Career Questions tagged Residency

taylor M.’s Avatar
taylor M. Oct 19, 2020 84 views

To become a toxicologist, what does residency look like?

I guess what i’m asking is, is all residency the same?...

residency

alyssa F.’s Avatar
alyssa F. Jan 02, 2020 277 views

Is getting straight A's a good way to get a good scholarship ? And what if you were to have one B ? Would that effect your chance to recieve a scholarship . Also what kind of scholarships could you get that would be very beneficial ?

I want to be an orthopedic surgeon which will require 4 years of undergraduate, 4 years of medical school, and up to 5 years of residency. So I know it will be very important to get a scholarship and I would appreciate your advice and opinions. scholarship college financial-aid university...

medicine orthopedic residency

Mira J.’s Avatar
Mira J. Nov 06, 2019 163 views

what are the procedures to study medical residency in Georgia for a foreign student please?

i am a medical student in Algeria and i am so interested to study my medical residency in georgia after getting my degree here, is it possible? and what are the procedures please?? i really need help!!! medicine RESIDENCY...

doctor

William H.’s Avatar
William H. Mar 15, 2018 351 views

For doctors/physicians, what would you change to enhance your residency experience?

I understand that there are ups and downs in medical school and the training years later on. I want to know what can be done to make things smoother for doctors. medicine residency doctor healthcare...

hospital-and-healthcare

Matthew T.’s Avatar
Matthew T. Jan 17, 2018 393 views

How does the residency process work following medical school?

I want to go to medical school, and I know this is followed by a residency, but I don’t know a lot about that process. How does the application process for residency work? Do residencies focus on specialties? medicine residency medical-school healthcare...

hospital-and-health-care

Bhavani S.’s Avatar
Bhavani S. Jan 17, 2018 357 views

How will the MD-DO residency merger affect students seeking an MD and students seeking a DO, particularly those students interesting in pursuing ophthalmology?

I've has a passion for medicine for as long as I can remember. Due to my medical history and having read up on various conditions and diseases, I've found ophthalmology to be the field, that I would like to pursue, so that I can give other individuals a shot at living an uninhibited life. I...

medicine ophthalmology residency

Osiris  H.’s Avatar
Osiris H. Oct 12, 2017 517 views

Is it possible to do medical school in Cuba?

I want to be a surgeon and want to see if it would be possible to go to Cuba for medical school. My only concern is if I would be able to transfer these credits to make sure I can do my residency and work in the United States afterward. surgeon #medicalschool- medical-school residency...

medicine residence-life

Nada D.’s Avatar
Nada D. Jan 01, 2017 640 views

What is the difference between a residency and a fellowship?

Given the fact that after earning an M.D. in order to specialize in a specific doctor's field you have to go through a program to gain certification, the terms residency and fellowship have both been mentioned and I, as a result, don't know the difference between the two. doctor residency...

fellowships certifications

Amy Z.’s Avatar
Amy Z. Jul 12, 2016 591 views
Irma A.’s Avatar
Irma A. Sep 02, 2015 665 views

What is "getting your residency"?

I was interested in going into the medical field, and people often refer to getting something called "your residency". doctor...

residency

Jamia J.’s Avatar
Jamia J. Aug 22, 2015 883 views

For me to become a neurosurgeon, do I have to complete my residency ?

I am a senior in high school , and I want to become a neurosurgeon. I know that I have to do 4 years in college, and 4 years in medical school. What about the residency? What's the least amount of time can I do? doctor neurosurgeon...

residency

Monica  R.’s Avatar
Monica R. May 19, 2015 985 views

What are the steps to become a nurse mid-wife and a OBGYN?

Hello, My name is Monica Rodriguez, I am a junior at Madison Park Technical High School. My career that I want to mayor in, to become a OB GYN. Here at my high school, I am taking classes which involves me in the Medical field. I really enjoy it and I am very interested in learning and...

education malpractice residency

Hector A.’s Avatar
Hector A. Jan 21, 2015 9452 views

How did you choose where to do your residency?

I know becoming a doctor requires several years of schooling, but I am unsure of the process after Pre-Med and Medical School. How do Doctors decide where to do their residency? doctor medicine surgeon hospital medical-field...

residency

MiKayla C.’s Avatar
MiKayla C. Apr 09, 2014 1543 views
DejaCodman2 .’s Avatar
DejaCodman2 . Sep 07, 2012 27309 views

What does an OBGYN do while in residency?

I am a sophomore who is interested in learning more about the steps leading up into becoming an OBGYN. doctor medicine healthcare residency...

steps