Career Questions tagged Osteopathic

Jordanne G.’s Avatar
Jordanne G. Nov 02, 2020 228 views

What is the most important thing to know about becoming a D.O.

I am very seriously considering going into this profession and would love to know More! medicine DO osteopathic...

Kaitlin L.’s Avatar
Kaitlin L. May 11, 2018 549 views

What are some good qualities to have as a D.O. (doctor of osteopathic medicine)?

I am considering becoming a D.O., and I would like to know if I am a good fit for the career. I am well-suited academically, but I would like to make sure I am suited personality-wise. DO careers medicine...

osteopathic

Maria H.’s Avatar
Maria H. Apr 21, 2018 575 views

Is it harder for D.O.'s to get the same respect as M.D.'s?

I've recently become interested in osteopathic medicine. The philosophy of treating patients as a whole instead of just symptoms appeals to me. However, I've heard that it may be hard for D.O.'s to find residencies that are not biased. I hadn't even heard of D.O.'s until a year ago,...

premedicine medical-school physician medschool holistic medical-practice doctor premedical premed

Haley P.’s Avatar
Haley P. May 15, 2016 585 views

What is the best advice you could give someone who wants to go into Osteopathic Medicine?

I am mainly asking this question because I am very much interested in the holistic side of medicine and I want to work closely with my patients. doctor family-medicine holistic natural-medicine...

osteopathic