Career Questions tagged Dietitian

Madison W.’s Avatar
Madison W. Nov 12, 2019 52 views
Vanessa O.’s Avatar
Vanessa O. Jul 27, 2018 166 views

How much flexibility would I have as a dietitian?

I got my first bachelor's degree with a pre-med intent. After research and soul-searching, however, I decided that a doctor was not the occupation for me. I learned that many of them take few, if any, nutrition courses. It seems as if many medical schools in the US train people to write...

#nutrition #dietitian #holistic #wellness

Vanessa O.’s Avatar
Vanessa O. Jul 27, 2018 114 views

How easy is it to transition to a career in dietetics?

I am transitioning from a high school biology teaching career. I was a biology major in undergrad, and now I am returning to school for a second degree in dietetics. Thankfully, some of my previous courses count toward the dietetics degree....

#dietitian

Olivia F.’s Avatar
Olivia F. May 06, 2016 344 views

Is it really worth it to get a masters or doctorate if I want to be a dietitian?

I know I want to be a registered dietitian but how much school should I really go through? I know I need at least a bachelors but I have always dreamed of going all the way to a doctorate. I just don't know if my future salary will make it worth while. #college #career #healthcare #dietitian...

#financial-planning #diet-and-exercise

Caitlin  M.’s Avatar
Caitlin M. May 16, 2016 325 views

Good location for a dietitian?

Hello, my name is Caitlin and I am going to be a sophomore in college. I know where I would like to live, but what is a good location for a dietitian to live and make enough money for living? I don't want to struggle and I want to be successful. I would love to be a well known dietitian....

#dietitian #career #nutrion #nutritionist #college #dietetics #career-counseling

Chun L.’s Avatar
Chun L. Mar 20, 2017 553 views

What does nutritionist do and what does they need to learn?

I am thinking about being a nutritionist in the future. I wander what is their job and what do I need to learn to become a nutritionist? #career-counseling #dietitian #nutritionist...

#clinical-nutrition

Mack F.’s Avatar
Mack F. May 24, 2016 474 views

What is a typical day in the life of a dietitian or that of an herbalist?

I really want to become a dietitian, and and an herbalist when I grow up. It seems like a really needed job, and a really fun job. I would love to do it! #health #dietitian...

#herbalist

Caitlin  M.’s Avatar
Caitlin M. May 16, 2016 405 views

How to get a head start in becoming a dietitian?

Hello, my name is Caitlin and I am going to be a sophomore in college. I just went and enrolled at Kansas state University and when I talked to my advisor she told me that this is a very competitive field. I have gone and job shadowed and I know this is exactly what I want to do. I just need...

#dietitian #nutrition #diet #nutritionist #dietetics

Christopher B.’s Avatar
Christopher B. Aug 08, 2015 571 views

Can I be more than one?

I am a senior in high school in bell california and I've been looking to a career im a go to a community college first due to grades but i found its much cheaper so im a get my associates degree on nutrition science then transfer out to get my bachelors in the same thing then go and be a...

#pediatrician #dietitian #medicine #school #college

Bryana K.’s Avatar
Bryana K. Mar 20, 2015 513 views

Would I have to study Psychology to be a dietitian?

As a dietitian you'll translate scientific information about nutrition into practical advice to help people make health-conscious decisions about food. You'll assess, diagnose and treat diet-related problems and aim to raise awareness of the link between food and health to prevent future...

#professors #dietitian