Career Questions tagged Surgeons

Allison S.’s Avatar
Allison S. Oct 27, 2016 530 views

What is a day in the life as a surgeon?

I definitely want to pursue a career in medicine, but I can't really decide. #surgeons #nurses #medicine #surgery #healthcare...

#hospital-and-health-care

trinity M.’s Avatar
trinity M. May 24, 2016 737 views

what is some good advice for an aspiring pediactric surgeon (orthopedic)?

I would like to know anything and everything that can help me further educate myself and also put me in the right direction. #doctor #medicine #pediatrics #surgery #orthopedics #surgeons...

#hospital-and-health-care

Makayla S.’s Avatar
Makayla S. Oct 31, 2016 484 views

What are some of the ways that you deal with difficult situations that you face as a surgeon?

I want to become a doctor, and specifically a neurosurgeon. I know that it takes a long time, there is much to learn, and years of study to achieve this goal. I realize that I could face some situations that are difficult and that no matter how good I am, I may not be able to help everyone....

#general-surgery #neurology #medicine #surgeons

Ally H.’s Avatar
Ally H. Oct 24, 2016 562 views

How do you keep your career from becoming your entire life?

While I want to be passionate about and focused on my career, I want to be able to balance work and family. I think there is definitely a way to have the best of both worlds, but I would enjoy some input on how to best go about accomplishing that. #doctor #medicine #surgery #surgeon...

#surgeons

Qiqi L.’s Avatar
Qiqi L. Oct 23, 2016 454 views

If a person wants to be like, say, a cardiac surgeon, how many years if extra training does he/she need to go through?

I was just wondering actually...I know that if you want to go into like a specific area of surgery, then you would need extra training in that field. #medicine #surgeons #us...

#cardiac

Qiqi L.’s Avatar
Qiqi L. Oct 23, 2016 591 views

What are the pros and cons of a bs/md program?

I'm a senior and I have been thinking about working in the medical field for a land time. I heard about the bs/md program and I though it was pretty cool, but I'm not sure #college #medicine #surgeons #boston...

#bsmeprograms

Johana R.’s Avatar
Johana R. Apr 20, 2015 584 views
Kelsie H.’s Avatar
Kelsie H. Mar 25, 2014 687 views

how many years do i need to go to college to be an obstetrician gynecologist?

i'm doing a research project- and can't find the right answer! this is my career and yet this question puzzles me.... #physician #careers #surgeons...

#gynecologist