Three things to consider as you enter this profession:
1. Your programs will be most successful when you have the support of your organization's leadership, so keep them informed of your efforts and ask them to help you promote your events when possible.
2. Your program participants will need lots of support as they make behavior changes so work with them individually to set SMART (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, Time-bound) goals.
3. Your participant's ability to make sustainable lifestyle changes will be highly influenced by her emotional state and earlier life experiences so include activities that help to support her mental well-being.
Nicole recommends the following next steps:
- Consider earning a certificate in Worksite Wellness if you're considering working in that area.
- Free to reach out to me if you have additional questions.