Career Questions tagged Exercise Science

Emani B.’s Avatar
Emani B. May 22, 2016 691 views

Is Athletic Training the best major for college to obtain prerequisites for a Physical Therapy graduate degree?

I will be attending college in Fall 2016 for Athletic Training, and I am interested in finding out if this is the best direction to go to enter grad school in 2020. physical-therapist athletic-training exercise-science athletics sports physical science...

college

Michelle S.’s Avatar
Michelle S. Sep 01, 2017 508 views

What are good scholarships for transfer students?

I have recently graduated from Associate's Degree, and I'm transferred to an university for Bachelor's Degree. I'm looking for scholarships that could help me with College of Education or Exercise Science major. college-transfer scholarships exercise-science...

collegeofeducation

Alexus V.’s Avatar
Alexus V. Feb 03, 2017 570 views

What job opportunities are there for a bachelors degree in exercise science/kinesiology?

I am a senior in high school and want to become a Physical Therapist, my undergraduate degree would be in exercise science or kinesiology. After I plan to get my DPT, but if for some reason I don't want to continue my education or life happens after my four years of college I'm interested in...

degrees kinesiology science college exercise-science phyisical-therapist exercise

Peer Career Coaches J.’s Avatar
Peer Career Coaches J. Sep 29, 2016 868 views

What is the most difficult part of being a physical therapist?

I am a sophomore in college and I just decided to declare my major as pre physical therapy, and I was looking for a little more insight on the job itself! physical-therapist physical-therapy physical-trainer anatomy exercise-physiology exercise-science...

scince

Sabrina S.’s Avatar
Sabrina S. Jun 04, 2016 751 views

Should I choose an obscure major for Physical Therapy school or stick with Exercise Science?

I am going to be a first year undergraduate student in the fall at Pacific University Oregon. The most popular majors are the health sciences and I am planning on majoring in Exercise Science. However, I know it is very difficult to get into Doctor of Physical Therapy school after I graduate...

kinesiology physical physical-therapist exercise-physiology exercise-science physical-therapy therapy

David W.’s Avatar
David W. May 19, 2016 1035 views

Is the Demand for Gym Teachers diminishing?

Hi, I'm currently debating on whether to pursue a career in Exercise Sciences and become a Gym Teacher. However upon researching the job some more, some say that the demand for Gym Teachers is vanishing due to change in county's curriculum, apparently Gym class is not even part of some county's...

teaching school exercise-science exercise

Evynn E.’s Avatar
Evynn E. May 13, 2016 619 views

What will I need to do to give me the best chance of being accepted into grad school for physical therapy?

I am planning on pursuing an undergraduate degree in pre physical therapy. I know that entering grad school is very competitive especially in the field of physical therapy, so I would like to know what can make me standout from other candidates. Is is purely based on your grades? Or is it based...

rehabilitation health college exercise-science therapy physical-therapist graduate-school physical-therapy

Britanie C.’s Avatar
Britanie C. May 12, 2016 674 views

How important is it to build up volunteer hours before attending graduate school with a focus on Physical Therapy and what are some other things I should consider completing before attending?

I am currently pursuing an undergraduate degree in exercise-science but my long term goal is Physical Therapy. I have volunteered at my local hospital for 3 years and enjoyed my time there but I am wondering how important these hours will be once I start to apply to graduate schools. college...

physical-therapist graduate-school exercise-science