Career Questions tagged Medicinal Chemistry

Erica C.’s Avatar
Erica C. Jan 25, 2018

For a chemistry undergraduate major what non academic courses helped to make a difference?

Academic classes teach us basics, but there are non academic classes that allow you to be creative and help further your education. I would like to know what non academic classes would go along with a chemistry degree that will both help me as an individual and as an intellectual....

#medicinal-chemistry #chemistry

Wrayzene W.’s Avatar
Wrayzene W. Jul 18, 2017

What the difference between medicinal chemistry, pharmacology and pharmaceutical chemistry?

I want to study chemistry and like the idea of medicine, but I want to avoid going down a path that is somewhat like biochemistry since I am not a fan of biology. #medicine #chemistry #pharmaceuticals #pharmacy #medicinal-chemistry #pharmacology #pharmaceuticals...

#career-details

Barry R.’s Avatar
Barry R. Dec 12, 2016

What are some study skills or daily habits that really helped you stay organized in College and Medical School?

In a few years I'll be out of highschool and entering college with the hopes of getting accepted to med-school and UCSF. I wish to know, essentially, how to stay balanced in college. #medicine #healthcare #university #mathematics #college-bound #physics #biomedical-engineering...

#medicinal-chemistry

Kaitlyn W.’s Avatar
Kaitlyn W. Oct 23, 2016

What is a day in the life of a pharmaceutical chemist like?

Having a family and having personal time is important to me, but so is having a successful career. How much time would I put into this job each week? Is overtime involved? Would I have time for a family? #pharmaceuticals #chemicals #pharmaceutical-industry...

#medicinal-chemistry

Kaitlyn W.’s Avatar
Kaitlyn W. Oct 23, 2016

Is a phD necessary in order to become a pharmaceutical chemist? What is the best education path in order to get the most of out this career?

I want to be a pharmaceutical chemist, but have heard that there are many different education paths you could take to get there. I am wondering what the smartest path would be, as this could help narrow my college search. #medicine #chemistry #pharmaceuticals #pharmaceutical-industry...

#medicinal-chemistry

Michael C.’s Avatar
Michael C. May 20, 2016

Is it a good idea to take all 8 year of college for your doctorates degree then get a job, or take the first 4 or 5 years and get a bachelors of masters then get a job?

I was told by someone that if you get a doctorates straight off the back, not many places will accept you, but if you go for your bachelors or you masters, then you'll most likely get a job faster. #pharmacy #pharmaceuticals #medicinal-chemistry...

#drug-development

Madelyn L.’s Avatar
Madelyn L. May 18, 2016

If I want to research medicine, should I major or minor in Chemistry, and what should I also study?

My plan has always been to major in Chemistry during college, but I wonder, if I want to create new vaccines and antibiotics, should I major in Chemistry or would another major be better? And say I do major in Chemistry, what should my minor be? Or vice versa? #medicine #research...

#medicinal-chemistry