Career Questions tagged Sports Management

Matt C.’s Avatar
Matt C. Nov 28 53 views

I’m a 20 year old street smart fit male, I don’t know what I want to do, any ideas?

I have a background in every sport I have great salesman skills I have great street smarts I have great leadership sales #sports #sports-management #business...

#work

Jackson S.’s Avatar
Jackson S. Nov 14 18 views
Suzette I.’s Avatar
Suzette I. Sep 06 29 views

What companies or industries do you think I should target?

My name is Suzette I. I’m a senior at Brennan HS and after I graduate I want to attend Texas State and study journalism and digital media to become a sports broadcaster #sports #sports-management...

#broadcast-media

Peyton P.’s Avatar
Peyton P. Jan 20 125 views

Are any degrees necessary to become a talent agent?

I’ve recently become interested in being a talent agent for models and athletes but as assumed this is not a common career and I don’t know much about how to get there and be successful. #talent #agent #management...

#sports-management

Aaron S.’s Avatar
Aaron S. Apr 11, 2018 191 views

What kind of jobs can I get after college from a sports management or criminal justice major?

I am interested in coaching or being in an organization and I am interested in police and detective work. #sports-management #police-and-law-enforcement...

#criminal-justice

Lontavious W.’s Avatar
Lontavious W. Apr 26, 2018 212 views

What is the key to become a successful sports manager?

I want to pursue a degree in sports management at Georgia State university and I want to know what are some tips to becoming an outstanding sports manager #sports-management #sports #athletics...

#management

Lontavious W.’s Avatar
Lontavious W. Apr 26, 2018 181 views

What will I be expected to accomplish in my first year of an internship for a job of sport management?

I want to know if having a internship for a sports manager would be exactly what I read it would be #sports-management #sports #athletics...

#internship

Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Jun 20, 2018 237 views

Is sports management a good major?

I'm a CareerVillage staff member and I'm posting this because we know that many young people are looking for the answer to this question. This is among the most popular questions searched by youth, and we're hoping you will take a moment to share your response to it. Thank you! #college...

#college-major #athletics #management #sports #business #sports-management

Zachary R.’s Avatar
Zachary R. Jan 17, 2018 205 views

How do you get an internship job in sports management

I am studying sports management with a dream of getting a job with a sports team after graduation and would love to get internships to put on my resume #internship #sports...

#sports-management

Laura H.’s Avatar
Laura H. Mar 27, 2018 297 views
Joseph P.’s Avatar
Joseph P. Mar 13, 2018 166 views

How important are internships during college?

While researching which college to attend, it seems some colleges have mandatory internships while others don't. What are the pros and cons to internships? #tointernornot...

#sports-management

Evan C.’s Avatar
Evan C. Jan 17, 2018 214 views

What can I do in the future with my degree?

I want to know what I can do in the future with a sports management degree. #college-major #sports #sports-management...

#what-school-is-the-best-for-my-batlors-and-grant

thomas G.’s Avatar
thomas G. Nov 13, 2017 413 views

how do you become an nba player

because i want to be one #athletics #sports #sports-management...

#basketball

Chandler F.’s Avatar
Chandler F. Nov 28, 2017 307 views

Should sport management undergrads get their master’s degree?

I’ve heard that if a sport management student wants to make more than $40k when they enter the job market, they need to obtain a graduate degree — is this true? #sports #sports-management #masters-degree #sports-media #college #higher-education...

#career

lauryn S.’s Avatar
lauryn S. Aug 15, 2016 347 views

When athletes and coaches in the sports entertainment industry travel for games, are they given time to explore the location they are playing at or are they only able to attend the game?

I watch a lot of sports and notice that games are hosted all over the world, but I was not sure if the athletes are able to visit the place their games are at, or simply attend practices and games and stay in their hotel room. #athlete #sport #sports...

#sports-management

Mario M.’s Avatar
Mario M. Aug 15, 2016 328 views

What makes a General Manager of a professional sports team adequatly educated?

Im looking to work in the sports industry and am interested how the ideal General Manager of a sports team is educated or prepared. #experience #sports...

#sports-management

Elton T.’s Avatar
Elton T. Feb 08, 2017 316 views

As a Sports Coach do you like your job?

I'm a high school student wanting to learn about this type of job. #sports #sports-management #athletics #coaching...

#coach

Raheem  D.’s Avatar
Raheem D. Feb 10, 2017 439 views

if i was to play baseball but had barely any knowledge about it will i still be able to play if i was planning to learn?

I played baseball in the back yards of my friends house and i thought i was getting good but i don't have barely any professional knowledge about it of any sort. but i want to know about it and possibly make it a career for me #sports #sports-management #baseball #athletics...

Jeremy B.’s Avatar
Jeremy B. Sep 29, 2017 461 views

What is the best way to get a summer internship with a major league baseball team?

My career goal is to be on the operations side of a MLB team, with the ultimate of being the president of the organization. I love baseball! #baseball #sports #sports-management...

#internships

Luke F.’s Avatar
Luke F. Mar 24, 2017 427 views

Does it cost money to become a player in the NFL?

Do you need to pay to be in the NFL? If so, who would you be paying? Taxi drivers have to buy a license to drive, and then they get to earn money -- is that how it works in the NFL or do the players get paid to play without having to pay anything back? [This question was edited by an admin to...

#sports-management

Luke F.’s Avatar
Luke F. Feb 21, 2017 535 views

How do you get into the NFL as a professional athlete?

Here's what I have heard so far: At the end of your Junior year of college, every player is offered a chance to leave college and sign up for the pro-draft. If you accept, your college career is over, and you may be drafted to an NFL team. If you decline, you can try again after your Senior...

#sports-management #coaching-football #professional-sports #athletics

Bruce W.’s Avatar
Bruce W. Feb 08, 2017 365 views

How difficult is it to become qualified to coach a sports team professionally?

How hard is it to accomplish this occupation? #sports-management...

#coaching

Bruce W.’s Avatar
Bruce W. Feb 08, 2017 354 views

How long do you have to go to college in order to become a professional sports coach?

I am interested in becoming a professional sports coach someday. If I were to pursue that dream, how long would I have to go to college and what type of degree would I get? #sports-management...

#coaching

Bruce W.’s Avatar
Bruce W. Feb 08, 2017 325 views

What are the qualifications needed to become a professional sports coach?

I am curious about potentially becoming a professional sports coach someday in the future. What are the qualifications I would need to get into the coaching career? #sports-management...

#coaching

Dillon H.’s Avatar
Dillon H. Oct 31, 2016 580 views

Why should I get an economics degree to further my career managing a baseball team?

Most people working in Major League Baseball as management already have a degree, but instead of a major in actual sports management, they have economics. Why is that? What does economics have to do with baseball? #business-management #economics #sports-management...

#sports-marketing

Tara C.’s Avatar
Tara C. Oct 25, 2016 345 views

How many different jobs can you obtain in the sports management field?

I'm a senior in high school and I just got enrolled into the Soccer Management program at UCCS. I want to become a business team manager for a soccer team but I'm curious what my other options are in soccer management careers. #business-management #sports-management...

#soccer

Jasmine K.’s Avatar
Jasmine K. Oct 13, 2016 440 views

How will sport's management challenge you?

I am a Senior doing a career research project. #management #sports...

#sports-management

Austin M.’s Avatar
Austin M. Aug 22, 2016 532 views

What degree other than sports management would be good to get a degree in to work in the front office of an NFL team?

I am asking this question because the I college I choose to attend may not have this exact degree so I am looking for other degrees that are similar to sports management. #management #sports...

#sports-management