Career Questions tagged Mcat

pea M.’s Avatar
pea M. Jun 26 150 views

How do I prepare for MCAT as a business student?

I graduated from university with a business degree and now want to become a doctor. I'm not sure where to start as I've not taken 'science' courses in college only in high school, would 1 year be enough to prepare for MCAT realistically? healthcare premed medical medical-school medicine...

doctor mcat

Krystal M.’s Avatar
Krystal M. Jun 17 154 views

How should I study for the MCAT?

I'm starting college this fall, so I wanted to know a timeline on when/how I should study. college college-bound...

mcat

Shelana B.’s Avatar
Shelana B. Jul 28, 2020 256 views

Should I apply for med school this cycle?

I redid the MCAT during this COVID pandemic setting and I got the same score that I did before. Should I still apply during this cycle or is it better to apply at a later cycle and redo the MCAT? JULY20 med-school...

mcat

Aleksandra B.’s Avatar
Aleksandra B. Jul 29, 2020 248 views

When do I begin studying for the MCAT?

I just finished my first year as an undergraduate student. I'm majoring in biochemistry and minoring in psychology. I know these two fields are very helpful for the MCAT. (I am very interested in those fields as well, so it was not the only reason I chose them.) When did you begin studying for...

college biochemistry mcat physician july20 medical psychology study premed

On Ni L.’s Avatar
On Ni L. May 14, 2020 279 views

Where can I look for shadowing opportunities from a GP/ a specialist?

I am Annie, a year 3 student studying business administration and law at the University of Hong Kong, but it has always been my passion to enter a medical school and serve as a surgeon in the future. I am looking into applying for MD at Duke-NUS upon graduation of my current degree. And I would...

mcat pre-med healthcare medicine doctor medical

Rebecca C.’s Avatar
Rebecca C. Mar 13, 2018 348 views

What are some tips on acing my MCAT exams?

In a few years I will take the MCAT and I want to know what classes and studying methods worked best for you when you were mere college students? MCAT Medicine Doctor healthcare...

hospital-and-healthcare

Arial D.’s Avatar
Arial D. Aug 23, 2018 353 views

How early should you study for the MCAT?

School hasn't started for me yet so I'm currently an upcoming senior and I know I want to go to medical school, does it make sense to start studying this early? I've been studying some of the topics that the MCAT covers so should I even attempt to study from actual resources like practice...

surgeon mcat medicine doctor medicalschool

Bradley S.’s Avatar
Bradley S. Aug 19, 2018 290 views

MCAT Scores, what's the best study method?

I am currently a Junior in College, and I am preparing to take my MCAT examination, in hopes to getting into a Medical School in the near future. Aside from books and online test preps, which present themselves as good prep techniques, what have YOU done to prepare for the MCAT??? school...

college mcat

Julia H.’s Avatar
Julia H. May 04, 2018 417 views

What are the best free resources for MCAT prep?

I know about Khan academy and I would prefer multi-media study resources if possible. Any tips? help #studying trying-to-ace-it free-studying resources studying testing test-prep mcat -school med-school pre-med medicine...

doctor

Olivia W.’s Avatar
Olivia W. Mar 23, 2018 664 views

How did you prepare yourself, as a student and an individual, for the MCAT?

Being a high school junior, I have experienced scheduling studying for the ACT with regular high school life. However, how were you able to balance such an imposing and important test, the MCAT, with college life? How were you able to find time to do things for yourself and offset that with...

college graduate-school medical-school medicine mcat physician medschool family-medicine doctor

Ritu G.’s Avatar
Ritu G. May 29, 2018 419 views

What makes a good pre-med program?

Pre-med programs are often extremely diverse, and offer courses in a wide variety of studies. Which of these courses best prepare students for the MCAT and for medical schools? What type of courses best suit a student following a path in medicine? classes medicine collegeclasses career...

mcat

Jessie D.’s Avatar
Jessie D. Jan 10, 2018 417 views

How is process of going through medical school and taking the MCAT?

I am currently a junior in high school and I am curious about the process of becoming a professional like an orthodontist, dentist, pediatrician, or a family and general practitioner. Since I am aware that earning a (grad/undergrad) degree is not something to underestimate, I want to know what...

orthodontist mcat medical-school medicine doctorate-degree graduate-school pediatrics healthcare general-practitioner dentistry hospital-and-health-care

Nada D.’s Avatar
Nada D. Dec 07, 2016 639 views

What is a good base degree to obtain before entering medical school?

I am still undecided as to what I should get my base degree in that would most benefit me for medical school. It would also be a big plus if it helped on the MCAT. medical-school medical-education degrees...

mcat