Career Questions tagged Medschool

What are good extracurricular activities to have for a medical school application?

My biggest mistake with high school was waiting too long to begin things thus the depth of my application for college was nonexistent. I am an entering freshman for college but I do believe that there may be things that I can begin to do now so that I can begin to shape my medical school...

#science #schooling #medschool

1

David George’s Avatar
Active Nov 27 at 10:57 PM

Posted by Krikor S.’s Avatar Krikor S.
David George’s Avatar
David George | Psychic Detective at David George Psychic/Medium Paramedic! I have never seen a paramedic not get accepted into ...

During medical rotations in med-school, is laboratory pathology one of the rotation places?

0

Active Aug 28 at 11:06 PM

Posted by mariami G.’s Avatar mariami G.

How do you know medical school is “for you?”

Being young it is easy to say you want to be a doctor, but with little to no exposure it’s hard to know if you’re cut for it. How does one know that they should attend medical school if they are unsure before they get into college? #medschool #doctor...

#medicine

1

Blake R. Nelson, BSRT, (R)(T),ARRT’s Avatar
Active Aug 23 at 01:29 AM

Posted by Armani L.’s Avatar Armani L.
Blake R. Nelson, BSRT, (R)(T),ARRT | Sr. Radiation Therapist at The US Oncology Network Do you feel you want to work for years under debt ...

At what point during my medical career path should I apply for career-related internships to supplement my college education?

To be a successful student, it is imperative to have practice within a designated career to become an experienced physician and know I will need years of clinical experience. I am wondering, when is it possible/advisable to begin internship work within the approximate 9-10 years of pre-med and...

#premedstudent #science #medicine #career-path #internships #medschool

1

Ken Simmons’s Avatar
Active Oct 06 at 07:05 AM

Posted by Daniella R.’s Avatar Daniella R.
Ken Simmons’s Avatar
Ken Simmons | Assist with Recognizing and Developing Potential As early as possible in middle school or high school, you ...

Medical School Advice

I have an okay GPA (3.51) and an okay MCAT score (497). My extracurricular activities, awards, volunteer work, and other activities are extremely good. How good are my chances of making into a medical school? Any advice to make me a stronger applicant? #medschool #pre-med...

#college-applications

1

Ken Simmons’s Avatar
Active Aug 04 at 07:55 AM

Posted by Makenzie O.’s Avatar Makenzie O.
Ken Simmons’s Avatar
Ken Simmons | Assist with Recognizing and Developing Potential Congratulations on being interested in becoming an doctor. It takes a ...

Will I know when my major/career is the perfect fit for me?

Ever since I was little, I wanted to go into the medical field. I have enjoyed job shadows, but what if medicine isn't the right fit for me even though I have wanted it all my life? #doctor #medical-field #medicine #medschool...

#healthcare

1

Michelle Marotta’s Avatar
Active Aug 11 at 01:49 AM

Posted by Kaitlyn K.’s Avatar Kaitlyn K.
Michelle Marotta’s Avatar
Michelle Marotta | Certified Life Coach Hi, Kaitlyn K. - You will be most comfortable taking it ...

What are the regrettable aspects of becoming a neurosurgeon, and things i should consider before i start my track?

Currently going to my senior year of high school, about to start applying for colleges #neurosurgeon #surgeon #medschool #hospital...

1

Rachel Johnson’s Avatar
Active Jun 20 at 09:52 PM

Posted by Maurice O.’s Avatar Maurice O.
Rachel Johnson’s Avatar
Rachel Johnson My son is going to school And thinking about being a ...

What is something I should expect from medical school admissions counselors when it comes to taking opportunities in my four years as an undergraduate?

What is something that medical school admissions representatives look at more, besides how well you did in your courses? #medschool #premedicine #college #medicine #admissions #counselors #admission-counselors...

#career-counselors

1

Natalie Fein, MSeD, NCC, DCC’s Avatar
Active Jun 14 at 07:42 PM

Posted by Amyah H.’s Avatar Amyah H.
Natalie Fein, MSeD, NCC, DCC’s Avatar
Natalie Fein, MSeD, NCC, DCC | Nationally Certified Counselor Medical Schools are looking at GPA, completion of pre-requisite courses (Biology, ...
Ken Simmons’s Avatar
Ken Simmons | Assist with Recognizing and Developing Potential Congratulations on being interested in finding the right career to follow.. ...

What kind of medical-related jobs are med schools looking for?

I hope to go to medical school after I graduate. I know there is a lot that medical schools want to see on your application even before you apply. I have heard from some other med students that you need to have some form of job experience or volunteer experience in a hospital with patients. I...

#doctor #college-admissions #admissions #med-school #medicine #jobexperience #medschool

1

Aly M.’s Avatar
Active Aug 09 at 02:35 AM

Posted by Jade M.’s Avatar Jade M.
Aly M.’s Avatar
Aly M. | MD While experience in the medical field is important, medical schools want ...

What is the best route for me to take to achieve my goals and reach my full potential?

I really want to go into medicine but worry about the cost of school and I do NOT want to graduate with hundreds of thousands of dollars in student loans. I also don't know how to choose my under grad school and worry that if I don't pick the right school it will be harder to get into med or...

#vet #doctor #choosing-a-college #veterinary #vetschool #financial-aid #healthcare #medicine #college #howtodecide #debt #loans #medschool

2

Todd Phillips’s Avatar Suman Kalanithi’s Avatar
Active Aug 01 at 10:35 PM

Posted by Grace V.’s Avatar Grace V.
Todd Phillips’s Avatar
Todd Phillips | Associate Veterinarian at Northern Oaks Bird & Animal ... You are very wise to be concerned with cost and loans, ...

I want to graduate from a 4 year university in 3 years, Is this possible?

I want to save money by attending community college in the summer and be able to enter medical school. #medschool #medicalschool #futuredoctor...

#family-medicine

1

Austin L.’s Avatar
Active Apr 26 at 11:54 PM

Posted by Kierra H.’s Avatar Kierra H.
Austin L.’s Avatar
Austin L. | PwC Experienced Associate, Advisory Kierra, short answer is YES, it is entirely possible to graduate ...

Is it harder for D.O.'s to get the same respect as M.D.'s?

I've recently become interested in #osteopathic #medicine. The philosophy of treating patients as a whole instead of just symptoms appeals to me. However, I've heard that it may be hard for D.O.'s to find residencies that are not biased. I hadn't even heard of D.O.'s until a year ago,...

#physician #holistic #doctor #medical-practice #medical-school #premedical #premedicine #premed #medschool

3

Martha Cecile Storrie MD’s Avatar deb Zakovich’s Avatar Robert Ellis DO, PhD, FACP’s Avatar
Active Sep 05 at 10:15 PM

Posted by Maria H.’s Avatar Maria H.
Martha Cecile Storrie MD’s Avatar
Martha Cecile Storrie MD | adult urology & primary care physician Maria, as an allopathic medical school graduate in 1985, I have ...

What activities should I do in college to boost my medical school application?

I'm going to be a freshman in college next year and I want to get a good start to make my medical school application in a few years qualified but also interesting #medschool #medical-school #med-school #doctor #hospital-and-healthcare #healthcare #college...

#extracirriculars

1

Suman Kalanithi’s Avatar
Active Aug 01 at 05:42 AM

Posted by Allison V.’s Avatar Allison V.
Suman Kalanithi’s Avatar
Suman Kalanithi | Neurologist Hi Allison! Good question. Some things you might want to think ...

Any tips for aiming for the University of Toledo Medstart program?

University of Toledo is perfect for me right now, and even though I have a long time until I get into college, I really want to make sure that I'm doing everything possible to get into their programs. Any tips on what I should be doing? #univeristyoftoledo #medstart...

#medschool

0

Active Apr 04 at 03:31 PM

Posted by Hanan M.’s Avatar Hanan M.

Any tips for getting into a top school? For a medical school?

I know that it's super competitive for some schools and for almost all medical schools, so is there anything I should be doing to make sure that I have a good chance of getting in? #medschool #topschool...

#ivyleague

0

Active Apr 04 at 03:26 PM

Posted by Hanan M.’s Avatar Hanan M.

What will set my resume apart from everyone else for medical school?

I really want my resume to be the "OMG check this one out!" type resume. However, I don't really know what that entails, I know that you need things like good grades, high SAT scores, and etc. but is there anything else that people usually don't have that sets them apart? #medical #medschool...

#resume-building

1

Whitney Vincenti’s Avatar
Active Apr 04 at 04:28 PM

Posted by Hanan M.’s Avatar Hanan M.
Whitney Vincenti’s Avatar
Whitney Vincenti | Admissions Representative at South College Hell Hanan!One thing you could add to your resume is your ...

How did you prepare yourself, as a student and an individual, for the MCAT?

Being a high school junior, I have experienced scheduling studying for the ACT with regular high school life. However, how were you able to balance such an imposing and important test, the MCAT, with college life? How were you able to find time to do things for yourself and offset that with...

#physician #doctor #medical-school #graduate-school #college #mcat #medicine #family-medicine #medschool

1

Danielle Joanette-Kluck’s Avatar
Active Jun 14 at 07:33 PM

Posted by Olivia W.’s Avatar Olivia W.
Danielle Joanette-Kluck’s Avatar
Danielle Joanette-Kluck | Events Planner|Trainer|Advisor|Recruiter I haven't personally studied for the MCAT, but I worked for ...

What advice do you have for students looking into anesthesiology career? Do you believe the hard work in med school is worth it?

Although I'm only a freshman in high school, I plan to go into the medical field as a future career, specifically anesthesiology. I've heard that pre-med and medical school have rigorous and difficult courses and exams. Do the benefits that come with anesthesiology outweigh the stressful years...

#medicine #high-stress #anesthesiology #college-stress #medschool

1

Michelle Tsao’s Avatar
Active Sep 17 at 08:44 PM

Posted by Bella R.’s Avatar Bella R.
Michelle Tsao’s Avatar
Michelle Tsao | Anesthesiologist at Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's ... I didn't find school to be that stressful honestly. I was ...

How difficult is it to get into medical school

i want to be a pediatrician #futuredoctor...

#medschool

0

Active Mar 15 at 08:33 PM

Posted by brooklyn S.’s Avatar brooklyn S.

What are the best ways to help me get into Medical School?

I am about to go to college and I want to start preparing myself for medical School...

#medschool

0

Active Mar 13 at 09:21 PM

Posted by Breanna W.’s Avatar Breanna W.

what can you do to make sure you are prepared for medical school and how to avoid burnout.

0

Active Mar 08 at 12:31 AM

Posted by Victoria N.’s Avatar Victoria N.

AP Bio junior or senior year?

I'm a sophomore going into junior year and I'm planning to take AP Bio since I might go into the medical field. One of my teachers said that if I take AP Bio junior year I'll start to forget it by the time I take pre-med classes in college. Also whichever year I don't take AP Bio I'll take AP...

#courses #highschool #college-advice #medschool

2

Emily Johncox’s Avatar Nancy Hamp, MA’s Avatar
Active Jun 15 at 07:50 PM

Posted by George L.’s Avatar George L.
Emily Johncox’s Avatar
Emily Johncox | Advisory Intern I agree that it would be good to have AP Language ...

Majoring in the medical field can be pretty hard,if I didn’t take a lot of science classes in highschool what’s the best thing I can do to get enrolled at good med school.

I always dreamed of becoming a family and nutrition doctor but I wasn’t into science in highschool....

#medschool

1

WrittenBlade ’s Avatar
Active Jan 24 at 08:53 PM

Posted by Amai M.’s Avatar Amai M.
WrittenBlade ’s Avatar
WrittenBlade Check out the pre-med classes in colleges you want to attend. ...

How do you get schools to pay for you to continue your education?

Like being paid for by a school to attend med school? #college #money #medicine...

#medschool

0

Active Feb 05 at 11:18 PM

Posted by Heather B.’s Avatar Heather B.

What are the best pre-med degrees?

I've been doing research on this topic, but the data is kind of inconsistent. Biology comes up a lot, but are there other viable options? #medicine...

#medschool

1

William Cox, M.D.’s Avatar
Active Mar 07 at 02:50 PM

Posted by John M.’s Avatar John M.
William Cox, M.D.’s Avatar
William Cox, M.D. | Medical Practice Professional I would suggest you look at a Bachelor of Science degree ...

What AP credits do med schools accept?

0

Active Feb 03 at 02:48 PM

Posted by Anchal D.’s Avatar Anchal D.

How/When do I apply for medical school or dental school?

I immigrated to the US 8 years ago and I will be the first in my family to be applying to an American college. Unfortunately, I have no experience/ know anyone who has experience with applying to a medical or dental school. I am unaware of how the process works and when I should apply to...

#medicine #higher-education #college #business #medschool

2

Vickey Manning’s Avatar Kortnee Burrell, M.Ed.’s Avatar
Active Oct 21 at 08:07 PM

Posted by Nikol P.’s Avatar Nikol P.
Vickey Manning’s Avatar
Vickey Manning | MD You need to declare your major as pre-med and speak with ...

Do you have to be in a pre-medical if you want to go to medical school?

I have an interest in going to medical school but I'm not sure if I need to apply for a pre medical program. I don't know if I sould be applying for pre-medical now because I am a senior to college. #premed #premedical #medical #medicalschool...

#medschool

1

Gwen Hardin, MS, PPS, APCC’s Avatar
Active Nov 04 at 02:35 AM

Posted by Jacqueline M.’s Avatar Jacqueline M.
Gwen Hardin, MS, PPS, APCC’s Avatar
Gwen Hardin, MS, PPS, APCC | School Counselor and Mental Health Clinician Hi Jacqueline,If you want to go to medical school you do ...

What is the best way I can study for the MCAT on my own?

I want to go to medical school, and that is expensive in its own right. MCAT prep courses are really expensive, and I sadly don't have the money for it. I am trying as hard as I can not to drown in debt before I even graduate med school....

#medschool

0

Active Feb 25 at 04:43 PM

Posted by Tristan F.’s Avatar Tristan F.

Over 58,000 students, educators, and professionals are discussing their career paths on CareerVillage.

Join us

icon-country-tagsCurrently showing results for: Global (all countries) (change)