Career Questions tagged Exercise Science

Kalyssa’s Avatar
Kalyssa Dec 08, 2022 104 views

What is the difference between a Sports Medicine Degree and an Exercise Science Degree ?

I’m looking into putting on casts and working in the orthopedic field, but I’m not sure which major will benefit me more.

Renee’s Avatar
Renee Jul 11, 2022 215 views

How Can I Become an Exercise Physiologist?

I am entering my senior year of college and I am studying exercise science. I am looking to learn more about exercise physiology. How do I get this job?

Luke’s Avatar
Luke Apr 12, 2022 385 views

Exercise Physiologist Internship

How can I get relevant experience to be an exercise physiologist? I am in my last year of school and I am having difficulties finding internship opportunities.

Hannah’s Avatar
Hannah Oct 28, 2021 362 views

Is it a good idea to take AP Chem in highschool in hopes of going to college for exercise sciense/physical therapy?

#physical-therapy #exercise-science #college #highschool #college-advice

Michelle’s Avatar
Michelle Sep 01, 2017 623 views

What are good scholarships for transfer students?

I have recently graduated from Associate's Degree, and I'm transferred to an university for Bachelor's Degree. I'm looking for scholarships that could help me with College of Education or Exercise Science major. #college-transfer #scholarships #exercise-science #collegeofeducation

Alexus’s Avatar
Alexus Feb 03, 2017 708 views

What job opportunities are there for a bachelors degree in exercise science/kinesiology?

I am a senior in high school and want to become a Physical Therapist, my undergraduate degree would be in exercise science or kinesiology. After I plan to get my DPT, but if for some reason I don't want to continue my education or life happens after my four years of college I'm interested in...

Peer Career Coaches’s Avatar
Peer Career Coaches Sep 29, 2016 1016 views

What is the most difficult part of being a physical therapist?

I am a sophomore in college and I just decided to declare my major as pre physical therapy, and I was looking for a little more insight on the job itself! #physical-therapist #physical-therapy #physical-trainer #anatomy #exercise-physiology #exercise-science #scince

Sabrina’s Avatar
Sabrina Jun 04, 2016 941 views

Should I choose an obscure major for Physical Therapy school or stick with Exercise Science?

I am going to be a first year undergraduate student in the fall at Pacific University Oregon. The most popular majors are the health sciences and I am planning on majoring in Exercise Science. However, I know it is very difficult to get into Doctor of Physical Therapy school after I graduate...

Emani’s Avatar
Emani May 22, 2016 803 views

Is Athletic Training the best major for college to obtain prerequisites for a Physical Therapy graduate degree?

I will be attending college in Fall 2016 for Athletic Training, and I am interested in finding out if this is the best direction to go to enter grad school in 2020. #physical-therapist #athletic-training #exercise-science #athletics #sports #physical #science #college

David’s Avatar
David May 19, 2016 1188 views

Is the Demand for Gym Teachers diminishing?

Hi, I'm currently debating on whether to pursue a career in Exercise Sciences and become a Gym Teacher. However upon researching the job some more, some say that the demand for Gym Teachers is vanishing due to change in county's curriculum, apparently Gym class is not even part of some county's...

Evynn’s Avatar
Evynn May 13, 2016 751 views

What will I need to do to give me the best chance of being accepted into grad school for physical therapy?

I am planning on pursuing an undergraduate degree in pre physical therapy. I know that entering grad school is very competitive especially in the field of physical therapy, so I would like to know what can make me standout from other candidates. Is is purely based on your grades? Or is it based...

Britanie’s Avatar
Britanie May 12, 2016 776 views

How important is it to build up volunteer hours before attending graduate school with a focus on Physical Therapy and what are some other things I should consider completing before attending?

I am currently pursuing an undergraduate degree in exercise-science but my long term goal is Physical Therapy. I have volunteered at my local hospital for 3 years and enjoyed my time there but I am wondering how important these hours will be once I start to apply to graduate schools. #college...