Career Questions tagged Residency

alyssa F.’s Avatar
alyssa F. Jan 02 110 views

Is getting straight A's a good way to get a good scholarship ? And what if you were to have one B ? Would that effect your chance to recieve a scholarship . Also what kind of scholarships could you get that would be very beneficial ?

I want to be an orthopedic surgeon which will require 4 years of undergraduate, 4 years of medical school, and up to 5 years of residency. So I know it will be very important to get a scholarship and I would appreciate your advice and opinions. #scholarship #college #financial-aid #university...

#residency #orthopedic #medicine

Mira J.’s Avatar
Mira J. Nov 06, 2019 68 views

what are the procedures to study medical residency in Georgia for a foreign student please?

i am a medical student in Algeria and i am so interested to study my medical residency in georgia after getting my degree here, is it possible? and what are the procedures please?? i really need help!!! #medicine #residency...

#doctor

William H.’s Avatar
William H. Mar 15, 2018 249 views

For doctors/physicians, what would you change to enhance your residency experience?

I understand that there are ups and downs in medical school and the training years later on. I want to know what can be done to make things smoother for doctors. #medicine #residency #doctor #healthcare...

#hospital-and-healthcare

Matthew T.’s Avatar
Matthew T. Jan 17, 2018 288 views

How does the residency process work following medical school?

I want to go to medical school, and I know this is followed by a residency, but I don’t know a lot about that process. How does the application process for residency work? Do residencies focus on specialties? #medicine #residency #medical-school #healthcare...

#hospital-and-health-care

DAMON H.’s Avatar
DAMON H. Apr 19, 2018 240 views
Bhavani S.’s Avatar
Bhavani S. Jan 17, 2018 231 views

How will the MD-DO residency merger affect students seeking an MD and students seeking a DO, particularly those students interesting in pursuing ophthalmology?

I've has a passion for medicine for as long as I can remember. Due to my medical history and having read up on various conditions and diseases, I've found ophthalmology to be the field, that I would like to pursue, so that I can give other individuals a shot at living an uninhibited life. I...

#residency #ophthalmology #medicine

Osiris  H.’s Avatar
Osiris H. Oct 12, 2017 404 views

Is it possible to do medical school in Cuba?

I want to be a surgeon and want to see if it would be possible to go to Cuba for medical school. My only concern is if I would be able to transfer these credits to make sure I can do my residency and work in the United States afterward. #surgeon #medicalschool- #medical-school #residency...

#residence-life #medicine

Nada D.’s Avatar
Nada D. Jan 01, 2017 516 views

What is the difference between a residency and a fellowship?

Given the fact that after earning an M.D. in order to specialize in a specific doctor's field you have to go through a program to gain certification, the terms residency and fellowship have both been mentioned and I, as a result, don't know the difference between the two. #doctor #residency...

#fellowships #certifications

Amy Z.’s Avatar
Amy Z. Jul 12, 2016 460 views
Irma A.’s Avatar
Irma A. Sep 02, 2015 566 views

What is "getting your residency"?

I was interested in going into the medical field, and people often refer to getting something called "your residency". #doctor...

#residency

Jamia J.’s Avatar
Jamia J. Aug 22, 2015 771 views

For me to become a neurosurgeon, do I have to complete my residency ?

I am a senior in high school , and I want to become a neurosurgeon. I know that I have to do 4 years in college, and 4 years in medical school. What about the residency? What's the least amount of time can I do? #doctor #neurosurgeon...

#residency

Monica  R.’s Avatar
Monica R. May 19, 2015 865 views

What are the steps to become a nurse mid-wife and a OBGYN?

Hello, My name is Monica Rodriguez, I am a junior at Madison Park Technical High School. My career that I want to mayor in, to become a OB GYN. Here at my high school, I am taking classes which involves me in the Medical field. I really enjoy it and I am very interested in learning and...

#residency #education #malpractice

Hector A.’s Avatar
Hector A. Jan 21, 2015 8246 views

How did you choose where to do your residency?

I know becoming a doctor requires several years of schooling, but I am unsure of the process after Pre-Med and Medical School. How do Doctors decide where to do their residency? #doctor #medicine #surgeon #hospital #medical-field...

#residency

MiKayla C.’s Avatar
MiKayla C. Apr 09, 2014 1406 views

If you intern at a hospital as a nurse do you let you stay once you internship is done or do they make you leave?

I am a junior in high school and I would like to be an oncology nurse. #nurse #internship #hospital...

#residency

DejaCodman2 .’s Avatar
DejaCodman2 . Sep 07, 2012 27033 views

What does an OBGYN do while in residency?

I am a sophomore who is interested in learning more about the steps leading up into becoming an OBGYN. #doctor #medicine #healthcare #residency...

#steps