Career Questions tagged Premedical

Is it harder for D.O.'s to get the same respect as M.D.'s?

I've recently become interested in #osteopathic #medicine. The philosophy of treating patients as a whole instead of just symptoms appeals to me. However, I've heard that it may be hard for D.O.'s to find residencies that are not biased. I hadn't even heard of D.O.'s until a year ago,...

#physician #holistic #doctor #medical-practice #medical-school #premedical #premedicine #premed #medschool

3

Martha Cecile Storrie MD’s Avatar Robert Ellis DO, PhD, FACP’s Avatar deb Zakovich’s Avatar
Active Sep 05 at 10:15 PM

Posted by Maria H.’s Avatar Maria H.
Martha Cecile Storrie MD’s Avatar
Martha Cecile Storrie MD | adult urology & primary care physician Maria, as an allopathic medical school graduate in 1985, I have ...

Do you have to go to a prestigious university to get into a "good" medical school?

I plan to study to become a #physician after I graduate from high school. I want to attend a "good" #medical-school, but I don't know if I'll be able to get into one if I attend a #public-school. I know that it is mostly up to me on whether I make it or not. But I have to believe that...

#student-debt #ivy-league #premedical #medicine #premed #expensive

1

Ransi Somaratne MD MBA’s Avatar
Active Oct 22 at 01:04 PM

Posted by Maria H.’s Avatar Maria H.
Ransi Somaratne MD MBA’s Avatar
Ransi Somaratne MD MBA | Physician and Biotechnology Executive No you do not. You need to have a good GPA, ...

Do you have to be in a pre-medical if you want to go to medical school?

I have an interest in going to medical school but I'm not sure if I need to apply for a pre medical program. I don't know if I sould be applying for pre-medical now because I am a senior to college. #premed #premedical #medical #medicalschool...

#medschool

1

Gwen Hardin, MS, PPS, APCC’s Avatar
Active Nov 04 at 02:35 AM

Posted by Jacqueline M.’s Avatar Jacqueline M.
Gwen Hardin, MS, PPS, APCC’s Avatar
Gwen Hardin, MS, PPS, APCC | School Counselor and Mental Health Clinician Hi Jacqueline,If you want to go to medical school you do ...

What is the most strenuous thing a doctor faces on a daily basis?

I have always had an interest in becoming a medical professional, and I want to get more insight into the life of a doctor or he/ she faces on a day to day basis. Saving lives and helping increase the quality of one's life is part of what drives my passion to pursue this career. #medicine...

#futuredoctor #premedical #healthcare #hospital-and-health-care #doctor

1

Ontibile Kebadirang’s Avatar
Active Apr 26 at 10:14 PM

Posted by Addison B.’s Avatar Addison B.
Ontibile Kebadirang’s Avatar
Ontibile Kebadirang | Medical Practitioner at Ministry of Health of Botswana Hello! That's such a great question. Sometimes when we are fresh ...

What can you do in high school to make yourself appear more competitive when applying to a pre-me program?

I’m a sophomore in high school and wondering about what I could be doing now to make myself appear a strong and willing candidate for an exceptional pre-med program in college. I have always wanted to go into the medical field, but never sure about what I could be doing to make myself stand out...

#medical-practice #medical #competitive #premedical #college #medicine #premed #highschool

3

Martha Cecile Storrie MD’s Avatar John A Perrotti MD’s Avatar Kristen Hansen’s Avatar
Active Aug 24 at 12:00 PM

Posted by Vilma K.’s Avatar Vilma K.
Martha Cecile Storrie MD’s Avatar
Martha Cecile Storrie MD | adult urology & primary care physician Here's your answer: learn to represent yourself well (learn to speak, ...

Over 58,000 students, educators, and professionals are discussing their career paths on CareerVillage.

Join us

icon-country-tagsCurrently showing results for: Global (all countries) (change)