How is process of going through medical school and taking the MCAT?

Updated San Francisco, California

I am currently a junior in high school and I am curious about the process of becoming a professional like an orthodontist, dentist, pediatrician, or a family and general practitioner. Since I am aware that earning a (grad/undergrad) degree is not something to underestimate, I want to know what I will be committed to if I decided to stick to this field of major. How is your daily life like?

#mcat #medicine #medical-school #dentistry #orthodontist #general-practitioner #doctorate-degree #graduate-school #pediatrics #hospital-and-health-care #healthcare

Ashley’s Answer

I am a first year and so far it has had its ups and downs but at the end of the day I do not regret my choice at all! Medical school is difficult academically, mentally and socially and is definitely a commitment. You must be sure this is what you want to do because the reward is delayed but the fulfillment is great! The MCAT was a feat in its own right. Take it seriously and study in advance to your test date. It is quite long (~7 hrs) and is a good prep for the stamina needed in med school.