Career Questions tagged Medicinal Chemistry

Erica C.’s Avatar
Erica C. Jan 25, 2018 244 views

For a chemistry undergraduate major what non academic courses helped to make a difference?

Academic classes teach us basics, but there are non academic classes that allow you to be creative and help further your education. I would like to know what non academic classes would go along with a chemistry degree that will both help me as an individual and as an intellectual....

#medicinal-chemistry #chemistry

Wrayzene W.’s Avatar
Wrayzene W. Jul 18, 2017 2537 views

What the difference between medicinal chemistry, pharmacology and pharmaceutical chemistry?

I want to study chemistry and like the idea of medicine, but I want to avoid going down a path that is somewhat like biochemistry since I am not a fan of biology. #medicine #chemistry #pharmaceuticals #pharmacy #medicinal-chemistry #pharmacology #pharmaceuticals...

#career-details

Barry R.’s Avatar
Barry R. Dec 12, 2016 485 views

What are some study skills or daily habits that really helped you stay organized in College and Medical School?

In a few years I'll be out of highschool and entering college with the hopes of getting accepted to med-school and UCSF. I wish to know, essentially, how to stay balanced in college. #medicine #healthcare #university #mathematics #college-bound #physics #biomedical-engineering...

#medicinal-chemistry

Kaitlyn W.’s Avatar
Kaitlyn W. Oct 23, 2016 1726 views

What is a day in the life of a pharmaceutical chemist like?

Having a family and having personal time is important to me, but so is having a successful career. How much time would I put into this job each week? Is overtime involved? Would I have time for a family? #pharmaceuticals #chemicals #pharmaceutical-industry...

#medicinal-chemistry

Kaitlyn W.’s Avatar
Kaitlyn W. Oct 23, 2016 465 views

Is a phD necessary in order to become a pharmaceutical chemist? What is the best education path in order to get the most of out this career?

I want to be a pharmaceutical chemist, but have heard that there are many different education paths you could take to get there. I am wondering what the smartest path would be, as this could help narrow my college search. #medicine #chemistry #pharmaceuticals #pharmaceutical-industry...

#medicinal-chemistry

Morgan K.’s Avatar
Morgan K. Oct 20, 2016 551 views
Michael C.’s Avatar
Michael C. May 20, 2016 637 views

Is it a good idea to take all 8 year of college for your doctorates degree then get a job, or take the first 4 or 5 years and get a bachelors of masters then get a job?

I was told by someone that if you get a doctorates straight off the back, not many places will accept you, but if you go for your bachelors or you masters, then you'll most likely get a job faster. #pharmacy #pharmaceuticals #medicinal-chemistry...

#drug-development

Madelyn L.’s Avatar
Madelyn L. May 18, 2016 573 views

If I want to research medicine, should I major or minor in Chemistry, and what should I also study?

My plan has always been to major in Chemistry during college, but I wonder, if I want to create new vaccines and antibiotics, should I major in Chemistry or would another major be better? And say I do major in Chemistry, what should my minor be? Or vice versa? #medicine #research...

#medicinal-chemistry