Career Questions tagged Medschool

Brooke R.’s Avatar
Brooke R. Aug 10 26 views

What extra-curricular activities look good on medical school application?

hello! I am currently going into my sophomore year of college and I want to know what are good extracurricular activities to get into that look good on medical school applications..... I know medical school is very competitive so what would help make my application stand out #medschool #pre-med...

#medschoolapplication #futuredoctor #doctor

Aleksandra B.’s Avatar
Aleksandra B. Jul 29 39 views

Applying to Med School as a Low Income Student?

I know that the general advice for premed students is to keep undergraduate debt low, since the cost of applying can be thousands to begin with. I don't have concerns about having undergrad debt because of my school's generous financial aid (I get school grants, Pell Grants, work study, etc.)....

#medstudent #medschool #medical-school #physician #premed #doctor

Aleksandra B.’s Avatar
Aleksandra B. Jul 29 38 views

What kinds of electives would you recommend for a premed student?

I already have a major and minor, but there is still space in my schedule for about 3-4 elective courses. I'd particularly like suggestions about humanities courses, since the majority of my schedule is hard science. Thank you! #electives #premed #medschool #physician...

#minor

Nicholas F.’s Avatar
Nicholas F. May 08 119 views

Should I get a premed degree to do psychiatry?

I am one year away from completing my bachelor's degree in psychology. I originally wanted to do child psychology for a place like Kaiser. However, lately I've been thinking about doing child psychiatry instead. I've been doing some research and see that instead of applying for a master's...

#medschool #college #psychology #medicine #premed #doctor #psychiatry

Henry L.’s Avatar
Henry L. Apr 22 124 views

Will I have any time for video games in college/medical school?

I kind of like to play video games, but I'm worried I'll have too much work to do #medschool #medical...

Henry L.’s Avatar
Henry L. Apr 22 62 views

Do I need to remember the things I learn in chemistry?

I'm in chemistry right now, and sometimes I don't really enjoy it. Is it important to remember this stuff for medical school, or does only the grade matter? #college #doctor #research...

#medschool

Tess W.’s Avatar
Tess W. Apr 18, 2019 169 views

How can I complete medical school while working?

I want to be a doctor, but worry about the financial burden of undergraduate and medical school. I am an independent student financially supporting myself. I am looking for tips on how to find a job with flexible hours and navigating school requirements. #doctor #medicine #premed...

#healthcare #medschool #hospital-and-healthcare

Hanan M.’s Avatar
Hanan M. Apr 04, 2018 600 views

Any tips for aiming for the University of Toledo Medstart program?

University of Toledo is perfect for me right now, and even though I have a long time until I get into college, I really want to make sure that I'm doing everything possible to get into their programs. Any tips on what I should be doing? #univeristyoftoledo #medstart #medschool #doctor #premed...

#healthcare #medical-school #hospital-and-healthcare #medicine

Hanan M.’s Avatar
Hanan M. Apr 03, 2018 271 views

Any tips for getting into a top school? For a medical school?

I know that it's super competitive for some schools and for almost all medical schools, so is there anything I should be doing to make sure that I have a good chance of getting in? #medschool #topschool #ivyleague #medicine #healthcare #hospital-and-healthcare #doctor #premed...

Hanan M.’s Avatar
Hanan M. Apr 03, 2018 213 views

How can I increase my chances for the Direct Med program?

I know that the Direct Med program is extremely competitive, but what can I do to make sure that I have a competitive resume that will higher my chances of getting in too? Do I need to make sure that I have good grades, good extracurriculars, or what? #medicine #directmedicine #healthcare...

#premed #medschool #hospital-and-health-care

brooklyn S.’s Avatar
brooklyn S. Mar 15, 2018 299 views
Breanna W.’s Avatar
Breanna W. Mar 12, 2018 300 views

What are the best ways to help me get into Medical School?

I am about to go to college and I want to start preparing myself for medical School #medschool #medical-school #medicine #healthcare #hospital-and-healthcare #applications...

#admissions

Avyanna S.’s Avatar
Avyanna S. Apr 19, 2019 848 views

Can I major in accountancy and go to med school?

I chose accountancy because it's indemand but i know time will come, sooner or later my heart will find it's way to medicine because I really want to be a surgeon. Help me what to do if I graduate in bs accountancy and decided to go to med school after . Thank you for ur answer #premed #doctor...

#accountancy #medschool #medicine #help #healthcare

Tess W.’s Avatar
Tess W. Apr 18, 2019 171 views

#medschool

Tess W.’s Avatar
Tess W. Apr 18, 2019 203 views

#medschool

Krikor S.’s Avatar
Krikor S. Aug 30, 2018 214 views

What are good extracurricular activities to have for a medical school application?

My biggest mistake with high school was waiting too long to begin things thus the depth of my application for college was nonexistent. I am an entering freshman for college but I do believe that there may be things that I can begin to do now so that I can begin to shape my medical school...

#science #medschool #schooling

Armani L.’s Avatar
Armani L. Aug 13, 2018 204 views

How do you know medical school is “for you?”

Being young it is easy to say you want to be a doctor, but with little to no exposure it’s hard to know if you’re cut for it. How does one know that they should attend medical school if they are unsure before they get into college? #medschool #doctor...

#medicine

Daniella R.’s Avatar
Daniella R. Aug 05, 2018 247 views

At what point during my medical career path should I apply for career-related internships to supplement my college education?

To be a successful student, it is imperative to have practice within a designated career to become an experienced physician and know I will need years of clinical experience. I am wondering, when is it possible/advisable to begin internship work within the approximate 9-10 years of pre-med and...

#science #career-path #internships #medschool #premedstudent #medicine

Makenzie O.’s Avatar
Makenzie O. Aug 03, 2018 201 views

Medical School Advice

I have an okay GPA (3.51) and an okay MCAT score (497). My extracurricular activities, awards, volunteer work, and other activities are extremely good. How good are my chances of making into a medical school? Any advice to make me a stronger applicant? #medschool #pre-med...

#college-applications