Career Questions tagged Mentoring

Cindy L.’s Avatar
Cindy L. Mar 12

What are the steps needed to be a UX designer?

From your experience and journey to a UX designer, what online resources & bootcamps you have used to get where you are right now? Which bootcamps or online learning platforms you would recommend for a person w/o much prior knowledge in coding and programming language? Thank you!...

#technology #mentoring #ux #industryprofessionals #design #coaching #computer #computer-science #uxdesign #userexperience #jobs #career #programming #computer-software

Cindy L.’s Avatar
Cindy L. Jul 19, 2018

How long does it take to find your ideal job? (if you've found one)

#jobs #job-search #human-resource #undergraduate #students-problem #advice #mentoring #job-coaching Pursuing a rewarding career seems to take forever through trials and error. How long does it take to figure out what's the best fit for you? Thanks in...

Daniel C.’s Avatar
Daniel C. Jun 28, 2018

Mentor for Technical Engineering

How can I be connected to a mentor in the field of Technical Engineering?...

#mentoring

Mia Q.’s Avatar
Mia Q. Apr 29, 2018

How do you keep people happy in bad conditions?

I am in the marching band at my school. We practice for 6 months in hot South Florida and sometimes people decide to just give up. As a section leader and leader in the band I have a responsibility to keep spirits high when we spend hours outside running around in 100+ degree weather. How do...

#inspiration #mentoring #happy

Christopher N.’s Avatar
Christopher N. Jan 15, 2018

Who’s life will I change ?

I am asking this because one day I can change someone’s life in a positive or negative way. No one can tell what I will do in the future. But I also would want to ask this question so I can change my wrongs into rights. My life goal is to change and impact someone’s life in a positive way so...

#counseling #happiness #school-counseling #mentoring

Mounia M.’s Avatar
Mounia M. Mar 16, 2017

What skills do I need to be a good mentor?

I'm curious about becoming a peer mentor to help me gain counseling skills and help me get into the non-profit. #volunteering #counseling #mentoring...

#personal-development

Rohith C.’s Avatar
Rohith C. Aug 13, 2016

Which majors give the highest return ?

I'm a junior in my high school and I have hopes and desires to earn a lot of money when I am older. I would like to know what majors would give a good return before I finalize what I want to pursue. The majors I am interested in include: Finance, Engineering, Computer Science. #money...

#mentoring #future #college-majors #salary #financial-planning #statistics

Angelina P.’s Avatar
Angelina P. May 05, 2017

In a medical profession, is it okay to cry in front of your patients and their families?

I'm hoping to become a neonatal nurse someday. I am not especially emotional, but I know that if a baby didn't make it, I might not be able to contain my emotions. So, my question is, is it okay to show your emotions in front of patients and their families? Is it good to do so, to show the...

#nursing #professional-training #mentoring #medicine #healthcare

Mounia M.’s Avatar
Mounia M. Feb 09, 2017

What are the best ways to network?

I'm wondering what are the most effective methods of networking? Is volunteering the best or are informational interviews with professionals in my field of choice? I want to gain a network before applying for grad school and find a mentor. #graduate-school #volunteering #networking #mentoring...

#professional-mentoring #professional-training #professional-development

Terran  A.’s Avatar
Terran A. Aug 23, 2016

What does it take to be a successful and productive college student?

I'm preparing for college and I'm just curious about what challenges college throws at you. How can these challenges be avoided. #career-counseling #college-bound #mentoring...

#academic-advising

Marcus T.’s Avatar
Marcus T. Aug 18, 2016

How long would it take me to go into youth ministry- coaching and get enough information to become a part time coach, full time campus life director?

I want to go into youth ministry to teach more kids about jesus, and id also like to become a basketball coach. #leadership #mentoring #coaching #youth...

#outgoing

Thomas L.’s Avatar
Thomas L. Jul 21, 2016

What are some ways I can use my college summers efficiently if I can't get a summer job?

I'm entering my sophomore year in college, and still enjoying my summer. However, I was unable to find myself a steady job this summer (so I've been taking work where I can- moving jobs, pet & house-sitting, yard work, etc..), and have thus been spending all of my free time exercising my...

#creative #mentoring #higher-education #counseling #e-learning #time-management #academic-advising #education

Matthew W.’s Avatar
Matthew W. Jul 17, 2016

New business idea in restaurant industry. What are my next steps?

I'm 19 years old. I have no experience in the restaurant industry. Yet I have an idea. I'm going to spare many details so I'm going to get to the questions: Who should I start talking to? When should I start raising capital? Finding investors? General next/ necessary steps? Any input is...

#restaurants #business-idea #mentoring #entrepreneurship #advice #capital #help

Matthew W.’s Avatar
Matthew W. Jun 30, 2016

How to find a mentor in University?

Hi all. Over the past year I have been reading books, watching youtube videos, and talking with various people on the topics of self-development, entrepreneurship, leadership, etc. However, I'm missing a mentor figure in my life. How do you recommend finding a mentor, whether it be a professor...

#mentoring #leadership #advice

Vijayalakshmi S.’s Avatar
Vijayalakshmi S. Jun 28, 2016

Hi. UG or PG Courses which can Help Part time Jobs and easy to manage

Hi. I am Viji. One of my friend from a Lower background wants to study. But due to Financial problem may not able to Continue. If possible to earn money while studying will help her to do her studies. Help her with some courses which pay Good at part time and easy to under go her studies....

#teaching #educator #engineer #mentoring #professor #engineers

Harthisree T.’s Avatar
Harthisree T. Jun 28, 2016

Hi I am Harth Sree. Some Details about IIT Courses

Hi . Give me some details about IIT. IIT Courses, Ranking, Recognition, Value when compared to others, Placements, IIT in India #engineer #professor #educator #it...

#mentoring

Ramya S.’s Avatar
Ramya S. May 07, 2016

Work profile of a Police and Army? Major risks in both the area.

Hi,I am Ramya. I am studying in 11 std. Would like to know the work profile of a police and army in India. Area of risk in both. #educator #police #military #police-officer #mentoring #army #police-academy...

#armed-forces

Santhosh Kumar M.’s Avatar
Santhosh Kumar M. Jun 27, 2016

Hai I am Santhosh. What are the basic Qualities does the recruiter look in at the Time of Campus Interview

Hai. I am Santhosh Doing 9th Std. Basically from a Government should Selected Tamil Medium. What are the basic qualities does the recruiter look in at the time of Campus Selection apart from the Studies(Marks). Does a Tamil Medium student would be selected.I am from India(Tamilnadu) #business...

#mentoring #professor #teaching #educator #education #it #recruiter

Keerthana U.’s Avatar
Keerthana U. Jun 27, 2016

Hai. I am Keerthana. Merits and Demerits of starting a new business

Hai. I am Keerthana. Can u Help me about Merits and Demerits of becoming a Business man / Starting a business? What are the areas should be careful when working as a business Man #business #educator #mentoring #environment #business-idea...

#business-owner

Haripriya M.’s Avatar
Haripriya M. Jun 27, 2016

Hai I am Haripriya doing my 9th Std . What can I start doing now to ensure I will get a good job when I graduate? or To be selected in a Campus?

Haripriya Doing my 9th std in Govt School from Tamilnadu(India) What can I start doing now to ensure I will get a good job when I complete my graduate? or To be selected in a Campus Interview? #professor #education #educator #mentoring #training...

#mentors

Janaranjini T.’s Avatar
Janaranjini T. Jun 27, 2016

Hi, I am Jana . Work experience gained at IT Field can be done by Working in a Concerns for many Years or Shifting to other concerns with the offers.

Working in a one concerns(IT Field) for many years will gain Work Experience and Knowledge or can shift to other concerns whenever there is an offer. Which is the Best for Product knowledge, experience, Quality output. #professor #educator #software #it #mentoring...

#software-engineer

Mutharasi S.’s Avatar
Mutharasi S. Jun 25, 2016

Degrees and Job Opportunities in IT Field

Hai. I am Mutharasi. I am interested in IT Field. I have opted Computer Science Group Doing My 11th Std. What are the Degree's which support IT Field and the Job Opportunities in India(Tamil Nadu). Apart From Engineering. Pls Let me know the UG and PG courses of field. #professor #computer...

#mentoring #technical #educator #education #it

Ramya K.’s Avatar
Ramya K. Jun 24, 2016

How many Years to Complete Gynecologist

Hi . I am interested in Doctor. How many year will take to become a gynecologist /Cardiologist. As a girl which is best to select gynecologist or Cardiologist. Which suits me. Both I am Interested. #doctor #professor #educator...

#mentoring

Gokilapriya M.’s Avatar
Gokilapriya M. Jun 24, 2016

Hai. My sister has done her Diploma in Electronics and Communication Engg. Later she joined For a Job in many concerns. To Do UN What is Best Degree to choose

Hai. My sister has done her Diploma in ECE.. Later she joined For a Job and worked in many concerns. At present she works in Education related company as a trainer. She wants to do UG course in part time for her Higher posting. What Degree to Choose. BA Literature or BSC. Pls help to choose....

#teaching #educator #mentoring #counseling #professor #counselling #teacher

keerthana B.’s Avatar
keerthana B. Apr 25, 2016

Improving professional, Presentation and Life skills?

Hai! iam keerthana . How to improve my Profession, Presentation and life skills. #teaching #teacher #professor #education #school #educator #mentoring...

#counselling

keerthana B.’s Avatar
keerthana B. Apr 26, 2016

What are the qualification noted in the Campus interview in India?

Hi What are the basic Qualification required which meets in the Campus selection.How to Improve those skills #teaching #professor #educator #counseling...

#mentoring

Gnanam Sowindariya M.’s Avatar
Gnanam Sowindariya M. Jun 22, 2016

Entrance Cut off marks for a doctor. Studying Doctor in India or abroad which is the Best

Hai. i am Gnanam. I want to become a doctor. Pls tell me the Entrance cut off marks to Join a doctor in India. Studying Doctor in India /abroad which is easy and which is the Best. #doctor #teaching #teacher #professor #educator #counseling...

#mentoring

vijayakumar G.’s Avatar
vijayakumar G. Jun 20, 2016

Switching over from Engineer to Police is it easy

Hi,i am vijayakumar. Completing Engineer and switching over police is it possible. Is that easy to prepare myself for police training #computer-science #educator #police-officer #mentoring...

#counselling

vijayakumar G.’s Avatar
vijayakumar G. Jun 18, 2016

Hai I am doing my th Standard. Interested in Computer Engg. What are the extra courses to be taken before completing 12th Std. Which will be helpful for My engg.

Hi,my ambition is computer engineer. Can u pls help me to take courses offered and which is the best to study before joining the College which helps in my computer Engineering #engineer #teaching #teacher #professor #educator #mentoring...

#technical