Career Questions tagged College Life

Henry L.’s Avatar
Henry L. May 17 80 views
mary K.’s Avatar
mary K. Aug 24, 2018 192 views
franziska B.’s Avatar
franziska B. Jan 22, 2018 293 views

How long does it take to adjust to a university located in a large city?

I currently live in a small/medium city, but many of the schools I applied to are located in very large cities. I'm wondering how overwhelming it can be to move someone so different than what I'm used to. #moving #personal-development #dorm-life...

#college-life

Damien C.’s Avatar
Damien C. Apr 20, 2018 226 views

What are common mistakes, in college, that are easy to avoid?

We all roughly face the same #obstacles and #challenges during our college education. However, it can be quite difficult sometimes to face them without any #advices. Learning from others' past #mistakes can be a positive way to avoid those mistakes and to focus more on the education aspect than...

#college #student-life #guidance #tricks #college-life

Emily S.’s Avatar
Emily S. Jul 10, 2018 245 views

Dorm, on campus living; vs apartment,off campus living...

#campus #college-life #college-advice #residence-life #transferstudent I have orientation for transfer students coming up and will most likely be commuting for at least my first semester. The reason being, I don't want too much debt when I get out of college, and also, I would like to meet...

rebecca T.’s Avatar
rebecca T. May 25, 2018 318 views
Chalee M.’s Avatar
Chalee M. May 10, 2018 253 views

Are there any colleges that do not allow sandals?

They’re comfortable !!! I really enjoy being comfortable while sitting in a classroom all day! #college-selection...

#college-life

Samantha N.’s Avatar
Samantha N. Jan 16, 2018 312 views

What is the hardest part about being away from home while in college?

I am considering going out of state for college. #college #college-life...

#life-transitions

Greta M.’s Avatar
Greta M. Jan 16, 2018 296 views

What universities have the most precautions in place to reduce sexual assault on campus?

Sexual assault is a huge problem on so many campuses and often the victims are not supported and even blamed. I wat to be on a safe campus but statistics about this subject when researching colleges, are hard to find or nonexistent. What are the safest campuses in regards to this issue?...

#sexual-assault-awareness #college-life #safety #college

keysharerah W.’s Avatar
keysharerah W. Jan 16, 2018 340 views

what is life like in college?

I know that moving away from home is scary, but I don't know what to expect. #college #life-transitions...

#college-life

keshya C.’s Avatar
keshya C. Mar 26, 2018 221 views

how can i meet people in college?

in high school i was very quiet and by myself most of the time. i want my college experience to be different and i also want to have people to go to if i need advice or help with my classes....

#college-life

Margaret C.’s Avatar
Margaret C. Jan 23, 2018 229 views

What is the best way to prepare for college besides academics?

I'll be attending college soon and I'd like to know what to prepare for and how to prepare for it. I hear that college is very different from high school and you need different skills to navigate it. #college...

#college-life

Margaret C.’s Avatar
Margaret C. Jan 23, 2018 311 views

How do I know if a university is too academically challenging for me?

I'm a senior in high school and I'm trying to decide what college to attend. I would like to double major in psychology and a foreign language, as well as participate in activities like sailing, equestrian, and dancing. I'm worried it might be too much. How can I get a feel for a particular...

#college-life #college #college-advice #college-selection #college-major #student-activities

Noelia R.’s Avatar
Noelia R. Jan 13, 2018 280 views

What did your college experience provide you?

What are ways college changed you and/or your point of view on something? Most importantly, did you enjoy college? #college #college-life #learning...

#life-experience

Noelia R.’s Avatar
Noelia R. Jan 13, 2018 285 views

What's a good college study routine?

There are many different ways to study in college but i've heard that spending hours staring at material isn't very effective. What would be a good study plan to follow when studying for an important college exam/quiz? Should there be breaks, if so how many and of what duration? #college-life...

#study-skills #time-management #studying-tips

banita T.’s Avatar
banita T. Sep 01, 2017 514 views

What's it's like being in college?

everybody always says its fun and you get to do what you want but is it really all that's it cracked up to be. I wanna make the right decision and I know I have to experience it for myself but I still would Love some people opinions on it.#college-life #college...

#college-advice

Anina H.’s Avatar
Anina H. Aug 19, 2016 972 views

How do you make a lot of friends in college?

I didn't make that many friends in high school so I was wondering how to do that in college....

#college-life

Amanda V.’s Avatar
Amanda V. Jul 19, 2016 613 views

What are some things you wished you did back in college?

What I'm wondering is, do you regret not joining more clubs or taking certain classes you were curious about taking or just overall spending more time on campus to see what else the campus offered the students? #college...

#college-life

Sabrina S.’s Avatar
Sabrina S. May 26, 2016 377 views

What should I pack for college dorming life?

I'm new to college and am very open to suggestions on what to pack that would be appropriate and aloud on a college campus. #college-life...

#packing

Sabrina S.’s Avatar
Sabrina S. May 26, 2016 677 views

What kind of things should I pack for college?

I am dorming at the college of my choice and am open to any good suggestions on whats good and not good to pack. #college...

#college-life

Joshua P.’s Avatar
Joshua P. May 20, 2016 453 views

Is it better to piuck a roomate or get a random one?

I am personally doing this at the moment and am entering my first year of college and don't know anyone, so I need some help....

#college-life

Rachel R.’s Avatar
Rachel R. May 19, 2016 398 views

Should I stay on campus?

I can't afford to stay on campus but my mom is offering to pay for my room and board. #college-life...

#campus

Brynna S.’s Avatar
Brynna S. May 18, 2016 352 views

Is living on campus when you have the option to live at home a smart decision?

I want to become an independent person and feel what it's like to live away from my parents, but the university I will be attending for my Bachelor's is in the same city that I currently live in and my mom's office is down the street from campus. I know it would save me money and I don't know...

#on-campus #scholarships #housing #money #college-life