Career Questions tagged Workforce

Clio C.’s Avatar
Clio C. May 13, 2019 420 views

Do extracurricular activities during college really matter after graduating college? (i.e. in the workforce)

Does being a president of a student organization related to one's major at college matter 10 years after graduating college? Or is it just a sign of overachievement during college? (Apologies if these questions come across as offensive, I am genuinely curious about their answers. Thank you!)...

workforce career college

Ahlyia L.’s Avatar
Ahlyia L. Aug 27, 2018 911 views

What are ways to increase your changes of being accepted to four year colleges, despite being from a low income area?

Another question I have is how can I stand out to colleges while being from a low income area that, to me, seems to limit my opportunities? I have had personal experiences losing great opportunities due to where I am from. college high-school low-income-area workforce steam stem science...

space career space-exploration medicine math planetary-science pharmaceuticals forensics advice technology astrophysics engineering astronomy

Ahlyia L.’s Avatar
Ahlyia L. Aug 27, 2018 540 views

What are the challenges I may face pursuing a career in science, and how can I stand out among the rest?

For my first two years in high school I have been studying biotechnology and I have been working diligently in preparing myself for college and the workforce. Though I have not decided on an exact career, I am deeply considering one within forensics, pharmaceuticals, or in the space exploration...

space-exploration nasa future steam planetary-science pharmaceuticals forensics women-in-stem science technology astrophysics medicine biotechnology career stem workforce high-school student

Kaitlyn C.’s Avatar
Kaitlyn C. Apr 11, 2018 364 views

I love school but I've learned that I hate being in the workforce. How can I be sure to get a job I will enjoy after I graduate?

I can't stay in school forever. I graduate with my MFA (yes, I'm going for specialization), but I'm worried that after I'm specialized, I still won't be able to find a job I enjoy. workforce career career-advising finding-a-major...

passion

Claudette L.’s Avatar
Claudette L. May 29, 2018 340 views

Is there still age discrimination in the workforce?

I have read that for people over 50 it is hard to find a job. What are the chances of me finding a good job after graduation based on my age? discrimination, experiencevsyouth experience workforce...

environment

Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Jun 15, 2018 414 views

Internships after college?

I'm a CareerVillage staff member and I'm posting this because we know that many young people are looking for the answer to this question. This is among the most popular questions searched by youth, and we're hoping you will take a moment to share your response to it. Thank you! college...

workforce interning employment internships

Angie Y.’s Avatar
Angie Y. Jan 21, 2018 548 views

What are some tips you can give to someone who is job interviewing and the person who is doing your interview is two times younger then you and you sense that the age difference is not an issue for you but seems to make the interviewer uncomfortable?

I have been within the work force for some time; 30 years to be exact; I am running into interviewers that are younger and find themselves thrown by interviewing me. The 80/20 rule of interviewing goes out the window and they seem to do all the talking like they are the ones selling...

tips learningeverstops interviewing workforce atease 80