Career Questions tagged Kinesiology

Kalyssa’s Avatar
Kalyssa Dec 08, 2022 108 views

What is the difference between a Sports Medicine Degree and an Exercise Science Degree ?

I’m looking into putting on casts and working in the orthopedic field, but I’m not sure which major will benefit me more.

Yareli’s Avatar
Yareli Oct 20, 2022 430 views

What other jobs are there with a bachelors in kinesiology?

I know about physical therapist but what other jobs are there?

Darren’s Avatar
Darren Nov 08, 2021 362 views

What do Kinesiology majors learn and do?

I'm interested in majoring in Kinesiology. I heard it's a great stepping stone for other careers. I want to learn more about what kinesiology students study and learn. Is it a difficult major and what types of careers can come out of a degree in kinesiology? #college-major #major #college...

Darren’s Avatar
Darren Nov 08, 2021 286 views

What does a physical therapist do?

Physical therapy is one of the career paths I'm interested in. But I want to learn more about what they do. What are their daily tasks, what types of patients do they see, and how is the workload? Do you find yourself happy with your job? I also want to learn how to become a physical...

Darren’s Avatar
Darren Nov 02, 2021 773 views

Is Physical Therapy or Chiropractic Medicine worth the time and money?

From what I've learned, both physical therapy and chiropractic medicine require years of school. Tuition is pricey and school takes up a lot of your time. Is it really worth all that effort to become a PT or a DC? #medicine #physical-therapist #medical-education #physical-therapy #doctor...

Hannah’s Avatar
Hannah Jun 08, 2021 248 views

What is the best/most common major that students go into when they go to college when they want to be a physical therapist?

I was thinking about majoring in kinesiology in college. honestly unsure about what school at the moment. have been looking into umass amherst's kinesiology program. I want to get the best education in undergrad before going into a strict physical therapy track. #physical-therapy #major...

Riley’s Avatar
Riley Apr 29, 2021 502 views

What are the job opportunities for a person with a Sport Management degree?

Sport Management Student at the University of Michigan- Ann Arbor #student #sports #sports-management #kinesiology

Darren’s Avatar
Darren Apr 21, 2021 961 views

What steps does one have to take to become a Chiropractor?

I'm currently in high school and I am interested in the career of a Chiropractor. I'm aware that one must have a Bachelor's Degree before applying for Chiropractor school? What majors and classes do you recommend someone apply for if they are interested in becoming a D.C. ? #future #career...

Shira’s Avatar
Shira Jul 22, 2020 326 views

I am interested in the way humans move.

What are good career paths for someone who is interested in kinesiology? #kinesiology #JULY20

Emma’s Avatar
Emma Apr 21, 2020 346 views

How has COVID-19 affected the jobs of athletic trainers? #athletictrainer #sportsmedicine #kinesiology

Non-essential offices or jobs have been temporarily shut down by the government do to the COVID-19 virus. As an athletic trainer, how has it affected your job? #athletictrainer #sportsmedicine #kinesiology

Emma’s Avatar
Emma Apr 21, 2020 329 views

what skills are required to become a athletic trainer for professional sports? #athletictrainer #sportsmedicine #kinesiology

My career goal is to become an athletic trainer for professional sports teams such as the NBA, NFL, MLB, MLS, etc. Im asking what are the main skill requirements to obtain this job? #athletictrainer #sportsmedicine #kinesiology

Gladys’s Avatar
Gladys Jul 26, 2019 400 views

What major would benefit me more for a career in Physical Therapy for veterans and soldiers, Kinesiology or Neuroscience?

#physicaltherapy #decidingmajor #kinesiology #neuroscience #physical-therapy #hospital-and-health-care #medicine

Tanya’s Avatar
Tanya Feb 21, 2019 334 views

Kinesiology

What would you consider to be the best career past with a degree in kinesiology?
#kinesiology

Ethan’s Avatar
Ethan Sep 22, 2018 530 views

How do I open my own gymnasium for martial arts/fitness? What major will I need to get because college is a must.

#college #gym #fitness #business #entrepreneur #college-major #kinesiology

Katy’s Avatar
Katy Aug 16, 2018 470 views

While trying to obtain my degree in kinesiology, would it be beneficial for me to volunteer at a physical therapy office for experience?

#physical-therapy #kinesiology

Alexandra’s Avatar
Alexandra Jul 30, 2018 479 views

What can I do with a kinesiology major?

Things you can consider for this specific question... What types of jobs are there for kinesiology majors? If you studied kinesiology, where do you work now? Will there be room for growth in the field of kinesiology? I'm a CareerVillage staff member and I'm posting this because we know that...

Nicholas’s Avatar
Nicholas Jul 24, 2018 405 views

with an ultimate goal of achieving a doctorate degree in physical therapy, are there certain undergraduate degrees that are better than others to prepare for this field? (ie kinesiology, sports science, exercise physiology, etc)

#physicaltherapy #kinesiology #exercisescience #athletictraining

Yura’s Avatar
Yura May 02, 2018 1952 views

Is it possible to become an Athletic Trainer and a Physical Therapist?

My goal is to be a professional in sports medicine field. I came from another country to learn sports medicine as I want to become an Athletic Trainer. I know it is pretty hard since I am a second language learner, however I am also interested in nutrition, physical therapy, and...

Savannah’s Avatar
Savannah Apr 18, 2018 751 views

What can I do in order to prepare myself to be most successful in pursuing an Kinesiology degree?

I have a passion for fitness, science, and nutrition, which makes a Kinesiology degree prefect for me. However, I wish to begin my college career as prepared as possible, and I am curious as to what steps I need to take to be on the correct path to the degree of my dreams. #fitness...

nicholas’s Avatar
nicholas Mar 27, 2018 482 views

How much do sports medicine doctors make a year?

Hi, my name is Nick and I'm looking into the medical field. I was curious how much sports medicine doctors make a year #sports-medicine #medicine #sports #kinesiology #career #financial-planning

Elizabeth’s Avatar
Elizabeth Mar 15, 2018 2644 views

Are there any double majors that go best with kinesiology?

Are there any double majors that go best with #kinesiology? As in, are there majors that employers are looking for that can be helpful in conjunction with a degree in kinesiology?
#choosing-a-major #double-major

Elizabeth’s Avatar
Elizabeth Mar 15, 2018 516 views

What did you wish you knew before pursuing a degree in kinesiology?

What did you wish you knew before pursuing a degree in #kinesiology? As in, is there anything about that field of study that you wish you had known in advance? Or are there lower level classes you wish you would have taken to prepare you better for higher level courses?

Ameenah’s Avatar
Ameenah Mar 14, 2018 537 views

What can I do with a kinesiology degree?

#kinesiology

Kelvin’s Avatar
Kelvin Jan 03, 2018 620 views

I am in the 7th grade and I am just beginning to explore my future career, what are some careers and helpful next steps I should consider based on my love for Martial Arts?

At school, I am most interested in martial arts, while my hobbies include martial arts. A topic that I am passionate about is Martial Arts. What are some career options that best align with these interests and what are some helpful next steps I can do in the near future? #martial-arts #kinesiology

jacob’s Avatar
jacob Sep 01, 2017 617 views

What is the most efficient way to manage money as a college student to avoid debt after graduation?

I want to be able to leave college with minimal debt, and would greatly appreciate advice on how to save now for the future. #kinesiology #music #passion #college #financial-planning

Alexus’s Avatar
Alexus Feb 03, 2017 710 views

What job opportunities are there for a bachelors degree in exercise science/kinesiology?

I am a senior in high school and want to become a Physical Therapist, my undergraduate degree would be in exercise science or kinesiology. After I plan to get my DPT, but if for some reason I don't want to continue my education or life happens after my four years of college I'm interested in...

Morgan ’s Avatar
Morgan Oct 28, 2016 609 views

What careers are out there with a degree in kinesiology?

I am a high school student interested in in physical therapy, but looking for a plan B and Plan C #kinesiology #physical-therapy

Brianna’s Avatar
Brianna Oct 23, 2016 689 views

With a physical therapy degree, what doors does that open ? Are you only eligible to work in a PT center/hospital or can you also work for sports teams ? or is that a whole other degree entirely ?

i play softball in high school and i volunteered at a hospital in a PT program which is what really pushed me, but my softball team also had a PT at every game and she really inspired me too. but did her degree go farther ? did she have to specifically have a sports medicine degree ?...

Brianna’s Avatar
Brianna Oct 23, 2016 596 views

What is the hardest part about the job ? i imagine pushing people who are in a lot of pain to do things that will ultimately make them feel better can be tough.

i'm a senior in high school and i'm planning on going into physical therapy and would just like a better understanding of things from someone who's mire experienced. i volunteered at a hospital and worked in the physical therapy department two summers in a row and that's what really pushed me...

Kate’s Avatar
Kate Oct 22, 2016 625 views

Does a degree in kinesiology or nursing provide better job opportunities after graduation?

I am really stuck between then two options and need help making up my mind! #nursing #kinesiology