Studying in College

How does one effectively study in college but still maintain a string social life? #balance

2

Roger’s Answer

Hi Samantha: I recommend taking college clssses on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday morning. And, then YOU take Thursday afternoon, Friday, and the weekend to enjoy the social and fun aspect of going to college.

College classes / study on Monday to Thursday. Thursday evening to Sunday is party time.

0

Landis’s Answer

Hi Samantha!

I am a first year student and I have had to find my school/life balance this year also. First semester, I didn't do a lot of social things, partly because of COVID, but also, partly because I didn't know many people. I was pretty stressed first semester, I am definitely someone who needs social interaction. This semester, I learned that I needed a balance. For example, I love The Bachelor, which is on Monday nights. Instead of hiding in my room, I would spend my Monday nights watching it with people on my dorm. Sure, this meant I had to do a little bit more Tuesday nights, but it was worth it because I got my social time in. Most college classes are Monday, Wednesday, Friday, or Tuesday, Thursday. This means that you will always have one day in between to do your work. I had 3 classes M,W,F and only 1 on T, Th. This was my ideal schedule. I was pretty busy M,W,F, but then I could relax more and do other things T,Th. I hope this can help some!

0

Jennifer’s Answer

Be mindful of your schedule. I would typically choose morning course offerings Monday - Thursday or classes that ended mid to early afternoon on Friday. I worked 40 hours/wk while attending University full time and still managed to have an active social life. Make sure you are planning time to study (independent or with groups). And select course start times that you know you will not have difficulty making - ex an early morning Monday class might be challenging. Make sure you have a healthy balance - remember the reason you are attending University is to obtain your degree. Enjoy the time and have fun, it is some of the best years of your life and goes by so fast!

0