Career Questions tagged Dietitian

Jessica H.’s Avatar
Jessica H. Aug 17, 2020 101 views
Rachel C.’s Avatar
Rachel C. Apr 30, 2020 108 views

Can you become a dietitian by going to a liberal arts college? What are the most important majors to study?

#liberalartscollege #dietitian #nutritionist I want to attend a 4-year liberal arts college and they typically include majors such as biology, biochemistry, and psychology. If I want to become a dietitian, would this be the right route to...

Madison W.’s Avatar
Madison W. Nov 12, 2019 113 views
Vanessa O.’s Avatar
Vanessa O. Jul 27, 2018 239 views

How much flexibility would I have as a dietitian?

I got my first bachelor's degree with a pre-med intent. After research and soul-searching, however, I decided that a doctor was not the occupation for me. I learned that many of them take few, if any, nutrition courses. It seems as if many medical schools in the US train people to write...

#holistic #dietitian #nutrition #wellness

Vanessa O.’s Avatar
Vanessa O. Jul 27, 2018 168 views

How easy is it to transition to a career in dietetics?

I am transitioning from a high school biology teaching career. I was a biology major in undergrad, and now I am returning to school for a second degree in dietetics. Thankfully, some of my previous courses count toward the dietetics degree....

#dietitian

Olivia F.’s Avatar
Olivia F. May 06, 2016 388 views

Is it really worth it to get a masters or doctorate if I want to be a dietitian?

I know I want to be a registered dietitian but how much school should I really go through? I know I need at least a bachelors but I have always dreamed of going all the way to a doctorate. I just don't know if my future salary will make it worth while. #college #career #healthcare #dietitian...

#diet-and-exercise #financial-planning

Caitlin  M.’s Avatar
Caitlin M. May 16, 2016 413 views

Good location for a dietitian?

Hello, my name is Caitlin and I am going to be a sophomore in college. I know where I would like to live, but what is a good location for a dietitian to live and make enough money for living? I don't want to struggle and I want to be successful. I would love to be a well known dietitian....

#college #career-counseling #nutrion #nutritionist #career #dietitian #dietetics

Chun L.’s Avatar
Chun L. Mar 20, 2017 655 views

What does nutritionist do and what does they need to learn?

I am thinking about being a nutritionist in the future. I wander what is their job and what do I need to learn to become a nutritionist? #career-counseling #dietitian #nutritionist...

#clinical-nutrition

Mack F.’s Avatar
Mack F. May 24, 2016 517 views

What is a typical day in the life of a dietitian or that of an herbalist?

I really want to become a dietitian, and and an herbalist when I grow up. It seems like a really needed job, and a really fun job. I would love to do it! #health #dietitian...

#herbalist

Caitlin  M.’s Avatar
Caitlin M. May 16, 2016 451 views

How to get a head start in becoming a dietitian?

Hello, my name is Caitlin and I am going to be a sophomore in college. I just went and enrolled at Kansas state University and when I talked to my advisor she told me that this is a very competitive field. I have gone and job shadowed and I know this is exactly what I want to do. I just need...

#nutrition #nutritionist #dietitian #diet #dietetics

Christopher B.’s Avatar
Christopher B. Aug 08, 2015 618 views

Can I be more than one?

I am a senior in high school in bell california and I've been looking to a career im a go to a community college first due to grades but i found its much cheaper so im a get my associates degree on nutrition science then transfer out to get my bachelors in the same thing then go and be a...

#college #pediatrician #school #medicine #dietitian

Bryana K.’s Avatar
Bryana K. Mar 20, 2015 558 views

Would I have to study Psychology to be a dietitian?

As a dietitian you'll translate scientific information about nutrition into practical advice to help people make health-conscious decisions about food. You'll assess, diagnose and treat diet-related problems and aim to raise awareness of the link between food and health to prevent future...

#dietitian #professors