Career Questions tagged Kinesiology

Darren L.’s Avatar
Darren L. Nov 08, 2021 105 views

What do Kinesiology majors learn and do?

I'm interested in majoring in Kinesiology. I heard it's a great stepping stone for other careers. I want to learn more about what kinesiology students study and learn. Is it a difficult major and what types of careers can come out of a degree in kinesiology? college-major major college...

career kinesiology

Darren L.’s Avatar
Darren L. Nov 08, 2021 115 views

What does a physical therapist do?

Physical therapy is one of the career paths I'm interested in. But I want to learn more about what they do. What are their daily tasks, what types of patients do they see, and how is the workload? Do you find yourself happy with your job? I also want to learn how to become a physical...

physical-therapist therapy major medical kinesiology physical-therapy physical

Darren L.’s Avatar
Darren L. Nov 02, 2021 153 views

Is Physical Therapy or Chiropractic Medicine worth the time and money?

From what I've learned, both physical therapy and chiropractic medicine require years of school. Tuition is pricey and school takes up a lot of your time. Is it really worth all that effort to become a PT or a DC? medicine physical-therapist medical-education physical-therapy doctor...

college chiropractic-medicine chiropractor hospital major medical kinesiology

Hannah F.’s Avatar
Hannah F. Jun 08, 2021 116 views

What is the best/most common major that students go into when they go to college when they want to be a physical therapist?

I was thinking about majoring in kinesiology in college. honestly unsure about what school at the moment. have been looking into umass amherst's kinesiology program. I want to get the best education in undergrad before going into a strict physical therapy track. physical-therapy major...

college-major kinesiology

Riley D.’s Avatar
Riley D. Apr 29, 2021 262 views

What are the job opportunities for a person with a Sport Management degree?

Sport Management Student at the University of Michigan- Ann Arbor student sports sports-management...

kinesiology

Darren L.’s Avatar
Darren L. Apr 21, 2021 333 views

What steps does one have to take to become a Chiropractor?

I'm currently in high school and I am interested in the career of a Chiropractor. I'm aware that one must have a Bachelor's Degree before applying for Chiropractor school? What majors and classes do you recommend someone apply for if they are interested in becoming a D.C. ? future career...

college school chiropractor doctor business major medical kinesiology

Shira S.’s Avatar
Shira S. Jul 22, 2020 200 views

I am interested in the way humans move.

What are good career paths for someone who is interested in kinesiology? kinesiology...

july20

Emma S.’s Avatar
Emma S. Apr 21, 2020 223 views

How has COVID-19 affected the jobs of athletic trainers? #athletictrainer #sportsmedicine #kinesiology

Non-essential offices or jobs have been temporarily shut down by the government do to the COVID-19 virus. As an athletic trainer, how has it affected your job? athletictrainer sportsmedicine...

kinesiology

Emma S.’s Avatar
Emma S. Apr 21, 2020 198 views

what skills are required to become a athletic trainer for professional sports? #athletictrainer #sportsmedicine #kinesiology

My career goal is to become an athletic trainer for professional sports teams such as the NBA, NFL, MLB, MLS, etc. Im asking what are the main skill requirements to obtain this job? athletictrainer sportsmedicine...

kinesiology

Tanya L.’s Avatar
Tanya L. Feb 21, 2019 215 views

Kinesiology

What would you consider to be the best career past with a degree in kinesiology?...

kinesiology

Elizabeth R.’s Avatar
Elizabeth R. Mar 15, 2018 1602 views

Are there any double majors that go best with kinesiology?

Are there any double majors that go best with kinesiology? As in, are there majors that employers are looking for that can be helpful in conjunction with a degree in kinesiology? choosing-a-major...

double-major

Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Jul 30, 2018 372 views

What can I do with a kinesiology major?

Things you can consider for this specific question... What types of jobs are there for kinesiology majors? If you studied kinesiology, where do you work now? Will there be room for growth in the field of kinesiology? I'm a CareerVillage staff member and I'm posting this because we know that...

human-body physiology kinesiology

Allie H.’s Avatar
Allie H. Aug 19, 2016 567 views

What's it like being in Sports Medicine?

I have always wondered what it's like for people treating athletes in this field. It is challenging, rewarding? sports-medicine sports kinesiology healthcare...

doctor

Yura P.’s Avatar
Yura P. May 02, 2018 746 views

Is it possible to become an Athletic Trainer and a Physical Therapist?

My goal is to be a professional in sports medicine field. I came from another country to learn sports medicine as I want to become an Athletic Trainer. I know it is pretty hard since I am a second language learner, however I am also interested in nutrition, physical therapy, and...

orthodontist physical-therapy college-major athletictraining physical-therapist orthopedics sports-medicine athletic-trainer kinesiology

Savannah S.’s Avatar
Savannah S. Apr 18, 2018 470 views

What can I do in order to prepare myself to be most successful in pursuing an Kinesiology degree?

I have a passion for fitness, science, and nutrition, which makes a Kinesiology degree prefect for me. However, I wish to begin my college career as prepared as possible, and I am curious as to what steps I need to take to be on the correct path to the degree of my dreams. fitness...

kinesiology science nutrition doctorate-degree

Kelvin L.’s Avatar
Kelvin L. Jan 03, 2018 512 views

I am in the 7th grade and I am just beginning to explore my future career, what are some careers and helpful next steps I should consider based on my love for Martial Arts?

At school, I am most interested in martial arts, while my hobbies include martial arts. A topic that I am passionate about is Martial Arts. What are some career options that best align with these interests and what are some helpful next steps I can do in the near future? martial-arts...

kinesiology

Morgan  W.’s Avatar
Morgan W. Oct 28, 2016 482 views

What careers are out there with a degree in kinesiology?

I am a high school student interested in in physical therapy, but looking for a plan B and Plan C kinesiology...

physical-therapy

nicholas C.’s Avatar
nicholas C. Mar 27, 2018 368 views

How much do sports medicine doctors make a year?

Hi, my name is Nick and I'm looking into the medical field. I was curious how much sports medicine doctors make a year sports-medicine medicine sports kinesiology career...

financial-planning

Vernon B.’s Avatar
Vernon B. May 08, 2016 762 views

what kind of job can you get with an kinesiology degree

I asked this question because I'm pursuing a bachelors degree in kinesiology in college. science mathematics kinesiology...

physical-therapy

Elizabeth R.’s Avatar
Elizabeth R. Mar 15, 2018 370 views

What did you wish you knew before pursuing a degree in kinesiology?

What did you wish you knew before pursuing a degree in kinesiology? As in, is there anything about that field of study that you wish you had known in advance? Or are there lower level classes you wish you would have taken to prepare you better for higher level...

jacob E.’s Avatar
jacob E. Sep 01, 2017 505 views

What is the most efficient way to manage money as a college student to avoid debt after graduation?

I want to be able to leave college with minimal debt, and would greatly appreciate advice on how to save now for the future. kinesiology music passion college...

financial-planning

Alexus V.’s Avatar
Alexus V. Feb 03, 2017 565 views

What job opportunities are there for a bachelors degree in exercise science/kinesiology?

I am a senior in high school and want to become a Physical Therapist, my undergraduate degree would be in exercise science or kinesiology. After I plan to get my DPT, but if for some reason I don't want to continue my education or life happens after my four years of college I'm interested in...

science degrees kinesiology college exercise-science exercise phyisical-therapist

Brianna W.’s Avatar
Brianna W. Oct 23, 2016 608 views

With a physical therapy degree, what doors does that open ? Are you only eligible to work in a PT center/hospital or can you also work for sports teams ? or is that a whole other degree entirely ?

i play softball in high school and i volunteered at a hospital in a PT program which is what really pushed me, but my softball team also had a PT at every game and she really inspired me too. but did her degree go farther ? did she have to specifically have a sports medicine degree ?...

physical-therapy sports-medicine kinesiology

Brianna W.’s Avatar
Brianna W. Oct 23, 2016 500 views

What is the hardest part about the job ? i imagine pushing people who are in a lot of pain to do things that will ultimately make them feel better can be tough.

i'm a senior in high school and i'm planning on going into physical therapy and would just like a better understanding of things from someone who's mire experienced. i volunteered at a hospital and worked in the physical therapy department two summers in a row and that's what really pushed me...

physical-therapy kinesiology

Kate K.’s Avatar
Kate K. Oct 22, 2016 535 views