Career Questions tagged Dental School

Anna R.’s Avatar
Anna R. Apr 24, 2018 396 views

What steps should I take to get accepted into Dental School? Any good recommendations?

I am currently going to Hygiene School. However, my dream is to become a Pediatric Dentist. Due to lack monetary struggles, my first step was hygiene school. I plan to apply for Dental School but I don't know what steps to take, I heard it is very difficult for acceptance. Is that correct?...

teeth dentistry dds dental-school dentist pediatric-dentistry

carissa V.’s Avatar
carissa V. Jul 02, 2018 559 views

What is it like in dental school?

What is a day in dental school like? what are some challenges or activities a student will encounter? dentist dental-school dental...

dental-hygienist

Anna R.’s Avatar
Anna R. Apr 24, 2018 330 views

What are the steps to become a Dentist?

I am currently going to Hygiene School. However, my dream is to become a Pediatric Dentist. Due to lack monetary struggles, my first step was hygiene school. I plan to apply for Dental School but I don't know what steps to take. dentistry dds pediatric-dentistry teeth...

dental-school

Carmen B.’s Avatar
Carmen B. Jan 16, 2018 331 views

Dental School acceptance and preparedness

Besides a Pre-dental major, what is the best major of study to go on to dental school that helps with acceptance and being prepared? dentistry dental pre-dental...

dental-school

Leonila D.’s Avatar
Leonila D. Apr 12, 2018 373 views

Can I apply to dental school and hygiene school at the same time?

I have been put on a wait list to dental schools. I am going to reapply again but I am keeping my options open just in case dental school will not accept me again. I am also going to apply at a hygiene school. ( Note I have all the requirements I needed for dental my scores were not that bad....

dental-school student-counseling hygiene-school gap-year school-counseling

Mireia R.’s Avatar
Mireia R. Feb 19, 2018 460 views

Do you recommend getting a degree in an international school?

I'm asking because I'm wondering if the U.S. would recognize the degree when I come back. For example, if I went to dental school in Spain would I be able to work as a dentist here? international international-affairs study-abroad overseas-study dental-school dentistry dentist...

college-bound orthodontist college university college-admissions college-selection career higher-education college-advice

Alexandra K.’s Avatar
Alexandra K. Jan 21, 2018 406 views

What kind of job does someone get while they're in dental school?

Do they get something related to dentistry? And if they do, how do they get hired without graduating from dental school first? dentistry...

dental-school

Jasmine H.’s Avatar
Jasmine H. Jan 15, 2018 418 views

What is better, majoring in Chemistry or Biology to attend Dental School ?

I am a sophomore in college. I was in a pre-dentistry program but unfortunately it was removed due to few people going for pre-dentistry. So now I have to choose between Chemistry or Biology. I need Help Please. dentistry dentist pre-dental dental-school chemistry biology...

college

Andrea M.’s Avatar
Andrea M. Jul 13, 2017 1909 views

What should I do to increase my chances of getting into a dental program?

I am a recent graduate with a biology major. Although proud of my success, I've graduated with a 2.60 GPA, but I've held a lab job, commuted from home, and participated on the school sports team for the past 4 years. I went to a competitive university and find it sad because compared to my...

dentistry dental-school dental-hygienist

Evelyn L.’s Avatar
Evelyn L. Feb 18, 2015 22067 views

How much time does it take to become a Dental Hygienist?

Hello, my name is Evelyn and I am a Junior in highschool. I am really looking into being a Dental Hygienist. My question is how many years would it take of college? Also would I have to apply separately to a dental school or program, if so how much years is that? dentistry dental-hygienist...

pre-dental dental-school

Rohan R.’s Avatar
Rohan R. Jul 04, 2015 1221 views

I want to pursue a career as an Dentist. Before that, I am planning to major in Biology in my undergrad studies. What are some great opportunities out there?

I want to pursue a career as an Dentist. Before that, I am planning to major in Biology in my undergrad studies. Meanwhile, i want to start doing volunteer work, apply for internships and jobs but I don't know where to start looking. Should i look for opportunities related to biology or dental...

dentistry dental-school orthodontics

Sarah K.’s Avatar
Sarah K. Feb 26, 2015 1219 views

What are some good colleges to apply to for dentistry?

I am a sophomore in high school and I am looking into attending college for dentistry. UMKC is my top choice due to the close location and outstanding dentistry program. UMKC is a really great school to study dentistry, but I also want other options and backup plans ready. I live in Kansas City...

dentistry college dental-school dental-hygienist dentist dental

Sarah K.’s Avatar
Sarah K. Feb 26, 2015 1773 views

How difficult is it to start a career in dentistry?

I am a sophomore in high school and I am interested in starting a career in dentistry after high school and college. I would like to know the possible road of going to college, finding a place to work, and starting a career could go. Was finishing school difficult? Long? Was finding a place to...

dentistry dental-school dental-hygienist dentist dental

Bryant A.’s Avatar
Bryant A. Feb 26, 2015 883 views

How Does One Look More Into Dentist/Dental Care?

Im A Junior In Highschool And Have Been Interested In Working In Dental Care After A While Of Having Not-So-Great Teeth. I Would Like To Know What Classes One Should Take And What Schools Are Good To Go To? dentistry dentist dental-hygienist...

dental-school

Sarah K.’s Avatar
Sarah K. Feb 18, 2015 40506 views

Could I become a dental hygienist before continuing school to become a classified dentist?

I am a sophomore in high school and I have an interest in the dentistry career. I would like to know if it is possible to become a dental hygienist after two years of college, start a career as a dental hygienist, and continue schooling to achieve a doctorate degree. How long will it...