Career Questions tagged Baseball

Yitz T.’s Avatar
Yitz T. May 06

As a High Schooler who wants to work in baseball operations what's the best degree to get to have the best shot at getting into the business?

I've heard multiple different choices like Computer Science and Mathematics, to economics. The main one I've heard is Sports Management but I have also heard it is a complete waste of time. #baseball #management #college...

#degree

Yitz T.’s Avatar
Yitz T. May 06

As a High Schooler who wants to work in baseball operations what's the best way to get in the business while still in high school?

Looking for things to read or learn, internships available during the summer only, or who to get in touch with. #baseball...

#managment

Cristobal S.’s Avatar
Cristobal S. Apr 05, 2018
Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Jun 20, 2018

How to become a major league baseball player?

I'm a CareerVillage staff member and I'm posting this because we know that many young people are looking for the answer to this question. This is among the most popular questions searched by youth, and we're hoping you will take a moment to share your response to it. Thank you! #baseball...

#sports #pro-sports #pro-athlete #athletics #athlete

Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Jun 20, 2018

Best junior college baseball programs to become a professional athlete?

I'm a CareerVillage staff member and I'm posting this because we know that many young people are looking for the answer to this question. This is among the most popular questions searched by youth, and we're hoping you will take a moment to share your response to it. Thank you! #college...

#baseball #junior-college #sports

Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Jun 20, 2018

How to become a major league umpire?

I'm a CareerVillage staff member and I'm posting this because we know that many young people are looking for the answer to this question. This is among the most popular questions searched by youth, and we're hoping you will take a moment to share your response to it. Thank you! #sports...

#professional-athlete #baseball #pro-sports #athletics #umpire

Lindsey D.’s Avatar
Lindsey D. Apr 11, 2018

How much do major league umpires make?

A few of my friends really want to become MLB umpires but aren't sure how much they make annually. Does this differ depending on the team and where in the U.S. you are or is it pretty much the same for every professional umpire? #baseball #umpire #professional-sports...

#sports

Raheem  D.’s Avatar
Raheem D. Feb 10, 2017

if i was to play baseball but had barely any knowledge about it will i still be able to play if i was planning to learn?

I played baseball in the back yards of my friends house and i thought i was getting good but i don't have barely any professional knowledge about it of any sort. but i want to know about it and possibly make it a career for me #sports #sports-management #baseball #athletics...

Jeremy B.’s Avatar
Jeremy B. Sep 29, 2017

What is the best way to get a summer internship with a major league baseball team?

My career goal is to be on the operations side of a MLB team, with the ultimate of being the president of the organization. I love baseball! #baseball #sports #sports-management...

#internships

Raheem  D.’s Avatar
Raheem D. Feb 10, 2017

if i played baseball for a school, what equipment will i have to buy for the games and how much will it cost

some schools provides the players with equipment for the games but i have also heard that you will have to buy the gloves and the bats and some times other equipment, is this true....and if so can you tell me what it is i need to buy and how much it will cost #baseball #sport...

#equipment

Samir F.’s Avatar
Samir F. Oct 31, 2016

How can you use a statistics major in the field of sports?

I have an interest in statistics and baseball. Is there any way to utilize the major in the sport? #statistics...

#baseball

Robbie B.’s Avatar
Robbie B. Aug 17, 2016

How hard is it to find a job in professional baseball, specifically a position where i can advance to a higher up position in the front office.

I'm a junior in high school, and i live and breath baseball; I'm interested in majoring in sports management and I'm curious about the difficulty to land a job in the field. #sports-management #baseball #scouting...

#mlb

Robbie B.’s Avatar
Robbie B. Aug 17, 2016

What is the best way to secure an internship, or scouting job, with an MLB team out of college?

I'm interested in working in scouting, and eventually doing higher up front office work for MLB teams. #professional #baseball #scouting #mlb...

#scout

Ben  L.’s Avatar
Ben L. Aug 13, 2016

How do I become a camera man at professional sports events?

I think it would super fun to be a camera man at NFL, NBA, or NHL game. What does it take? #sports #football #basketball #baseball #video-production #espn...

#camera

Tyler  S.’s Avatar
Tyler S. May 24, 2016

If I have an undecided major, what classes should I take my freshman year of college?

I am going to be a college freshman but am undecided about what my major is. I would love to play baseball professionally and will be playing baseball in college. #teaching #teacher #majors #students #undecided #baseball...

#coaches

Tyler  S.’s Avatar
Tyler S. May 24, 2016

What classes should I take if I want to get into sports management?

I am going to be a college freshman, my dream would be to play baseball professionally but I have to be realistic and know that I need my college degree to be successful. #baseball #athletes...

#coaches

Juan R.’s Avatar
Juan R. May 24, 2016

what degrees do baseball players get

I want to be a baseball player and i dont know what to do...

#baseball

Alexis W.’s Avatar
Alexis W. May 24, 2016

Is it hard to find a job with baseball teams?

I want to get on with a minor league or a Major League Baseball team whatever way I can because I love baseball #sports #sports-management #baseball #sports-broadcasting...

#broadcasting

Courtney B.’s Avatar
Courtney B. May 10, 2016

What types of careers are there in the sports industry?

I know there are things like sports agents, journalism, etc. But is there a good market for other types of careers in the sports industries? People always say to get a career in something you love, and I love sports. It's something I am the most passionate about. I don't think I am cut out to...

#baseball #sports-industry #sports #football #wrestling

Mason H.’s Avatar
Mason H. Jan 28, 2016

i want to be three jobs baseball player or game warden or hunting and fishing guide what would be a good starter job?

i am a 6th grader and I want to start off good in my life I want to know which of the following would be a good starter job for a high school or college student. #college #general #baseball #hunting...

#fishing

Peyton F.’s Avatar
Peyton F. Nov 03, 2015

How can I become a pro baseball player?

I love baseball i play spring and fall, my name is Peyton #sports #professional-sports...

#baseball

Peyton F.’s Avatar
Peyton F. Oct 27, 2015

Do you have to play college baseball to go to MLB ?

I love baseball I play it spring and fall thx for help...

#baseball

Adam T.’s Avatar
Adam T. Oct 22, 2015

What college is good if I want to play basketball?

I am in 6th grade and I want to play basketball when I am older. Any help is great. #sports #basketball...

#baseball

Rfernandez13NFTEBOSS .’s Avatar
Rfernandez13NFTEBOSS . Jan 19, 2012

how to become a professional baseball player

I am 17 years old, I am a junior in high school and I have played varsity baseball since my freshmen year. I was wondering, Is it easier to become a pro baseball player if I go to a junior college instead of a four year? #sports...

#baseball