Career Questions tagged Honors

Samruddhi P.’s Avatar
Samruddhi P. Mar 04 75 views

Should I take Honors Organic Chemistry and AP Chemistry together?

I will be going into 11th grade next year, and I'm interested in going into Pre-Med. Here is my schedule for next year: Hon. Pre-Calc w/ Trig AP US History AP English 3 Hon. French IV AP Chemistry String Orchestra (Gym) I have space for 1 elective, so I was wondering if it would be better to...

#honors #chemistry #high-school-student #organic-chemistry #sophomore #ap #courses

Sohaib A.’s Avatar
Sohaib A. Mar 18, 2018 481 views

Does NHS matter?

At my school, there are a bunch of kids who are in NHS, and they are always praised for their service. When I look at the members, there are some really smart kids in there, but most of them are average students. So my question is, does NHS matter? #nhs #nationalhonorsociety #resume #honors...

#college-applications

Christian S.’s Avatar
Christian S. May 04, 2019 241 views

Do colleges take rigor into account when giving Merit/Academic Scholarships?

For Merit/Academic Scholarships, is it better to get an A in a normal class, or a B in an Honors/AP/College class? #college #scholarship #college-advice #financial-aid #money #student #ap #academic #merit #honors #act #sat #career...

#college-admissions

Zavier R.’s Avatar
Zavier R. Mar 03, 2018 358 views

Can you get your honors degree early?

Ive been really thinking about what I want to do in terms of careers and post-secondary education and Ive decided that I would like to get my Phd in psychology. The problem that arises is that I don't wanna spend ten years in university. So, I wanted to know if there is anyway to fast- track...

#honors #psychology #university #clinical-psychology

Faith B.’s Avatar
Faith B. Jan 21, 2018 254 views

Is it better to take an honors course or not?

I've heard from some people that you should take honors courses in college because it looks good on resumes and puts you in classes with other goal-oriented people, but I've also heard from other people that it's not worth it because it's a lot of extra work and will just end up giving you a...

#honors #what-is-best #i-am-not-sure-what-i-want-to-do

Luke L.’s Avatar
Luke L. Jan 17, 2018 373 views

Why should I consider honors programs in college?

A couple schools I've applied to have extended an invitation to apply to their honors programs, but why should I? How does it help me in life? #college #honors #question #why...

#engineering