Career Questions tagged Balance

Antonia B.’s Avatar
Antonia B. Mar 24

How would you recommend balancing the social and academic aspects of college?

I understand that the academic side is the most important, but the social side is as well because through college you meet lot's of new people of all cultures and backgrounds, and you learn to be independent together. However, I am uncertain about exactly how to go about juggling both studying...

#college-advice #college #balance

Jahnya J.’s Avatar
Jahnya J. Feb 06

Is it hard balancing your social life and work like if you're a psychologist?

Were you really - extremely busy when you got the job? Did you lose friends or significant others because of your profession? #psychology #balance #social-life #work-life-balance...

#psychologist

Samantha T.’s Avatar
Samantha T. Aug 21, 2018

Studying in College

How does one effectively study in college but still maintain a string social life?...

#balance

Hope Z.’s Avatar
Hope Z. Aug 16, 2018

How do I manage my part time job with full time class schedule?

I work at a hospital so it can be any shift, but is there a schedule that seems to work best? #work #school...

#balance

Anthony T.’s Avatar
Anthony T. May 28, 2018

What tips do you have for balancing college coursework and social life and sleep at the same time?

I am going to be heavily involved in multiple programs at my college. I want to be able to experience College while excelling academically and not have to sacrifice sleep. #balance...

#social

Emily B.’s Avatar
Emily B. May 27, 2018

How does working long hours affect your relationships, hobbies, and interests?

I'd like to direct this question mainly to those in the medical field because that is what I'm looking to go into, but any insights are greatly appreciated! Even as a high school student I've had to put some of hobbies and interests on the back burner because of all of the school work and...

#timemanagement #time #medicine #working #hobbies #relationships #balance

Tatjana A.’s Avatar
Tatjana A. May 12, 2018

How do I work while in college?

Should I plan a college schedule and course list with the thought of a job in mind, or should I just create my schedule based on class availability and find a job that fits that realm after? #work #college #balance...

#work-life-balance

Shayna S.’s Avatar
Shayna S. May 05, 2018

As a full-time pharmacist, will it be possible to balance work, a family, and an healthy lifestyle?

In the future, I want to have a career that I love. However, I also want to have a #family, eat #healthy, stay #active, and get enough sleep. Does working as a #pharmacist deter the possibility of balancing work, family, and personal health? #pharmacy #work-life-balance...

#balance

Brin R.’s Avatar
Brin R. Jan 13, 2018

How hard is balancing social and school life in college?

I'm pretty worried that in entering college I will get lost in the school aspect of things as I try to maintain good grades and I won't make a bunch of friends. #college #balance...

#time-management

Krista B.’s Avatar
Krista B. Jan 19, 2018

How do I balance in college?

I want to do so much in college. I need to work, but i also want to really get involved and even join a sorority. Any tips on how to balance all my wants, needs, and classes? #college #sorority #balance...

#jobs

Kristin V.’s Avatar
Kristin V. Oct 25, 2016

What is the balance like as a scholar-athlete in college?

I am a high school senior and currently the captain of the girls varsity tennis team and want to know how difficult it is to balance athletics and social life with the career choice of engineering. I understand engineering is a heavier work load, and playing a varsity sport at a college or...

#athlete #student #balance

Brenetta B.’s Avatar
Brenetta B. May 18, 2016

If you're a crime scene investigator, crime never happens at a set time and each crime scene is horrific in its own way I'm sure so how do you handle the horrific natures of some crime scenes and blance work with family and other things outside of work?

I've heard that people in criminal justice (depending on what they do in the department) have a hard time having enough family time with the work they do and how sometimes the crime scenes leave images stuck in her head. I just want to know the best way to handle things and balance time if I...

#criminal #scene #crime #investigator #justice #life-balance #balance

Simran  K.’s Avatar
Simran K. Apr 29, 2014

How do you maintain a balance between doing what you love and making sure you are making a good amount of money?

I am a high school senior and even though I do not know what career I wish to pursue, I want to make sure that I am doing something I love, while still being able to comfortably support myself. I guess I would just love to hear different perspectives on your career and how you keep the balance...

#interests #money #career #passions #income #balance