Career Questions tagged Mentoring

joshua P.’s Avatar
joshua P. Feb 24, 2021 402 views

what would a non profit business look like

I like to be my own boss but have a idea of what im doing like a mentor #non-profit #travel #anthropology #mentoring #entrepreneurship

Jean-Sébatien L.’s Avatar
Jean-Sébatien L. Jan 29, 2021 333 views

Looking for a mentor in the sports industry

I am currently a second year university student in Business Intelligence. My principal fields of interests are communications, analytics and sports management. Thank you #mentoring #sports #marketing #analytics #communications #internship

Hydee L.’s Avatar
Hydee L. Nov 02, 2020 332 views

Looking for a mentor to complete school project

I will be working on a capstone project that I need to graduate from high school. I am planning to study actuarial science in university next year. So I am looking for a mentor who is working as a actuary to give suggestions and advice on my capstone project. #Actuary #mentoring #school...

Faye W.’s Avatar
Faye W. Sep 02, 2020 470 views

What are some of the careers I can choose? I'm a PR student but don't want to work in an agency.

My major is public relations and I've worked at a couple of agencies that specialize in PR, digital marketing, and advertising. As I gained industry experiences, I realized that agency work is probably not a good fit for me. I do like the creative, fast-paced, everyday-is-not-the-same part of...

C L.’s Avatar
C L. Mar 12, 2019 708 views

What are the steps needed to be a UX designer?

From your experience and journey to a UX designer, what online resources & bootcamps you have used to get where you are right now? Which bootcamps or online learning platforms you would recommend for a person w/o much prior knowledge in coding and programming language? Thank you!...

Latasha M.’s Avatar
Latasha M. Aug 23, 2018 528 views

What are scholarships I can earn if I'm planning to enlist in the National Guard?

#mentoring #military #counselor #scholarship opportunities

C L.’s Avatar
C L. Jul 19, 2018 625 views

How long does it take to find your ideal job? (if you've found one)

#jobs #job-search #human-resource #undergraduate #students-problem #advice #mentoring #job-coaching

Pursuing a rewarding career seems to take forever through trials and error.
How long does it take to figure out what's the best fit for you?

Thanks in advance!

Daniel C.’s Avatar
Daniel C. Jun 28, 2018 362 views

Mentor for Technical Engineering

How can I be connected to a mentor in the field of Technical Engineering? #Mentoring

Mia Q.’s Avatar
Mia Q. Apr 29, 2018 601 views

How do you keep people happy in bad conditions?

I am in the marching band at my school. We practice for 6 months in hot South Florida and sometimes people decide to just give up. As a section leader and leader in the band I have a responsibility to keep spirits high when we spend hours outside running around in 100+ degree weather. How do...

Christopher N.’s Avatar
Christopher N. Jan 15, 2018 703 views

Who’s life will I change ?

I am asking this because one day I can change someone’s life in a positive or negative way. No one can tell what I will do in the future. But I also would want to ask this question so I can change my wrongs into rights. My life goal is to change and impact someone’s life in a positive way so...

Angelina P.’s Avatar
Angelina P. May 05, 2017 2005 views

In a medical profession, is it okay to cry in front of your patients and their families?

I'm hoping to become a neonatal nurse someday. I am not especially emotional, but I know that if a baby didn't make it, I might not be able to contain my emotions. So, my question is, is it okay to show your emotions in front of patients and their families? Is it good to do so, to show the...

Mounia M.’s Avatar
Mounia M. Mar 16, 2017 3177 views

What skills do I need to be a good mentor?

I'm curious about becoming a peer mentor to help me gain counseling skills and help me get into the non-profit. #volunteering #counseling #mentoring #personal-development

Mounia M.’s Avatar
Mounia M. Feb 09, 2017 1020 views

What are the best ways to network?

I'm wondering what are the most effective methods of networking? Is volunteering the best or are informational interviews with professionals in my field of choice? I want to gain a network before applying for grad school and find a mentor. #graduate-school #volunteering #networking #mentoring...

Terran  A.’s Avatar
Terran A. Aug 23, 2016 853 views

What does it take to be a successful and productive college student?

I'm preparing for college and I'm just curious about what challenges college throws at you. How can these challenges be avoided. #career-counseling #college-bound #mentoring #academic-advising

Marcus T.’s Avatar
Marcus T. Aug 18, 2016 1034 views

How long would it take me to go into youth ministry- coaching and get enough information to become a part time coach, full time campus life director?

I want to go into youth ministry to teach more kids about jesus, and id also like to become a basketball coach. #leadership #mentoring #coaching #youth #outgoing

Rohith C.’s Avatar
Rohith C. Aug 13, 2016 768 views

Which majors give the highest return ?

I'm a junior in my high school and I have hopes and desires to earn a lot of money when I am older. I would like to know what majors would give a good return before I finalize what I want to pursue. The majors I am interested in include: Finance, Engineering, Computer Science. #money...

Thomas L.’s Avatar
Thomas L. Jul 21, 2016 1014 views

What are some ways I can use my college summers efficiently if I can't get a summer job?

I'm entering my sophomore year in college, and still enjoying my summer. However, I was unable to find myself a steady job this summer (so I've been taking work where I can- moving jobs, pet & house-sitting, yard work, etc..), and have thus been spending all of my free time exercising my...

Matthew W.’s Avatar
Matthew W. Jul 17, 2016 1050 views

New business idea in restaurant industry. What are my next steps?

I'm 19 years old. I have no experience in the restaurant industry. Yet I have an idea. I'm going to spare many details so I'm going to get to the questions: Who should I start talking to? When should I start raising capital? Finding investors? General next/ necessary steps? Any input is...

Matthew W.’s Avatar
Matthew W. Jun 30, 2016 1035 views

How to find a mentor in University?

Hi all. Over the past year I have been reading books, watching youtube videos, and talking with various people on the topics of self-development, entrepreneurship, leadership, etc. However, I'm missing a mentor figure in my life. How do you recommend finding a mentor, whether it be a professor...

Vijayalakshmi S.’s Avatar
Vijayalakshmi S. Jun 28, 2016 871 views

Hi. UG or PG Courses which can Help Part time Jobs and easy to manage

Hi. I am Viji. One of my friend from a Lower background wants to study. But due to Financial problem may not able to Continue. If possible to earn money while studying will help her to do her studies. Help her with some courses which pay Good at part time and easy to under go her studies....

Harthisree T.’s Avatar
Harthisree T. Jun 28, 2016 729 views

Hi I am Harth Sree. Some Details about IIT Courses

Hi . Give me some details about IIT. IIT Courses, Ranking, Recognition, Value when compared to others, Placements, IIT in India #engineer #professor #educator #it #mentoring

Santhosh Kumar M.’s Avatar
Santhosh Kumar M. Jun 27, 2016 900 views

Hai I am Santhosh. What are the basic Qualities does the recruiter look in at the Time of Campus Interview

Hai. I am Santhosh Doing 9th Std. Basically from a Government should Selected Tamil Medium. What are the basic qualities does the recruiter look in at the time of Campus Selection apart from the Studies(Marks). Does a Tamil Medium student would be selected.I am from India(Tamilnadu) #business...

Keerthana U.’s Avatar
Keerthana U. Jun 27, 2016 935 views

Hai. I am Keerthana. Merits and Demerits of starting a new business

Hai. I am Keerthana. Can u Help me about Merits and Demerits of becoming a Business man / Starting a business? What are the areas should be careful when working as a business Man #business #educator #mentoring #environment #business-idea #business-owner

Haripriya M.’s Avatar
Haripriya M. Jun 27, 2016 801 views

Hai I am Haripriya doing my 9th Std . What can I start doing now to ensure I will get a good job when I graduate? or To be selected in a Campus?

Haripriya Doing my 9th std in Govt School from Tamilnadu(India) What can I start doing now to ensure I will get a good job when I complete my graduate? or To be selected in a Campus Interview? #professor #education #educator #mentoring #training #mentors

Janaranjini T.’s Avatar
Janaranjini T. Jun 27, 2016 755 views

Hi, I am Jana . Work experience gained at IT Field can be done by Working in a Concerns for many Years or Shifting to other concerns with the offers.

Working in a one concerns(IT Field) for many years will gain Work Experience and Knowledge or can shift to other concerns whenever there is an offer. Which is the Best for Product knowledge, experience, Quality output. #professor #educator #software #it #mentoring #software-engineer

Mutharasi S.’s Avatar
Mutharasi S. Jun 25, 2016 885 views

Degrees and Job Opportunities in IT Field

Hai. I am Mutharasi. I am interested in IT Field. I have opted Computer Science Group Doing My 11th Std. What are the Degree's which support IT Field and the Job Opportunities in India(Tamil Nadu). Apart From Engineering. Pls Let me know the UG and PG courses of field. #professor #computer...

Ramya K.’s Avatar
Ramya K. Jun 24, 2016 829 views

How many Years to Complete Gynecologist

Hi . I am interested in Doctor. How many year will take to become a gynecologist /Cardiologist. As a girl which is best to select gynecologist or Cardiologist. Which suits me. Both I am Interested. #doctor #professor #educator #mentoring

Gokilapriya M.’s Avatar
Gokilapriya M. Jun 24, 2016 743 views

Hai. My sister has done her Diploma in Electronics and Communication Engg. Later she joined For a Job in many concerns. To Do UN What is Best Degree to choose

Hai. My sister has done her Diploma in ECE.. Later she joined For a Job and worked in many concerns. At present she works in Education related company as a trainer. She wants to do UG course in part time for her Higher posting. What Degree to Choose. BA Literature or BSC. Pls help to choose....

Nuzhath  S.’s Avatar
Nuzhath S. Jun 23, 2016 707 views

I want to become a professional teacher and want to teach in some foreign country. I am from India. what would be the courses to become a professional teacher and teach abroad.

want to teach in a foreign country and want to know the further steps. #teaching #teacher #professor #mentoring #non-profits #immigration #immigration-law

Gnanam Sowindariya M.’s Avatar
Gnanam Sowindariya M. Jun 22, 2016 1571 views

Entrance Cut off marks for a doctor. Studying Doctor in India or abroad which is the Best

Hai. i am Gnanam. I want to become a doctor. Pls tell me the Entrance cut off marks to Join a doctor in India. Studying Doctor in India /abroad which is easy and which is the Best. #doctor #teaching #teacher #professor #educator #counseling #mentoring