Career Questions tagged Osteopathic

Kaitlin L.’s Avatar
Kaitlin L. May 11, 2018 415 views

What are some good qualities to have as a D.O. (doctor of osteopathic medicine)?

I am considering becoming a D.O., and I would like to know if I am a good fit for the career. I am well-suited academically, but I would like to make sure I am suited personality-wise. #do #careers #medicine...

#osteopathic

Maria H.’s Avatar
Maria H. Apr 21, 2018 474 views

Is it harder for D.O.'s to get the same respect as M.D.'s?

I've recently become interested in #osteopathic #medicine. The philosophy of treating patients as a whole instead of just symptoms appeals to me. However, I've heard that it may be hard for D.O.'s to find residencies that are not biased. I hadn't even heard of D.O.'s until a year ago,...

#doctor #physician #medschool #premedical #premed #medical-practice #holistic #medical-school #premedicine

Haley P.’s Avatar
Haley P. May 15, 2016 524 views

What is the best advice you could give someone who wants to go into Osteopathic Medicine?

I am mainly asking this question because I am very much interested in the holistic side of medicine and I want to work closely with my patients. #doctor #family-medicine #holistic #natural-medicine...

#osteopathic