Career Questions tagged College Life

CV Office Hours .’s Avatar
CV Office Hours . Apr 19, 2021 206 views

Can you tell me about your typical day in college?

Office Hours #4: AMA (Ask Me Anything) with Mark Eagle This question was posed by a question during one of our most recent "CareerVillage Office Hours" sessions. During Office Hours sessions, we invite students to pose questions related to a specific topic. In this case, the topic was...

college university education college-life

Emily S.’s Avatar
Emily S. Jul 28, 2020 160 views

Networking with sorority sisters

I was fortunate to pledge a wonderful sorority while on campus and I am now completing my degree online in an apartment far from campus with a different school. What is the best way to stay active as an alum and maintain my sorority contacts? July20 college-life...

greekalum

mary K.’s Avatar
mary K. Aug 24, 2018 322 views
franziska B.’s Avatar
franziska B. Jan 22, 2018 471 views

How long does it take to adjust to a university located in a large city?

I currently live in a small/medium city, but many of the schools I applied to are located in very large cities. I'm wondering how overwhelming it can be to move someone so different than what I'm used to. moving personal-development dorm-life...

college-life

Damien C.’s Avatar
Damien C. Apr 20, 2018 382 views

What are common mistakes, in college, that are easy to avoid?

We all roughly face the same obstacles and challenges during our college education. However, it can be quite difficult sometimes to face them without any advices. Learning from others' past mistakes can be a positive way to avoid those mistakes and to focus more on the education aspect than...

tricks college student-life college-life guidance

Emily S.’s Avatar
Emily S. Jul 10, 2018 438 views

Dorm, on campus living; vs apartment,off campus living...

campus college-life college-advice residence-life transferstudent I have orientation for transfer students coming up and will most likely be commuting for at least my first semester. The reason being, I don't want too much debt when I get out of college, and also, I would like to meet...

Chalee M.’s Avatar
Chalee M. May 10, 2018 383 views

Are there any colleges that do not allow sandals?

They’re comfortable !!! I really enjoy being comfortable while sitting in a classroom all day! college-selection...

college-life

Samantha N.’s Avatar
Samantha N. Jan 16, 2018 497 views
Greta M.’s Avatar
Greta M. Jan 16, 2018 494 views

What universities have the most precautions in place to reduce sexual assault on campus?

Sexual assault is a huge problem on so many campuses and often the victims are not supported and even blamed. I wat to be on a safe campus but statistics about this subject when researching colleges, are hard to find or nonexistent. What are the safest campuses in regards to this issue?...

college safety college-life sexual-assault-awareness

keysharerah W.’s Avatar
keysharerah W. Jan 16, 2018 517 views

what is life like in college?

I know that moving away from home is scary, but I don't know what to expect. college life-transitions...

college-life

keshya C.’s Avatar
keshya C. Mar 26, 2018 365 views

how can i meet people in college?

in high school i was very quiet and by myself most of the time. i want my college experience to be different and i also want to have people to go to if i need advice or help with my classes....

college-life

Margaret C.’s Avatar
Margaret C. Jan 23, 2018 368 views

What is the best way to prepare for college besides academics?

I'll be attending college soon and I'd like to know what to prepare for and how to prepare for it. I hear that college is very different from high school and you need different skills to navigate it. college...

college-life

Margaret C.’s Avatar
Margaret C. Jan 23, 2018 424 views

How do I know if a university is too academically challenging for me?

I'm a senior in high school and I'm trying to decide what college to attend. I would like to double major in psychology and a foreign language, as well as participate in activities like sailing, equestrian, and dancing. I'm worried it might be too much. How can I get a feel for a particular...

college-selection college-life college college-advice college-major student-activities

Noelia R.’s Avatar
Noelia R. Jan 13, 2018 387 views

What did your college experience provide you?

What are ways college changed you and/or your point of view on something? Most importantly, did you enjoy college? college college-life learning...

life-experience

Noelia R.’s Avatar
Noelia R. Jan 13, 2018 430 views

What's a good college study routine?

There are many different ways to study in college but i've heard that spending hours staring at material isn't very effective. What would be a good study plan to follow when studying for an important college exam/quiz? Should there be breaks, if so how many and of what duration? college-life...

studying-tips study-skills time-management

banita T.’s Avatar
banita T. Sep 01, 2017 670 views

What's it's like being in college?

everybody always says its fun and you get to do what you want but is it really all that's it cracked up to be. I wanna make the right decision and I know I have to experience it for myself but I still would Love some people opinions on it.college-life college...

college-advice

Anina H.’s Avatar
Anina H. Aug 19, 2016 1170 views

How do you make a lot of friends in college?

I didn't make that many friends in high school so I was wondering how to do that in college....

college-life

Amanda V.’s Avatar
Amanda V. Jul 19, 2016 808 views

What are some things you wished you did back in college?

What I'm wondering is, do you regret not joining more clubs or taking certain classes you were curious about taking or just overall spending more time on campus to see what else the campus offered the students? college...

college-life