Career Questions tagged Medschool

Tess W.’s Avatar
Tess W. Apr 18 90 views

How can I complete medical school while working?

I want to be a doctor, but worry about the financial burden of undergraduate and medical school. I am an independent student financially supporting myself. I am looking for tips on how to find a job with flexible hours and navigating school requirements. #doctor #medicine #premed...

#medschool #hospital-and-healthcare #healthcare

Hanan M.’s Avatar
Hanan M. Apr 04, 2018 402 views

Any tips for aiming for the University of Toledo Medstart program?

University of Toledo is perfect for me right now, and even though I have a long time until I get into college, I really want to make sure that I'm doing everything possible to get into their programs. Any tips on what I should be doing? #univeristyoftoledo #medstart #medschool #doctor #premed...

#medicine #hospital-and-healthcare #healthcare #medical-school

Hanan M.’s Avatar
Hanan M. Apr 03, 2018 197 views

Any tips for getting into a top school? For a medical school?

I know that it's super competitive for some schools and for almost all medical schools, so is there anything I should be doing to make sure that I have a good chance of getting in? #medschool #topschool #ivyleague #medicine #healthcare #hospital-and-healthcare #doctor #premed...

Hanan M.’s Avatar
Hanan M. Apr 03, 2018 150 views

How can I increase my chances for the Direct Med program?

I know that the Direct Med program is extremely competitive, but what can I do to make sure that I have a competitive resume that will higher my chances of getting in too? Do I need to make sure that I have good grades, good extracurriculars, or what? #medicine #directmedicine #healthcare...

#medschool #hospital-and-health-care #premed

brooklyn S.’s Avatar
brooklyn S. Mar 15, 2018 225 views
Breanna W.’s Avatar
Breanna W. Mar 12, 2018 220 views

What are the best ways to help me get into Medical School?

I am about to go to college and I want to start preparing myself for medical School #medschool #medical-school #medicine #healthcare #hospital-and-healthcare #applications...

#admissions

Avyanna S.’s Avatar
Avyanna S. Apr 19 217 views

Can I major in accountancy and go to med school?

I chose accountancy because it's indemand but i know time will come, sooner or later my heart will find it's way to medicine because I really want to be a surgeon. Help me what to do if I graduate in bs accountancy and decided to go to med school after . Thank you for ur answer #premed #doctor...

#medschool #accountancy #healthcare #help #medicine

Tess W.’s Avatar
Tess W. Apr 18 86 views

#medschool

Tess W.’s Avatar
Tess W. Apr 18 108 views

#medschool

Krikor S.’s Avatar
Krikor S. Aug 30, 2018 157 views

What are good extracurricular activities to have for a medical school application?

My biggest mistake with high school was waiting too long to begin things thus the depth of my application for college was nonexistent. I am an entering freshman for college but I do believe that there may be things that I can begin to do now so that I can begin to shape my medical school...

#schooling #medschool #science

Armani L.’s Avatar
Armani L. Aug 13, 2018 160 views

How do you know medical school is “for you?”

Being young it is easy to say you want to be a doctor, but with little to no exposure it’s hard to know if you’re cut for it. How does one know that they should attend medical school if they are unsure before they get into college? #medschool #doctor...

#medicine

Daniella R.’s Avatar
Daniella R. Aug 05, 2018 184 views

At what point during my medical career path should I apply for career-related internships to supplement my college education?

To be a successful student, it is imperative to have practice within a designated career to become an experienced physician and know I will need years of clinical experience. I am wondering, when is it possible/advisable to begin internship work within the approximate 9-10 years of pre-med and...

#internships #premedstudent #medschool #medicine #career-path #science

Makenzie O.’s Avatar
Makenzie O. Aug 03, 2018 136 views

Medical School Advice

I have an okay GPA (3.51) and an okay MCAT score (497). My extracurricular activities, awards, volunteer work, and other activities are extremely good. How good are my chances of making into a medical school? Any advice to make me a stronger applicant? #medschool #pre-med...

#college-applications

Allison V.’s Avatar
Allison V. Apr 20, 2018 198 views

What activities should I do in college to boost my medical school application?

I'm going to be a freshman in college next year and I want to get a good start to make my medical school application in a few years qualified but also interesting #medschool #medical-school #med-school #doctor #hospital-and-healthcare #healthcare #college...

#extracirriculars

Grace V.’s Avatar
Grace V. Apr 30, 2018 270 views

What is the best route for me to take to achieve my goals and reach my full potential?

I really want to go into medicine but worry about the cost of school and I do NOT want to graduate with hundreds of thousands of dollars in student loans. I also don't know how to choose my under grad school and worry that if I don't pick the right school it will be harder to get into med or...

#choosing-a-college #doctor #debt #medschool #veterinary #loans #howtodecide #vetschool #vet #healthcare #medicine #financial-aid #college

Jade M.’s Avatar
Jade M. May 16, 2018 203 views

What kind of medical-related jobs are med schools looking for?

I hope to go to medical school after I graduate. I know there is a lot that medical schools want to see on your application even before you apply. I have heard from some other med students that you need to have some form of job experience or volunteer experience in a hospital with patients. I...

#doctor #medicine #medschool #jobexperience #college-admissions #med-school #admissions

Kaitlyn K.’s Avatar
Kaitlyn K. Jul 11, 2018 185 views

Will I know when my major/career is the perfect fit for me?

Ever since I was little, I wanted to go into the medical field. I have enjoyed job shadows, but what if medicine isn't the right fit for me even though I have wanted it all my life? #doctor #medical-field #medicine #medschool...

#healthcare

Maurice O.’s Avatar
Maurice O. May 31, 2018 200 views
Olivia W.’s Avatar
Olivia W. Mar 23, 2018 264 views

How did you prepare yourself, as a student and an individual, for the MCAT?

Being a high school junior, I have experienced scheduling studying for the ACT with regular high school life. However, how were you able to balance such an imposing and important test, the MCAT, with college life? How were you able to find time to do things for yourself and offset that with...

#doctor #medschool #mcat #medicine #physician #graduate-school #family-medicine #medical-school #college

Amyah H.’s Avatar
Amyah H. May 25, 2018 180 views
Kierra H.’s Avatar
Kierra H. Apr 25, 2018 191 views

I want to graduate from a 4 year university in 3 years, Is this possible?

I want to save money by attending community college in the summer and be able to enter medical school. #medschool #medicalschool #futuredoctor...

#family-medicine

Maria H.’s Avatar
Maria H. Apr 21, 2018 339 views

Is it harder for D.O.'s to get the same respect as M.D.'s?

I've recently become interested in #osteopathic #medicine. The philosophy of treating patients as a whole instead of just symptoms appeals to me. However, I've heard that it may be hard for D.O.'s to find residencies that are not biased. I hadn't even heard of D.O.'s until a year ago,...

#doctor #medschool #premed #premedicine #medical-practice #holistic #medical-school #premedical #physician

lauribeth D.’s Avatar
lauribeth D. Jan 14, 2018 238 views