Do you have to be in a pre-medical if you want to go to medical school?

2

I have an interest in going to medical school but I'm not sure if I need to apply for a pre medical program. I don't know if I sould be applying for pre-medical now because I am a senior to college.
#premed #premedical #medicine #medicineschool #medschool

Hi Jacqueline, great question! I am currently doing preMed and chemistry right now. Technically, you don't have to take pre-medical in college to go to medical school. A common misconception is that premedical is a college major. It actually isn't. Premed is only a set of 8-9 courses that are used to prepare you for the MCAT. Classes in premed are like chemistry, biology, physics, psychology, etc. If i were you, i would recommend applying to premed and of course your choice of major, because it will best prepare you for the MCAT. Ramtin M.
2

Gwen Hardin,’s Answer

0

Hi Jacqueline,

If you want to go to medical school you do not have to in a pre-medical program. Pre-med is not a college major but a program that offers classes geared towards medical school. You can choose whatever major you want in college or major in any science based major. You can also take science courses in college to help you gain gain knowledge and prepare for medical school as well. Medical schools want well rounded students over all. Volunteering in or doing any kind of local community involvement is also taken into consideration by medical schools. Hope this helps.

0