Kaylee H.’s Avatar

Kaylee H.

3

How do you balance your family and faith life within the chaotic and busy event planning industry?

Asked Aurora, Illinois

I am not an event planner, but I feel this is a question that is important for any profession.

Always make sure to include some 'me time' into your schedule. 'Me time' can be anything that you find relaxing. For example, I carve 30 minutes out of my day to sit down with the book I am currently reading. I put away my phone and all things work. I empty my mind and go to another world through my book.

Your 'me time' does not have to be reading. It does not have to be everyday, nor does it need to be 30 minutes. It really is about the 'me' in 'me time'.

Here is a TED talk that came to mind from reading your question: https://www.ted.com/talks/shonda_rhimes_my_year_of_saying_yes_to_everything  

This professional recommends the following next steps:

Last updated Oct 17 '18 at 10:33 PM

Have clarity on what you really need to do and what you want to do. Do not put all at the same priorities . Look at what is important to you but put that in your calendar. You cannot get everything done and it does not mean that you are a bad person. I have ever come across situation. I put faith first, family second and work third. When things are done with integrity and clarity, everything flows. You just want to work on what is necessary, what is important and disregard anything which is not important.

Last updated Oct 28 '18 at 03:40 PM