Career Questions tagged Pre Medicine

Brenna W.’s Avatar
Brenna W. May 22, 2016 652 views

When is a suitable time to start searching for Physcian Assistant schools?

After doing some research I noticed that the requirements for Physician Assistant programs vary a lot according to the instituiton, unlike many other health professional schools. Does that mean it would be more beneficial and time efficient for me to start narrowing down schools earlier during...

pre-medicine health pre-med graduate-school physicians-assistant hospital-and-health-care

Yuki L.’s Avatar
Yuki L. Oct 24, 2016 1172 views

How much studying and homework do you do on an average day as a pre-med student?

I'm planning to go into Pre-Med in college. I know it's going to be a very vigorous four years, but want to know exactly how difficult it will be to take all the classes in the Pre-Med track. pre-med undergraduate college-student pre-medicine medicine healthcare...

hospital-and-health-care

Anina H.’s Avatar
Anina H. Sep 24, 2016 918 views

How do you enjoy life as a premed?

I really hate all the restrictions I have on myself as a premed. Basically all the things I did to get into college (fancy extracurriculars, stellar grades, 20+ applications, standardized testing, etc.) I have to do again to get into med school- but with a job on top of it. And I'm majoring in...

pre-medicine pre-med college med-school doctor medical-school medicine physician

Shama E.’s Avatar
Shama E. May 20, 2016 677 views

How do you stay motivated?

Hi, I'm a sophomore in high school. And I know that it is EXTERMELY early for me already to lack motivation, but I'm taking all these hard AP/IB classes that have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO with what I want to be when I'm older. So I was just wondering if anyone has any tips on how to stay...

pre-medicine procrastination pre-med school college-student medicine high-school-students

Christian G.’s Avatar
Christian G. May 13, 2016 568 views

Being a current high school senior and going to college next year to study on a pre-medicine track, would you recommend majoring in a broad science such as Biology or Chemistry? How about a more specific major like Microbiology?

I am interested in working in the medical field. I don't have a set career in mind but I am looking at pursuing a career as a Physician or Physician Assistant. I am thinking about majoring in Biology but I was told by a friend of mine that it is better to major in a subject that is specific...

pre-medicine undergraduate college careers life-sciences biology physician

Josie B.’s Avatar
Josie B. May 28, 2015 864 views

What's the best college to go to if I want to be a nurse practitioner?

I'm a junior in high school and I'm trying to decide on a college medicine college-major nurse-practitioner...

pre-medicine