Career Questions tagged College Life

mary K.’s Avatar
mary K. Aug 24, 2018 138 views
franziska B.’s Avatar
franziska B. Jan 22, 2018 227 views

How long does it take to adjust to a university located in a large city?

I currently live in a small/medium city, but many of the schools I applied to are located in very large cities. I'm wondering how overwhelming it can be to move someone so different than what I'm used to. #moving #personal-development #dorm-life...

#college-life

Damien C.’s Avatar
Damien C. Apr 20, 2018 168 views

What are common mistakes, in college, that are easy to avoid?

We all roughly face the same #obstacles and #challenges during our college education. However, it can be quite difficult sometimes to face them without any #advices. Learning from others' past #mistakes can be a positive way to avoid those mistakes and to focus more on the education aspect than...

#college-life #student-life #college #guidance #tricks

Emily S.’s Avatar
Emily S. Jul 10, 2018 169 views

Dorm, on campus living; vs apartment,off campus living...

#campus #college-life #college-advice #residence-life #transferstudent I have orientation for transfer students coming up and will most likely be commuting for at least my first semester. The reason being, I don't want too much debt when I get out of college, and also, I would like to meet...

rebecca T.’s Avatar
rebecca T. May 25, 2018 234 views
Chalee M.’s Avatar
Chalee M. May 10, 2018 191 views

Are there any colleges that do not allow sandals?

They’re comfortable !!! I really enjoy being comfortable while sitting in a classroom all day! #college-selection...

#college-life

Samantha N.’s Avatar
Samantha N. Jan 16, 2018 242 views

What is the hardest part about being away from home while in college?

I am considering going out of state for college. #college #college-life...

#life-transitions

Greta M.’s Avatar
Greta M. Jan 16, 2018 164 views

What universities have the most precautions in place to reduce sexual assault on campus?

Sexual assault is a huge problem on so many campuses and often the victims are not supported and even blamed. I wat to be on a safe campus but statistics about this subject when researching colleges, are hard to find or nonexistent. What are the safest campuses in regards to this issue?...

#sexual-assault-awareness #college #safety #college-life

keysharerah W.’s Avatar
keysharerah W. Jan 16, 2018 275 views

what is life like in college?

I know that moving away from home is scary, but I don't know what to expect. #college #life-transitions...

#college-life

keshya C.’s Avatar
keshya C. Mar 26, 2018 177 views

how can i meet people in college?

in high school i was very quiet and by myself most of the time. i want my college experience to be different and i also want to have people to go to if i need advice or help with my classes....

#college-life

Margaret C.’s Avatar
Margaret C. Jan 23, 2018 183 views

What is the best way to prepare for college besides academics?

I'll be attending college soon and I'd like to know what to prepare for and how to prepare for it. I hear that college is very different from high school and you need different skills to navigate it. #college...

#college-life

Margaret C.’s Avatar
Margaret C. Jan 23, 2018 225 views

How do I know if a university is too academically challenging for me?

I'm a senior in high school and I'm trying to decide what college to attend. I would like to double major in psychology and a foreign language, as well as participate in activities like sailing, equestrian, and dancing. I'm worried it might be too much. How can I get a feel for a particular...

#college-advice #college-selection #college-major #college-life #student-activities #college

Noelia R.’s Avatar
Noelia R. Jan 13, 2018 207 views

What did your college experience provide you?

What are ways college changed you and/or your point of view on something? Most importantly, did you enjoy college? #college #college-life #learning...

#life-experience

Noelia R.’s Avatar
Noelia R. Jan 13, 2018 198 views

What's a good college study routine?

There are many different ways to study in college but i've heard that spending hours staring at material isn't very effective. What would be a good study plan to follow when studying for an important college exam/quiz? Should there be breaks, if so how many and of what duration? #college-life...

#studying-tips #time-management #study-skills

banita T.’s Avatar
banita T. Sep 01, 2017 438 views

What's it's like being in college?

everybody always says its fun and you get to do what you want but is it really all that's it cracked up to be. I wanna make the right decision and I know I have to experience it for myself but I still would Love some people opinions on it.#college-life #college...

#college-advice

Anina H.’s Avatar
Anina H. Aug 19, 2016 877 views

How do you make a lot of friends in college?

I didn't make that many friends in high school so I was wondering how to do that in college....

#college-life

Amanda V.’s Avatar
Amanda V. Jul 19, 2016 536 views

What are some things you wished you did back in college?

What I'm wondering is, do you regret not joining more clubs or taking certain classes you were curious about taking or just overall spending more time on campus to see what else the campus offered the students? #college...

#college-life

Sabrina S.’s Avatar
Sabrina S. May 26, 2016 339 views

What should I pack for college dorming life?

I'm new to college and am very open to suggestions on what to pack that would be appropriate and aloud on a college campus. #college-life...

#packing

Sabrina S.’s Avatar
Sabrina S. May 26, 2016 591 views

What kind of things should I pack for college?

I am dorming at the college of my choice and am open to any good suggestions on whats good and not good to pack. #college...

#college-life

Joshua P.’s Avatar
Joshua P. May 20, 2016 396 views

Is it better to piuck a roomate or get a random one?

I am personally doing this at the moment and am entering my first year of college and don't know anyone, so I need some help....

#college-life

Rachel R.’s Avatar
Rachel R. May 19, 2016 365 views

Should I stay on campus?

I can't afford to stay on campus but my mom is offering to pay for my room and board. #college-life...

#campus

Brynna S.’s Avatar
Brynna S. May 18, 2016 307 views

Is living on campus when you have the option to live at home a smart decision?

I want to become an independent person and feel what it's like to live away from my parents, but the university I will be attending for my Bachelor's is in the same city that I currently live in and my mom's office is down the street from campus. I know it would save me money and I don't know...

#housing #college-life #on-campus #scholarships #money

Imani C.’s Avatar
Imani C. May 18, 2016 358 views

What is the best way to approach the college workload?

Hello, From what i have been told their is so many things to do on campus. so much so, that you can easily be distracted and miss work due to the work load. What is the best way to keep on top of the work load while having a healthy social life? #college #college-life...

#college-grads

Kayla C.’s Avatar
Kayla C. May 13, 2016 499 views

What are some things I should know about living on campus?

I have almost all of my stuff for my dorm, but is living in a dorm going to be hard adjusting to? What are some things I should expect while living on campus? Is it easy to make friends with people who live in the same hall as you? #college #college-bound #college-student #college-life...

#outdoor-recreation

Tatyana J.’s Avatar
Tatyana J. May 13, 2016 528 views

What are some college dorm room must haves?

I'm starting school in the fall and just wanted to know some things necessary for a comfortable dorm life. There aren't any communal bathrooms so I shouldn't worry about buying a bath kit, unless I should. I'm a little overwhelmed and I do not want to over shop or under shop for dorm...

#college-life #freshmen #college

Karen H.’s Avatar
Karen H. May 11, 2016 1526 views

Commute or dorm?

I want to hear anyone's experiences of commuting or dorming for school and what was their experiences with that. The pros and cons and the reality of each situation. #college #experience #college-life...

#benefits

Irma A.’s Avatar
Irma A. Apr 29, 2014 1144 views

Is it better to live at the school your attending, rent an apartment near them, or just live at your house?

I am really thinking about whether I should go to a college that is close to my house, so that I could live there, or if I shoukd just live at the school or near it, but being far away from where I live? #college-life...

#home