Career Questions tagged Mcat

Shelana B.’s Avatar
Shelana B. Jul 28 101 views

Should I apply for med school this cycle?

I redid the MCAT during this COVID pandemic setting and I got the same score that I did before. Should I still apply during this cycle or is it better to apply at a later cycle and redo the MCAT? #july20 #med-school...

#mcat

Aleksandra B.’s Avatar
Aleksandra B. Jul 29 99 views

When do I begin studying for the MCAT?

I just finished my first year as an undergraduate student. I'm majoring in biochemistry and minoring in psychology. I know these two fields are very helpful for the MCAT. (I am very interested in those fields as well, so it was not the only reason I chose them.) When did you begin studying for...

#biochemistry #medical #psychology #study #college #physician #mcat #premed #july20

On Ni L.’s Avatar
On Ni L. May 14 153 views

Where can I look for shadowing opportunities from a GP/ a specialist?

I am Annie, a year 3 student studying business administration and law at the University of Hong Kong, but it has always been my passion to enter a medical school and serve as a surgeon in the future. I am looking into applying for MD at Duke-NUS upon graduation of my current degree. And I would...

#medical #medicine #mcat #healthcare #pre-med #doctor

Rebecca C.’s Avatar
Rebecca C. Mar 13, 2018 244 views

What are some tips on acing my MCAT exams?

In a few years I will take the MCAT and I want to know what classes and studying methods worked best for you when you were mere college students? #mcat #medicine #doctor #healthcare...

#hospital-and-healthcare

Arial D.’s Avatar
Arial D. Aug 23, 2018 234 views

How early should you study for the MCAT?

School hasn't started for me yet so I'm currently an upcoming senior and I know I want to go to medical school, does it make sense to start studying this early? I've been studying some of the topics that the MCAT covers so should I even attempt to study from actual resources like practice...

#surgeon #medicine #mcat #medicalschool #doctor

Bradley S.’s Avatar
Bradley S. Aug 19, 2018 197 views

MCAT Scores, what's the best study method?

I am currently a Junior in College, and I am preparing to take my MCAT examination, in hopes to getting into a Medical School in the near future. Aside from books and online test preps, which present themselves as good prep techniques, what have YOU done to prepare for the MCAT??? #school...

#mcat #college

Julia H.’s Avatar
Julia H. May 04, 2018 301 views

What are the best free resources for MCAT prep?

I know about Khan academy and I would prefer multi-media study resources if possible. Any tips? #help ##studying #trying-to-ace-it #free-studying #resources #studying #testing #test-prep #mcat -school #med-school #pre-med #medicine...

#doctor

Olivia W.’s Avatar
Olivia W. Mar 23, 2018 392 views

How did you prepare yourself, as a student and an individual, for the MCAT?

Being a high school junior, I have experienced scheduling studying for the ACT with regular high school life. However, how were you able to balance such an imposing and important test, the MCAT, with college life? How were you able to find time to do things for yourself and offset that with...

#medicine #medical-school #medschool #college #doctor #physician #mcat #graduate-school #family-medicine

Ritu G.’s Avatar
Ritu G. May 29, 2018 318 views

What makes a good pre-med program?

Pre-med programs are often extremely diverse, and offer courses in a wide variety of studies. Which of these courses best prepare students for the MCAT and for medical schools? What type of courses best suit a student following a path in medicine? #classes #medicine #collegeclasses #career...

#mcat

Jessie D.’s Avatar
Jessie D. Jan 10, 2018 327 views

How is process of going through medical school and taking the MCAT?

I am currently a junior in high school and I am curious about the process of becoming a professional like an orthodontist, dentist, pediatrician, or a family and general practitioner. Since I am aware that earning a (grad/undergrad) degree is not something to underestimate, I want to know what...

#general-practitioner #medicine #medical-school #healthcare #doctorate-degree #graduate-school #mcat #hospital-and-health-care #dentistry #orthodontist #pediatrics

Nada D.’s Avatar
Nada D. Dec 07, 2016 529 views

What is a good base degree to obtain before entering medical school?

I am still #undecided as to what I should get my base degree in that would most benefit me for medical school. It would also be a big plus if it helped on the MCAT. #medical-school #medical-education #degrees...

#mcat