Career Questions tagged Premedical

Addison B.’s Avatar
Addison B. Jan 17, 2018 218 views

What is the most strenuous thing a doctor faces on a daily basis?

I have always had an interest in becoming a medical professional, and I want to get more insight into the life of a doctor or he/ she faces on a day to day basis. Saving lives and helping increase the quality of one's life is part of what drives my passion to pursue this career. #medicine...

#doctor #premedical #healthcare #hospital-and-health-care #futuredoctor

Maria H.’s Avatar
Maria H. Apr 21, 2018 417 views

Is it harder for D.O.'s to get the same respect as M.D.'s?

I've recently become interested in #osteopathic #medicine. The philosophy of treating patients as a whole instead of just symptoms appeals to me. However, I've heard that it may be hard for D.O.'s to find residencies that are not biased. I hadn't even heard of D.O.'s until a year ago,...

#doctor #holistic #medschool #medical-practice #premedical #medical-school #premed #premedicine #physician

Maria H.’s Avatar
Maria H. Apr 21, 2018 323 views

Do you have to go to a prestigious university to get into a "good" medical school?

I plan to study to become a #physician after I graduate from high school. I want to attend a "good" #medical-school, but I don't know if I'll be able to get into one if I attend a #public-school. I know that it is mostly up to me on whether I make it or not. But I have to believe that...

#medicine #premedical #student-debt #expensive #ivy-league #premed

Jacqueline M.’s Avatar
Jacqueline M. Jan 20, 2018 349 views

Do you have to be in a pre-medical if you want to go to medical school?

I have an interest in going to medical school but I'm not sure if I need to apply for a pre medical program. I don't know if I sould be applying for pre-medical now because I am a senior to college. #premed #premedical #medicine #medicineschool...

#medschool

Vilma K.’s Avatar
Vilma K. Jan 16, 2018 374 views

What can you do in high school to make yourself appear more competitive when applying to a pre-me program?

I’m a sophomore in high school and wondering about what I could be doing now to make myself appear a strong and willing candidate for an exceptional pre-med program in college. I have always wanted to go into the medical field, but never sure about what I could be doing to make myself stand out...

#college #competitive #medicine #premedical #highschool #premed