Career Questions tagged College Life

Samuel’s Avatar
Samuel Mar 21 131 views

What's Important for College

What's the most important thing (s) to bring to college ?
This can be skills or objects.
#prepared #college # collegelife

Ashley’s Avatar
Ashley Nov 05, 2021 322 views

What are the pros and cons of living on and off campus?

Which would be more convenient financially and environmentally? #college #dorms #college-advice #college-life

CV Office Hours’s Avatar
CV Office Hours Apr 19, 2021 311 views

Can you tell me about your typical day in college?

Office Hours #4: AMA (Ask Me Anything) with Mark Eagle This question was posed by a question during one of our most recent "CareerVillage Office Hours" sessions. During Office Hours sessions, we invite students to pose questions related to a specific topic. In this case, the topic was...

tony’s Avatar
tony Mar 18, 2021 235 views

what is the best way to be able to play sports in college

#college #college-selection #college-life #baseball

Emily’s Avatar
Emily Jul 28, 2020 229 views

Networking with sorority sisters

I was fortunate to pledge a wonderful sorority while on campus and I am now completing my degree online in an apartment far from campus with a different school. What is the best way to stay active as an alum and maintain my sorority contacts? #July20 #college-life #greekalum

Vanisha’s Avatar
Vanisha Jul 22, 2020 272 views

Does staying on campus help with making friend and studying better?

#college-life #friends

Henry’s Avatar
Henry May 17, 2020 536 views

What time do college kids wake up?

#college-life

Henry’s Avatar
Henry May 17, 2020 299 views

What do I need to pack when I go to college?

#college-life

Henry’s Avatar
Henry May 17, 2020 469 views

Do I need a bicycle in college?

#college-life

Henry’s Avatar
Henry May 17, 2020 381 views

Will I have time to exercise in college?

#college-life

Henry’s Avatar
Henry May 17, 2020 429 views

Do people still get hazed at college?

Or is it a thing of the past? #college-life

Henry’s Avatar
Henry May 17, 2020 273 views

Will guys in higher grades be friends with me at college?

#college-life

Henry’s Avatar
Henry May 17, 2020 472 views

Do colleges require you to live on campus your first year?

#college #college-life

mary’s Avatar
mary Aug 24, 2018 392 views

Should I live on or off campus?

#college-life

Brenna’s Avatar
Brenna Aug 14, 2018 630 views

What is the hardest part of transitioning from high school to college? How do I help myself in that transition?

#high-school #moving #college #college-life

Emily’s Avatar
Emily Jul 10, 2018 523 views

Dorm, on campus living; vs apartment,off campus living...

#campus #college-life #college-advice #residence-life #transferstudent I have orientation for transfer students coming up and will most likely be commuting for at least my first semester. The reason being, I don't want too much debt when I get out of college, and also, I would like to meet...

rebecca’s Avatar
rebecca May 25, 2018 567 views

How can I make the most out of college for my life?

#college-life #college #college-degree #career

Chalee’s Avatar
Chalee May 10, 2018 454 views

Are there any colleges that do not allow sandals?

They’re comfortable !!! I really enjoy being comfortable while sitting in a classroom all day! #college-selection #college-life

Damien’s Avatar
Damien Apr 20, 2018 461 views

What are common mistakes, in college, that are easy to avoid?

We all roughly face the same #obstacles and #challenges during our college education. However, it can be quite difficult sometimes to face them without any #advices. Learning from others' past #mistakes can be a positive way to avoid those mistakes and to focus more on the education aspect than...

keshya’s Avatar
keshya Mar 26, 2018 459 views

how can i meet people in college?

in high school i was very quiet and by myself most of the time. i want my college experience to be different and i also want to have people to go to if i need advice or help with my classes.
#college-life

Margaret’s Avatar
Margaret Jan 23, 2018 511 views

What is the best way to prepare for college besides academics?

I'll be attending college soon and I'd like to know what to prepare for and how to prepare for it. I hear that college is very different from high school and you need different skills to navigate it.
#college #college-life

Margaret’s Avatar
Margaret Jan 23, 2018 495 views

How do I know if a university is too academically challenging for me?

I'm a senior in high school and I'm trying to decide what college to attend. I would like to double major in psychology and a foreign language, as well as participate in activities like sailing, equestrian, and dancing. I'm worried it might be too much. How can I get a feel for a particular...

franziska’s Avatar
franziska Jan 22, 2018 548 views

How long does it take to adjust to a university located in a large city?

I currently live in a small/medium city, but many of the schools I applied to are located in very large cities. I'm wondering how overwhelming it can be to move someone so different than what I'm used to.
#moving #personal-development #dorm-life #college-life

Samantha’s Avatar
Samantha Jan 16, 2018 652 views

What is the hardest part about being away from home while in college?

I am considering going out of state for college.

#college #college-life #life-transitions

Greta’s Avatar
Greta Jan 16, 2018 559 views

What universities have the most precautions in place to reduce sexual assault on campus?

Sexual assault is a huge problem on so many campuses and often the victims are not supported and even blamed. I wat to be on a safe campus but statistics about this subject when researching colleges, are hard to find or nonexistent. What are the safest campuses in regards to this issue?...

keysharerah’s Avatar
keysharerah Jan 16, 2018 603 views

what is life like in college?

I know that moving away from home is scary, but I don't know what to expect. #college #life-transitions #college-life

Noelia’s Avatar
Noelia Jan 13, 2018 438 views

What did your college experience provide you?

What are ways college changed you and/or your point of view on something? Most importantly, did you enjoy college?
#college #college-life #learning #life-experience

Noelia’s Avatar
Noelia Jan 13, 2018 518 views

What's a good college study routine?

There are many different ways to study in college but i've heard that spending hours staring at material isn't very effective. What would be a good study plan to follow when studying for an important college exam/quiz? Should there be breaks, if so how many and of what duration? #college-life...

banita’s Avatar
banita Sep 01, 2017 747 views

What's it's like being in college?

everybody always says its fun and you get to do what you want but is it really all that's it cracked up to be. I wanna make the right decision and I know I have to experience it for myself but I still would Love some people opinions on it.#college-life #college #college-advice

Anina’s Avatar
Anina Aug 19, 2016 1267 views

How do you make a lot of friends in college?

I didn't make that many friends in high school so I was wondering how to do that in college. #college-life