Career Questions tagged Coaching

Cindy L.’s Avatar
Cindy L. Jul 02

UX/UI Designer V.S Web Developer

To all professionals reading this post, thank you for your precious time! I just started my journey in coding (HTML/CSS/Javascript) three months ago, I love it and I experience the so-called 'flow' state when I'm coding. (definitely a great sign!) I was wondering if you could share some...

#js #webdeveloper #webdev #ux #designer #coaching #computer #computer-science #ui #mentorship #women-in-tech #technology #information-technology #career #css #html

lillian W.’s Avatar
lillian W. Feb 09, 2018

how much money do you get being a college softball coach

Because i wanted to be a softball coach for college but i am really not sure about it because i am also into sports and medicine like becoming a physical therapist.#physical-therapist #college #sports #athletics #coaching #college-sports...

#physical-therapy

Cindy L.’s Avatar
Cindy L. Mar 12

What are the steps needed to be a UX designer?

From your experience and journey to a UX designer, what online resources & bootcamps you have used to get where you are right now? Which bootcamps or online learning platforms you would recommend for a person w/o much prior knowledge in coding and programming language? Thank you!...

#computer-science #mentoring #jobs #design #ux #technology #coaching #uxdesign #computer #career #programming #userexperience #industryprofessionals #computer-software

Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Jun 20, 2018

What education is needed to become a coach?

I'm a CareerVillage staff member and I'm posting this because we know that many young people are looking for the answer to this question. This is among the most popular questions searched by youth, and we're hoping you will take a moment to share your response to it. Thank you! #college #coach...

#sports #team-sports #coaching #athletics

Deshawn H.’s Avatar
Deshawn H. Dec 18, 2017

How do I gain experience to become a head basketball coach?

Hello, I'm an 18 yr old college student and for future reference, I was wondering what is the best route to go in order to become a head basketball coach. I want to coach the high school, college level, and hopefully one day the pros as I love the game and love to strategize. How should I...

#sports #coaching-basketball #basketball #coaching

Ashley H.’s Avatar
Ashley H. Dec 08, 2017

What are some good ways for high school students to gain experience?

I did not have a lot of experience outside of school and volunteering when I started at university, and my brothers are both looking as they could be in the same boat as I was. I have given them a couple of suggestions from things that I learned, however, is there anything that anyone would...

#swimming #high-school #volunteering #coaching #game-design #sports #experience #engineering

Maggie S.’s Avatar
Maggie S. May 26, 2016

How would you rate the experience of coaching in high school sports?

Hi, my name is Maggie and I would like to become a high school teacher and coach. I have talked to some of my coaches in the past and gotten good answers, but I would like a little more commentary on the subject matter. #coaching #coach...

#sports

Elton T.’s Avatar
Elton T. Feb 08, 2017

As a Sports Coach do you like your job?

I'm a high school student wanting to learn about this type of job. #sports #sports-management #athletics #coaching...

#coach

Timothy O.’s Avatar
Timothy O. Jun 13, 2016

Are Leaders born or made?

I am a high school student and I consider myself a leader. I however, want to improve my leadership skills as I will be taking on bigger leadership positions in the next school year. I know that leaders are made through learning and teaching but also, could it be true that we may be born with...

#personal-development #sales #coaching #professional #leadership #career #finance #marketing #engineering

kaye T.’s Avatar
kaye T. Mar 08, 2017

what are some different drills i can do to improve on my skills in basketball?

im asking this because i want to get better in my sport so that i can make it some where in life and because i just love the sport i play so much.I want to get better in the future and i want to prove everyone that doubted me #basketball #athletics #coaching #athletic-performance...

#personal-development #coaching-basketball

Nicholas P.’s Avatar
Nicholas P. May 16, 2016

I am going to College for Sports Management, and playing Volleyball for a division School ,but also want to give back to the community. What programs can I look into to achieve that goal?

I have always been athletic, and as I found my niche for what sport I wanted to focus on, I had gone through many coaches and many have not only helped me athletically, but also cared about the person I am. If i had some difficulty they were there to lend a helping hand, even if it was advice...

#coach #coaching #athletics

Alexis  N.’s Avatar
Alexis N. Mar 08, 2017

What does it take to become a professional soccer player?

I been playing soccer since I was little.I love the sport and I'm good. I still know I need improvement to make it to the top . #sports #soccer #coaching #training #professional-training #fitness-training...

#competitive-soccer

Bruce W.’s Avatar
Bruce W. Feb 08, 2017

How difficult is it to become qualified to coach a sports team professionally?

How hard is it to accomplish this occupation? #sports-management...

#coaching

Bruce W.’s Avatar
Bruce W. Feb 08, 2017

How long do you have to go to college in order to become a professional sports coach?

I am interested in becoming a professional sports coach someday. If I were to pursue that dream, how long would I have to go to college and what type of degree would I get? #sports-management...

#coaching

Bruce W.’s Avatar
Bruce W. Feb 08, 2017

What are the qualifications needed to become a professional sports coach?

I am curious about potentially becoming a professional sports coach someday in the future. What are the qualifications I would need to get into the coaching career? #sports-management...

#coaching

Nathan C.’s Avatar
Nathan C. Feb 03, 2017

Are there any specific school's I should attend if I'm interested in becoming a sport's coach?

I was wondering if any specific school's were known as being better for coaching. #sports...

#coaching

Nathan C.’s Avatar
Nathan C. Feb 03, 2017

How does one become certified to coach in your state?

I'm interested in exploring this career possibility and I'm wondering where becoming a coach starts. #sports...

#coaching

Gabriela  C.’s Avatar
Gabriela C. Dec 10, 2016

Any advice on how to organize yourself better ?

Hello , I am currently working on organizing myself better for my career. It seems that I have not found what "flows" for my daily routine because I do feel scattered a lot of the times and I will like to decrease that and establish some kind of plan . What are some tools that can aid me in...

#advice #personal-development #coaching

Caleb S.’s Avatar
Caleb S. Aug 22, 2016

How to become a college football coach?

I'm asking because I'd like to be one and lack the knowledge on what to major in and what experience to have and what college to attend and where to start etc. #sports #sports-management #coaching #college-recruiting...

#coaching-football

Marcus T.’s Avatar
Marcus T. Aug 18, 2016

How can i become better at basketball?

I wanna get better agt basketball to play in college #sports #basketball #athletics #coaching #collegiate-athlete...

#knowledge-management

Marcus T.’s Avatar
Marcus T. Aug 18, 2016

How long would it take me to go into youth ministry- coaching and get enough information to become a part time coach, full time campus life director?

I want to go into youth ministry to teach more kids about jesus, and id also like to become a basketball coach. #leadership #mentoring #coaching #youth...

#outgoing

Daniel T.’s Avatar
Daniel T. Jun 29, 2016

Hi im currently a first time summer school teacher for a remedial math course, i find that a lot of my students lack the motivation to try in class or in anything at all. how do i help them

I've tried appealing to their own personal interests, and some of them can't seem to come up with any, i've offered them incentives like internship opportunities and given them talks about their future beyond high school, but everything i've tried has only had fleeting effects. can you please...

#teaching #career-advice #education #college #guidance-counselor #coaching #teacher

isaac V.’s Avatar
isaac V. May 24, 2016

College or High School coaching?

I am interested in coaching tennis as a career but unsure if i want to be at a university or high school? I have been coaching for 4 years/ I am a junior and play tennis at Schreiner University. I also work the UT Tennis Camp during the summer. Before i left for college I coached a program...

#coaching #tennis

isaac V.’s Avatar
isaac V. May 24, 2016

Moving for a career

I am a junior in college and feel it coming to a end quickly. I feel like the blink of an eye I am going to be graduating. I am really looking forward to trying to get a coaching position for tennis somewhere. I feel like it is best to move out of Corpus for this, but I am worried about moving...

#travel #coaching

Shaige W.’s Avatar
Shaige W. May 18, 2016

When selecting and entering a college, how do you handle the change of pace from being dependent to independent?

I am the youngest graduate from my high school, I will be graduating at the age of 16. I've matured faster than most my age but I still feel unprepared to handle life on my own. This is a vital question regarding my survival in college and life. #college #counselor #coaching...

#support

derek M.’s Avatar
derek M. May 17, 2016

If I want to be a coach, should I start at the youth level?

Would it be better to volunteer for collegiate or professional teams and try and work my way in low positions ie Nick Uren for the Warriors? #basketball #coaching...

#professional-sports

Jackson C.’s Avatar
Jackson C. May 13, 2016

how do you get a career as a coach or in the front office of a professional sports team?

I was wondering how you get a Career working for a professional sports team. I love basketball, I played basketball, and currently coach youth basketball and i love it and want to keep doing it as a career. I like math and stats I look at them everyday and with the new statistics coming into...

#basketball #professional-sports #sports #job-coaching #front-office #coaching

derek M.’s Avatar
derek M. May 04, 2016

What is the general process I should take to become a professional basketball coach?

I am going to be short so while I cannot be a player, I can aspire to be a coach but how do I get there?? Basically, how do I become one (broken down in steps) ?? #basketball...

#coaching

Carter H.’s Avatar
Carter H. Oct 21, 2015

What do I need to become a coach at a high school level and what are the benefits?

Hey, I am a Senior at Norman County West Highschool. I am interested in any sort of highschool coaching job. What kind of pay does a coach get at a highschool level? I don’t know a lot about highschool coaching, but I do know some about sports. Does coaching the game bring you closer to...

#coach #high-school #coaching #football