Career Questions tagged Analytics

Danielle M.’s Avatar
Danielle M. Apr 22 292 views

What’s a day in the life of a clinical data analyst?

I am a medical technologist looking to get into the field of data analytics, particularly for healthcare and/or clinical research. I am curious what a day in the life of a clinical data analyst is like and what skills you find most important? data analytics clinical...

healthcare

Jean-Sébatien L.’s Avatar
Jean-Sébatien L. Jan 29 202 views

Looking for a mentor in the sports industry

I am currently a second year university student in Business Intelligence. My principal fields of interests are communications, analytics and sports management. Thank you mentoring sports marketing analytics communications...

internship

Jean-Sébatien L.’s Avatar
Jean-Sébatien L. Jan 26 144 views

How do I make my marks in the sports industry?

I am currently a second year university student in Business Intelligence. My principal fields of interests are communications, analytics and sports management. Thank you sports analytics...

communications

Elizabeth H.’s Avatar
Elizabeth H. Nov 19, 2020 394 views

Which online learning communities would you recommend for gaining more business knowledge?

I am an accounting student, who would like to find an online learning community that would help me broaden my business knowledge, such as analytics, software programs, finances, economics, and other nonaccounting areas of business. I am very interested in this information at an international...

international economics business analytics

Ethan A.’s Avatar
Ethan A. Mar 25, 2020 483 views

With COVID-19 happening, how can I get a job in the following fields: data, analytics, or business?

I am a college freshman who has experience in all three of these fields through internships, research positions, and other leadership opportunities. I'm wondering how the virus will effect me being able to get a job/internship in the future? covid-19 data-science analytics data-analytics...

business

David M.’s Avatar
David M. May 30, 2019 431 views

What's the best way to study for my college business prerequisites?

Accounting and data analytics seem like very daunting courses. Should I worry? business accounting data analytics...

financial-accounting

Dagmawit D.’s Avatar
Dagmawit D. Mar 31, 2018 1027 views
Albert P.’s Avatar
Albert P. Jan 23, 2018 726 views

How do I get started in the field of data science/big data/machine learning?

I'm a third year computer science major, and I've been trying to learn more about data science/big data/machine learning. There aren't any classes offered at the college that I'm attending that cover these topics, and I'm a little lost as to how I would get started in any of these fields. What...

software-engineering engineering analytics data-analysis computer-software big-data computer-engineering data-science machine-learning

Danny L.’s Avatar
Danny L. Dec 27, 2017 795 views

What software do market analysts use?

Hi everyone, I want to invest my winter break into learning a new skill. What softwares do market research analysts use? I know they would use some VBAs and will vary depending on the firm and market they are in, but what would you recommend me to learn over the next three weeks? What online...

databases statistics analytics data-analysis computer-software research marketing market-research business-analysis vba software e-learning

Bridget S.’s Avatar
Bridget S. Feb 24, 2017 855 views

What are the differences between Finance and Accounting majors?

What is the differentiating material and curriculum that makes the distinction? A compare and contrast/ pros con list would be appreciated business finance accounting cpa...

analytics

Brodrick P.’s Avatar
Brodrick P. Mar 15, 2016 985 views

Can you give me some tips and/or resources that will help me start to develop good analytical skills now, in high school?

I want to prepare for a career in finance but I'm not sure how to start doing that now, while still in high school, to get ahead of the game. What did you do to become proficient in analytics? Are there books you recommend I read? Website I could use? Thanks you in advance! finance...

investing financial-services investment-management analytics