Career Questions tagged Analytics

David M.’s Avatar
David M. May 30, 2019 152 views

What's the best way to study for my college business prerequisites?

Accounting and data analytics seem like very daunting courses. Should I worry? #business #accounting #data #analytics...

#financial-accounting

Dagmawit D.’s Avatar
Dagmawit D. Mar 31, 2018 674 views

How will the field of education be affected by data science?

I am asking this because I am interested in becoming an instructional designer. #education #data-science...

#analytics

Albert P.’s Avatar
Albert P. Jan 23, 2018 446 views

How do I get started in the field of data science/big data/machine learning?

I'm a third year computer science major, and I've been trying to learn more about data science/big data/machine learning. There aren't any classes offered at the college that I'm attending that cover these topics, and I'm a little lost as to how I would get started in any of these fields. What...

#data-analysis #computer-engineering #big-data #computer-software #machine-learning #analytics #data-science #software-engineering #engineering

Danny L.’s Avatar
Danny L. Dec 27, 2017 554 views

What software do market analysts use?

Hi everyone, I want to invest my winter break into learning a new skill. What softwares do market research analysts use? I know they would use some VBAs and will vary depending on the firm and market they are in, but what would you recommend me to learn over the next three weeks? What online...

#e-learning #statistics #analytics #vba #market-research #business-analysis #computer-software #research #marketing #databases #software #data-analysis

Bridget S.’s Avatar
Bridget S. Feb 24, 2017 639 views

What are the differences between Finance and Accounting majors?

What is the differentiating material and curriculum that makes the distinction? A compare and contrast/ pros con list would be appreciated #business #finance #accounting #cpa...

#analytics

Brodrick P.’s Avatar
Brodrick P. Mar 15, 2016 759 views

Can you give me some tips and/or resources that will help me start to develop good analytical skills now, in high school?

I want to prepare for a career in finance but I'm not sure how to start doing that now, while still in high school, to get ahead of the game. What did you do to become proficient in analytics? Are there books you recommend I read? Website I could use? Thanks you in advance! #finance...

#investment-management #financial-services #analytics #investing

Sarah T.’s Avatar
Sarah T. Apr 15, 2014 1448 views

Hi, I'd like to know how a day in the life of a typical operations researcher is. Also, how you got there.

I was really interested in this field and would like to know more. #management #consulting #operations...

#analytics