Career Questions tagged Clinicalpsychology

Sabreet D.’s Avatar
Sabreet D. Oct 14 26 views

When professors are writing a letter of recommendation, do they recycle the same letter for the multiple graduate programs you are having them send a letter to?

I am in the process of requesting my professors for a letter of recommendation for the Clinical Psychology Ph.D. programs I am applying to. I am curious if professors send the same letter to all graduate programs you are requesting them to send a letter to. #student #graduate #professor...

#psychology #clinicalpsychology

Sabreet D.’s Avatar
Sabreet D. Oct 14 53 views

How many letters of recommendation is too many to ask for from professors?

I am currently applying to Clinical Psychology Ph.D. programs, and I wanted to know how many letters of recommendation are too many to ask for from professors? #student #psychology #application #clinicalpsychology #graduateschool #professor #students...

#graduate

Devon S.’s Avatar
Devon S. Oct 12 60 views
Esther L.’s Avatar
Esther L. Jul 20 117 views

What made you start your own private practice, and how did you go about it?

I am an aspiring clinical psychologist and have been doing research on private practice. I've read on how it gives you more freedom in setting your own hours, more control of your clients, and more independence as a business. I've also read on how it requires alot of your own resources,...

#experience #psychology #therapist #clinicalpsychology #entrepreneur #career #psychologists #clients #therapy #july20 #clinicalpsychologists #startup #startupbusiness #privatepractice #business

Esther L.’s Avatar
Esther L. Jul 20 103 views

How influential is your dissertation or degree emphasis on your career employment?

I am about to start a doctoral program in clinical psychology. Everyone is telling me that an emphasis and dissertation focus on military veterans, can lead to a better practicum and internship placement with the VA, which apparently is on the higher earning spectrum in terms of clinical...

#dissertation #psychology #clinicalpsychology #doctorate #employmet #july20 #degree #career #doctoral

Hannah S.’s Avatar
Hannah S. May 21, 2018 222 views

What are the difficulties of working as a clinical psychologist?

I want to go into the field of clinical psychology and work in a hospital setting. However I am trying to figure out the pros and cons before I make a final decision. #psychology #hospital...

#clinicalpsychology

Clifford Khent C.’s Avatar
Clifford Khent C. Mar 06, 2018 285 views

If I want to become a Clinical Psychologist, what can I do early on in order to get my foot in the door?

Currently, I work as a Behavioral Therapist. Would this be a good way to get my foot into the clinical aspect of the psychology field? #clinicalpsychology #psychology...

#mental-health-counseling

Shanice N.’s Avatar
Shanice N. Jan 16, 2018 323 views

What are some tips and steps that I should take in order to start a charity organization?

I want to start a charity organization that aids in funding the less fortunate, homeless, less developed countries etc. what are some steps that I should be taking I order to start one? For example will I need legal work, lawyers, a large social media platform and donations to start the...

#psychology #clinicalpsychology #undergrad #georgia #college #organization #helping #essay #undergradute #charity #usa #donate

Shanice N.’s Avatar
Shanice N. Jan 16, 2018 358 views

What are your future goals in life?

My future goals in life are to complete my college egducation and get my Bachelors degree, get into graduate school and work my way to become a Clinical Psychologist. These are the biggest life long goals that I have set up to complete, and I am working immensely on trying to achieve them all....

#askquestion #psychology #college #future #motivation #clinicalpsychology #essay #helping #goals #undergraduate