Career Questions tagged Organic Chemistry

Hanan M.’s Avatar
Hanan M. Apr 28, 2018

Any tips for organic chemistry?

I want to go into medicine, and I've heard that organic chemistry is a must, but it's also something that is extremely hard. Are there any tips for getting good grades in that class and making sure that I understand everything? #medicine...

#organic-chemistry

Valerie E.’s Avatar
Valerie E. Apr 26, 2018

Is Organic Chemistry really a nightmare?

I'm taking Organic Chemistry next year and I'm scared that it will take many hours of studying for me to understand the concepts. Is it really as bad as everyone makes it seem? #organic-chemistry #medicine...

#pharmacy

Matt W.’s Avatar
Matt W. Oct 23, 2016

What kind of products do chemical engineers design?

Considering going into chemical engineering, I'm interested in what I would actually do post graduation #engineering #mechanical-engineering #chemistry #chemical-engineering #chemicals #organic-chemistry...

#chemical-technicians

Tahj S.’s Avatar
Tahj S. May 27, 2016

What careers could I pursue with a degree in chemistry or biochemistry?

I really like organic chemistry and I find molecular biology pretty interesting. I just want to know what my options would be if I were to get a degree in chemistry or biochemistry, and what those careers are like. I'm already thinking about being a research chemist or a chemical engineer or a...

#molecular-biology #organic-chemistry #chemistry

Peter T.’s Avatar
Peter T. May 12, 2016

Are the prospects for chemistry truly as bad as people make them out to be?

Initially, I was really interested in majoring in chemistry/biochemistry (I realize the two are very different, but was leaning towards chemistry) this coming fall, but from what I've read online, chemists don't seem to have great job prospects. I've read of PhD students struggling to make over...

#science #job-market #biochemistry #chemistry #organic-chemistry

Ashley D.’s Avatar
Ashley D. Mar 10, 2016

What classes do you in college if you are looking to do botany.

I am asking because I am interested in that specific field which is botany. #chemical-engineering #science-phd #life-sciences #earth-science #chemicals #bio-chem #chemist...

#organic-chemistry

David V.’s Avatar
David V. Jul 23, 2015

If I had a B.Pharm degree, what would I do next if I wanted to do biochemical engineering/chemical engineering?

Okay, so basically I'm in my second year of the B.Pharm degree. I want to finish the degree. What would be my next step? In the end I want to do research in a direction that would incorporate biochemical engineering into my knowledge of medicines. To put it into perspective; I wouldn't mind...

#bioengineering #biochemistry #drug-discovery #drug-development #organic-chemistry #chemical-engineering