Career Questions tagged Medschool

emma B.’s Avatar
emma B. May 05 110 views

What can I do with a pre-med degree if I dont go to med school?

I am interested in going pre-med, however I know getting into medical school after can be very challenging. My worry is going through the pre-med program, and not being able to get into med school, if that were to happen, what careers could i take on?

Ellie L.’s Avatar
Ellie L. Apr 21, 2021 388 views

Careers in biology other than being a physician?

Hi! I'm a junior in high school and I'm extremely passionate about biology and science in general. I've done a few research projects in various medical labs and think that health and medicine is a field I would like to pursue, but the idea of being a surgeon or physician of any kind does not...

Dahlia R.’s Avatar
Dahlia R. Mar 29, 2021 386 views
Angelica F.’s Avatar
Angelica F. Mar 10, 2021 434 views

Medical School req

I'm currently 3rd-year human biology and minor in psychology My goal is to go to medical school but my GPA isn't the best. I'm planning to take the MCAT next summer however, I'm told by my school advisor that I got no choice but to change my career plan because medicine isn't for me. I was...

Johara A.’s Avatar
Johara A. Dec 09, 2020 374 views

Calling all physiatrist, ER doctors and primary care physicians!

I'm debating on going into medicine and narrowed it down into three choices. Do you mind telling me what you do in your career? How are the people you work with? What was your pre-med degree and what was it like in med school? #doctor #medicine #medschool #medical-school #physician

Brooke R.’s Avatar
Brooke R. Aug 10, 2020 238 views

What extra-curricular activities look good on medical school application?

hello! I am currently going into my sophomore year of college and I want to know what are good extracurricular activities to get into that look good on medical school applications..... I know medical school is very competitive so what would help make my application stand out #medschool #pre-med...

Aleksandra B.’s Avatar
Aleksandra B. Jul 29, 2020 326 views

Applying to Med School as a Low Income Student?

I know that the general advice for premed students is to keep undergraduate debt low, since the cost of applying can be thousands to begin with. I don't have concerns about having undergrad debt because of my school's generous financial aid (I get school grants, Pell Grants, work study, etc.)....

Aleksandra B.’s Avatar
Aleksandra B. Jul 29, 2020 279 views

What kinds of electives would you recommend for a premed student?

I already have a major and minor, but there is still space in my schedule for about 3-4 elective courses. I'd particularly like suggestions about humanities courses, since the majority of my schedule is hard science. Thank you! #electives #premed #medschool #physician #minor

Nicholas F.’s Avatar
Nicholas F. May 08, 2020 385 views

Should I get a premed degree to do psychiatry?

I am one year away from completing my bachelor's degree in psychology. I originally wanted to do child psychology for a place like Kaiser. However, lately I've been thinking about doing child psychiatry instead. I've been doing some research and see that instead of applying for a master's...

Henry L.’s Avatar
Henry L. Apr 22, 2020 332 views

Will I have any time for video games in college/medical school?

I kind of like to play video games, but I'm worried I'll have too much work to do
#medschool #medical #college

Henry L.’s Avatar
Henry L. Apr 22, 2020 326 views

Do I need to remember the things I learn in chemistry?

I'm in chemistry right now, and sometimes I don't really enjoy it. Is it important to remember this stuff for medical school, or does only the grade matter?
#college #doctor #research #medschool

Avyanna S.’s Avatar
Avyanna S. Apr 19, 2019 3939 views

Can I major in accountancy and go to med school?

I chose accountancy because it's indemand but i know time will come, sooner or later my heart will find it's way to medicine because I really want to be a surgeon. Help me what to do if I graduate in bs accountancy and decided to go to med school after . Thank you for ur answer #premed #doctor...

Tess W.’s Avatar
Tess W. Apr 18, 2019 419 views

How can I complete medical school while working?

I want to be a doctor, but worry about the financial burden of undergraduate and medical school. I am an independent student financially supporting myself. I am looking for tips on how to find a job with flexible hours and navigating school requirements. #doctor #medicine #premed...

Tess W.’s Avatar
Tess W. Apr 18, 2019 373 views

Tess W.’s Avatar
Tess W. Apr 18, 2019 467 views