Career Questions tagged Holistic

Vanessa O.’s Avatar
Vanessa O. Jul 27, 2018 179 views

How much flexibility would I have as a dietitian?

I got my first bachelor's degree with a pre-med intent. After research and soul-searching, however, I decided that a doctor was not the occupation for me. I learned that many of them take few, if any, nutrition courses. It seems as if many medical schools in the US train people to write...

#dietitian #nutrition #wellness #holistic

Maria H.’s Avatar
Maria H. Apr 21, 2018 391 views

Is it harder for D.O.'s to get the same respect as M.D.'s?

I've recently become interested in #osteopathic #medicine. The philosophy of treating patients as a whole instead of just symptoms appeals to me. However, I've heard that it may be hard for D.O.'s to find residencies that are not biased. I hadn't even heard of D.O.'s until a year ago,...

#premedical #physician #doctor #premedicine #medical-practice #medical-school #premed #medschool #holistic

Haley P.’s Avatar
Haley P. May 15, 2016 465 views

What is the best advice you could give someone who wants to go into Osteopathic Medicine?

I am mainly asking this question because I am very much interested in the holistic side of medicine and I want to work closely with my patients. #doctor #family-medicine #holistic #natural-medicine...

#osteopathic