Career Questions tagged Dental Practice

Anna R.’s Avatar
Anna R. Apr 24, 2018 217 views

Is it true that a Dental Hygienist can open their own practice?

I am attending a hygiene program and I've read many article stating that hygienists can open their own practice in Colorado. I was just wondering if that was entirely true? I #business-management #dental-practice #dental-hygienist #teeth #business #dental #dentist #dentistry...

Trisha L.’s Avatar
Trisha L. Apr 21, 2018 164 views

Relocating Future Dental Hygienist... NC to MA or RI

I am currently in Dental Hygiene school in North Carolina. I am about to start my second year of the program, and will graduate in 2019. When I graduate, I plan to move to either Massachusetts or Rhode Island (somewhere close to the state lines). North Carolina is one of the stricter states,...

#relocation #dental #dental-hygienist #rdh #dental-hygiene #dentistry #dental-practice

Mireia R.’s Avatar
Mireia R. Feb 19, 2018 228 views
Makaila W.’s Avatar
Makaila W. Oct 27, 2016 359 views

Do I have to take Pre-dental course requirements before I take dental hygiene course requirements ?

Hi I am a freshman in college and currently signing up for my spring classes online and I was a little curious and confused by pre-dental and dental hygiene. #dental-hygienist #dental-hygiene...

#dental-practice

kacey L.’s Avatar
kacey L. Oct 23, 2016 1253 views

To become a Dentist, would a major in biochemistry be the best fit?

I'm an incoming college freshman in 2017 and was wondering what major would work best for my field of study. #dentistry #dentist #dental-hygienist #dental #dental-hygiene #dental-practice...

#dental-assistant

jayaprasad yadav K.’s Avatar
jayaprasad yadav K. May 07, 2016 1086 views
Nancy H.’s Avatar
Nancy H. Oct 05, 2016 644 views

Curious about Dental Hygiene and Dentistry.

I am a senior in high school and I'm close to applying to schools. But I want to become a dentist in the long run. but as of now that isn't until i finish my pre reqs to get into a dental school. So what I'm hoping for is that, wouldn't it be better if i went in for a dental hygiene major/...

#dental #dental-hygienist #cosmetic-dentistry #medicine #dentist #dentistry #dental-practice #family-dentistry

Dana B.’s Avatar
Dana B. Aug 22, 2016 606 views

Dental Hygiene?

I really want to be a dental hygienist. But I want to go to a 4 year college as I feel like that is the best option for me. Most schools in my state do not have Dental Hygiene as a B.S, only an A.S. Is there an equivalent major I can pursue (like BioChem) and then go for a year or 2 long...

#dental #dental-hygienist #dental-hygiene #dentist #dentistry #dental-practice

Adenike A.’s Avatar
Adenike A. Jul 08, 2016 885 views

Hi, I want to be an Orthodontist but I want to first start with being a dental hygienist and move my way on up to be a orthodontist.

I have graduated from high school and will be attending a 2- year college but my plan is to be there for a year and might have to do some summer classes I believe and go to a four year college. I just want to know is this good route that I have planned for myself ? I'm also trying to find an...

#dental #dentistry #dental-hygienist #cosmetic-dentistry #dentist #orthodontist #dental-practice

Jennifer A.’s Avatar
Jennifer A. May 18, 2016 1374 views

Another question for dentists: would you say that it is an absolute MUST for one to be an extrovert in order to be a dentist?

Hello! My name is Jennifer, and I am a pre-dental student at Virginia Commonwealth University. I was wondering if any dentists out there would say that it is an absolute MUST for one to be an extrovert in order to be a dentist. A little bit about myself... For the majority of my life, I have...

#dental #family-dentistry #cosmetic-dentistry #dentist #dentistry #dental-practice