Career Questions tagged Holistic

Vanessa O.’s Avatar
Vanessa O. Jul 27, 2018 383 views

How much flexibility would I have as a dietitian?

I got my first bachelor's degree with a pre-med intent. After research and soul-searching, however, I decided that a doctor was not the occupation for me. I learned that many of them take few, if any, nutrition courses. It seems as if many medical schools in the US train people to write...

nutrition wellness dietitian holistic

Maria H.’s Avatar
Maria H. Apr 21, 2018 602 views

Is it harder for D.O.'s to get the same respect as M.D.'s?

I've recently become interested in osteopathic medicine. The philosophy of treating patients as a whole instead of just symptoms appeals to me. However, I've heard that it may be hard for D.O.'s to find residencies that are not biased. I hadn't even heard of D.O.'s until a year ago,...

doctor premedical medschool medical-school physician medical-practice premed premedicine holistic

Haley P.’s Avatar
Haley P. May 15, 2016 599 views

What is the best advice you could give someone who wants to go into Osteopathic Medicine?

I am mainly asking this question because I am very much interested in the holistic side of medicine and I want to work closely with my patients. doctor family-medicine holistic natural-medicine...

osteopathic