Career Questions tagged Medschool

Ellie L.’s Avatar
Ellie L. Apr 21 209 views

Careers in biology other than being a physician?

Hi! I'm a junior in high school and I'm extremely passionate about biology and science in general. I've done a few research projects in various medical labs and think that health and medicine is a field I would like to pursue, but the idea of being a surgeon or physician of any kind does not...

research biology medschool doctor

Dahlia R.’s Avatar
Dahlia R. Mar 29 170 views
Angelica F.’s Avatar
Angelica F. Mar 10 300 views

Medical School req

I'm currently 3rd-year human biology and minor in psychology My goal is to go to medical school but my GPA isn't the best. I'm planning to take the MCAT next summer however, I'm told by my school advisor that I got no choice but to change my career plan because medicine isn't for me. I was...

physician school medicine medschool

Johara A.’s Avatar
Johara A. Dec 09, 2020 235 views

Calling all physiatrist, ER doctors and primary care physicians!

I'm debating on going into medicine and narrowed it down into three choices. Do you mind telling me what you do in your career? How are the people you work with? What was your pre-med degree and what was it like in med school? doctor medicine medschool medical-school...

physician

Brooke R.’s Avatar
Brooke R. Aug 10, 2020 174 views

What extra-curricular activities look good on medical school application?

hello! I am currently going into my sophomore year of college and I want to know what are good extracurricular activities to get into that look good on medical school applications..... I know medical school is very competitive so what would help make my application stand out medschool pre-med...

futuredoctor medschoolapplication doctor

Aleksandra B.’s Avatar
Aleksandra B. Jul 29, 2020 225 views

Applying to Med School as a Low Income Student?

I know that the general advice for premed students is to keep undergraduate debt low, since the cost of applying can be thousands to begin with. I don't have concerns about having undergrad debt because of my school's generous financial aid (I get school grants, Pell Grants, work study, etc.)....

physician medstudent premed medical-school medschool doctor

Aleksandra B.’s Avatar
Aleksandra B. Jul 29, 2020 174 views

What kinds of electives would you recommend for a premed student?

I already have a major and minor, but there is still space in my schedule for about 3-4 elective courses. I'd particularly like suggestions about humanities courses, since the majority of my schedule is hard science. Thank you! electives premed medschool physician...

minor

Nicholas F.’s Avatar
Nicholas F. May 08, 2020 300 views

Should I get a premed degree to do psychiatry?

I am one year away from completing my bachelor's degree in psychology. I originally wanted to do child psychology for a place like Kaiser. However, lately I've been thinking about doing child psychiatry instead. I've been doing some research and see that instead of applying for a master's...

college psychiatry medicine premed psychology medschool doctor

Henry L.’s Avatar
Henry L. Apr 22, 2020 272 views
Henry L.’s Avatar
Henry L. Apr 22, 2020 279 views

Do I need to remember the things I learn in chemistry?

I'm in chemistry right now, and sometimes I don't really enjoy it. Is it important to remember this stuff for medical school, or does only the grade matter? college doctor research...

medschool

Tess W.’s Avatar
Tess W. Apr 18, 2019 295 views

How can I complete medical school while working?

I want to be a doctor, but worry about the financial burden of undergraduate and medical school. I am an independent student financially supporting myself. I am looking for tips on how to find a job with flexible hours and navigating school requirements. doctor medicine premed...

hospital-and-healthcare medschool healthcare

Hanan M.’s Avatar
Hanan M. Apr 04, 2018 977 views

Any tips for aiming for the University of Toledo Medstart program?

University of Toledo is perfect for me right now, and even though I have a long time until I get into college, I really want to make sure that I'm doing everything possible to get into their programs. Any tips on what I should be doing? univeristyoftoledo medstart medschool doctor premed...

medicine hospital-and-healthcare medical-school healthcare

Hanan M.’s Avatar
Hanan M. Apr 03, 2018 421 views

Any tips for getting into a top school? For a medical school?

I know that it's super competitive for some schools and for almost all medical schools, so is there anything I should be doing to make sure that I have a good chance of getting in? medschool topschool ivyleague medicine healthcare hospital-and-healthcare doctor premed...

Hanan M.’s Avatar
Hanan M. Apr 03, 2018 304 views

How can I increase my chances for the Direct Med program?

I know that the Direct Med program is extremely competitive, but what can I do to make sure that I have a competitive resume that will higher my chances of getting in too? Do I need to make sure that I have good grades, good extracurriculars, or what? medicine directmedicine healthcare...

hospital-and-health-care medschool premed

Breanna W.’s Avatar
Breanna W. Mar 12, 2018 414 views

What are the best ways to help me get into Medical School?

I am about to go to college and I want to start preparing myself for medical School medschool medical-school medicine healthcare hospital-and-healthcare applications...

admissions

Avyanna S.’s Avatar
Avyanna S. Apr 19, 2019 3085 views

Can I major in accountancy and go to med school?

I chose accountancy because it's indemand but i know time will come, sooner or later my heart will find it's way to medicine because I really want to be a surgeon. Help me what to do if I graduate in bs accountancy and decided to go to med school after . Thank you for ur answer premed doctor...

accountancy medschool healthcare medicine help