Career Questions tagged Medschool

Nicholas F.’s Avatar
Nicholas F. May 08 65 views

Should I get a premed degree to do psychiatry?

I am one year away from completing my bachelor's degree in psychology. I originally wanted to do child psychology for a place like Kaiser. However, lately I've been thinking about doing child psychiatry instead. I've been doing some research and see that instead of applying for a master's...

#premed #psychiatry #college #psychology #medschool #doctor #medicine

Henry L.’s Avatar
Henry L. Apr 22 95 views

Will I have any time for video games in college/medical school?

I kind of like to play video games, but I'm worried I'll have too much work to do #medschool #medical...

Henry L.’s Avatar
Henry L. Apr 22 39 views

Do I need to remember the things I learn in chemistry?

I'm in chemistry right now, and sometimes I don't really enjoy it. Is it important to remember this stuff for medical school, or does only the grade matter? #college #doctor #research...

#medschool

Tess W.’s Avatar
Tess W. Apr 18, 2019 144 views

How can I complete medical school while working?

I want to be a doctor, but worry about the financial burden of undergraduate and medical school. I am an independent student financially supporting myself. I am looking for tips on how to find a job with flexible hours and navigating school requirements. #doctor #medicine #premed...

#medschool #hospital-and-healthcare #healthcare

Hanan M.’s Avatar
Hanan M. Apr 04, 2018 545 views

Any tips for aiming for the University of Toledo Medstart program?

University of Toledo is perfect for me right now, and even though I have a long time until I get into college, I really want to make sure that I'm doing everything possible to get into their programs. Any tips on what I should be doing? #univeristyoftoledo #medstart #medschool #doctor #premed...

#hospital-and-healthcare #medical-school #medicine #healthcare

Hanan M.’s Avatar
Hanan M. Apr 03, 2018 248 views

Any tips for getting into a top school? For a medical school?

I know that it's super competitive for some schools and for almost all medical schools, so is there anything I should be doing to make sure that I have a good chance of getting in? #medschool #topschool #ivyleague #medicine #healthcare #hospital-and-healthcare #doctor #premed...

Hanan M.’s Avatar
Hanan M. Apr 03, 2018 197 views

How can I increase my chances for the Direct Med program?

I know that the Direct Med program is extremely competitive, but what can I do to make sure that I have a competitive resume that will higher my chances of getting in too? Do I need to make sure that I have good grades, good extracurriculars, or what? #medicine #directmedicine #healthcare...

#premed #hospital-and-health-care #medschool

brooklyn S.’s Avatar
brooklyn S. Mar 15, 2018 283 views
Breanna W.’s Avatar
Breanna W. Mar 12, 2018 269 views

What are the best ways to help me get into Medical School?

I am about to go to college and I want to start preparing myself for medical School #medschool #medical-school #medicine #healthcare #hospital-and-healthcare #applications...

#admissions

Avyanna S.’s Avatar
Avyanna S. Apr 19, 2019 614 views

Can I major in accountancy and go to med school?

I chose accountancy because it's indemand but i know time will come, sooner or later my heart will find it's way to medicine because I really want to be a surgeon. Help me what to do if I graduate in bs accountancy and decided to go to med school after . Thank you for ur answer #premed #doctor...

#medicine #healthcare #accountancy #medschool #help

Tess W.’s Avatar
Tess W. Apr 18, 2019 142 views

#medschool

Tess W.’s Avatar
Tess W. Apr 18, 2019 171 views

#medschool

Krikor S.’s Avatar
Krikor S. Aug 30, 2018 198 views

What are good extracurricular activities to have for a medical school application?

My biggest mistake with high school was waiting too long to begin things thus the depth of my application for college was nonexistent. I am an entering freshman for college but I do believe that there may be things that I can begin to do now so that I can begin to shape my medical school...

#medschool #schooling #science

Armani L.’s Avatar
Armani L. Aug 13, 2018 189 views

How do you know medical school is “for you?”

Being young it is easy to say you want to be a doctor, but with little to no exposure it’s hard to know if you’re cut for it. How does one know that they should attend medical school if they are unsure before they get into college? #medschool #doctor...

#medicine

Daniella R.’s Avatar
Daniella R. Aug 05, 2018 233 views

At what point during my medical career path should I apply for career-related internships to supplement my college education?

To be a successful student, it is imperative to have practice within a designated career to become an experienced physician and know I will need years of clinical experience. I am wondering, when is it possible/advisable to begin internship work within the approximate 9-10 years of pre-med and...

#internships #career-path #medschool #premedstudent #medicine #science

Makenzie O.’s Avatar
Makenzie O. Aug 03, 2018 187 views

Medical School Advice

I have an okay GPA (3.51) and an okay MCAT score (497). My extracurricular activities, awards, volunteer work, and other activities are extremely good. How good are my chances of making into a medical school? Any advice to make me a stronger applicant? #medschool #pre-med...

#college-applications

Allison V.’s Avatar
Allison V. Apr 20, 2018 248 views

What activities should I do in college to boost my medical school application?

I'm going to be a freshman in college next year and I want to get a good start to make my medical school application in a few years qualified but also interesting #medschool #medical-school #med-school #doctor #hospital-and-healthcare #healthcare #college...

#extracirriculars

Grace V.’s Avatar
Grace V. Apr 30, 2018 361 views

What is the best route for me to take to achieve my goals and reach my full potential?

I really want to go into medicine but worry about the cost of school and I do NOT want to graduate with hundreds of thousands of dollars in student loans. I also don't know how to choose my under grad school and worry that if I don't pick the right school it will be harder to get into med or...

#college #loans #financial-aid #choosing-a-college #doctor #vet #medicine #healthcare #veterinary #howtodecide #medschool #vetschool #debt

Jade M.’s Avatar
Jade M. May 16, 2018 241 views

What kind of medical-related jobs are med schools looking for?

I hope to go to medical school after I graduate. I know there is a lot that medical schools want to see on your application even before you apply. I have heard from some other med students that you need to have some form of job experience or volunteer experience in a hospital with patients. I...

#jobexperience #medschool #admissions #college-admissions #doctor #medicine #med-school