to the interview. Part of planning and getting prepared is to do your homework. Spend time researching the job and talking to those in position. You need to know the job before you know it is the right fit for both of you. Lastly, give it your best!
0
0

Noorayaz’s Answer

Know the company you are applying to. What do they do? What do they sell and how do they differentiate themselves. Call in and ask to speak to someone already in a similar role. Most people are willing to help and you can get valuable insight. Hiring managers want someone who is driven, resourceful and committed. Doing some extra legwork on the front end and weaving what you learned into your plan for the role - will definitely set you apart from most people.
0
0

Ruan’s Answer

Hi Angelina, I believe your Attitude is what will make you stand out. I learned a quote which I would like to share which states, "Your Attitude Determines your Altitude." In your interview, your attitude will be seen in the words used, your body language, your thought process, likewise your tone. It encompasses all that you believe and consider important to you. Once your mind is made up, your attitude will reflect that which represents Angelina. Those are key when in an interview and should be seen throughout the process.
0
0

Matt’s Answer

What would make you stand out in an interview?

Prepare concrete examples of instances when you have gone above and beyond. For example. problems you have found solutions to overcome, working with challenging colleagues. or taking initiative. Chances are you will be able to incorporate these example into your responses for various interview questions. Without concrete examples, interviewers are more likely to interpret your responses as generic, thus making you blend into the sea of other applicants.
0
0

Sneha’s Answer

Its the X factor. What else do you do in your life besides your main job? What other Ventures/Adventures are you embarking on in your personal life? Because people who live exciting lives naturally draw other people to them without having to try harder. And your confidence shows.

0
</