What are habits for success?

What do you do every morning to be productive during the day? At night?

Any tips are more than appreciated! :) #help #advice #success #fitness #exercise #routine #habits

13

Christine’s Answer

Hello,
I always write a to do list at night before I go home for the day, then on the way into work in the morning I drive in silence so that I can recap and think through the important issues for the day...which the list from the night before can prompt.
Christine

2

Chandrakant’s Answer

Hi Matthew

This is a very peculiar query. You would like to know the best habits of success. There is no one simple answer to your question and the list could go on.

Do you aspire to be someone? Do you have a role model? If yes, then lets start from there. You would need a mentor.

Discuss your challenges with a mentor as you stumble upon them. They often have learned from hard experiences.

It is alright to have more than one mentor.

Have a great life!!

1

Genevieve’s Answer

Make a to-do list that you review every morning before starting your day. Categorize it based on importance as well as subject matter - work, school, personal, etc. Try to stick to this to-do list throughout the day. At the end of the day, reflect on how your day went - what did you do that was positive? what weren't you able to accomplish & why? what are areas that need improvement? is there a better way to do something you're working on? what can you do to move forward?

Some people also find it helpful to say positive things before starting their day. Statements to live by are generally known as "mantras." For example, you might want to start your day by saying, "Today is going to be a good day. I'm confident, I'm capable, and I'm ready for what life may bring my way."

1

Stephanie’s Answer

https://www.workitdaily.com/career-success-keys/
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/gene-del-vecchio/a-final-lesson-for-grads-_b_5233343.html

My best advice is:
1) Make lists and plan out a basic structure for the next day, the night before
2) Don't be afraid to take a risk or try something you've never done before (the best things can happen when you step out of your comfort zone)
3) Try to meet at least one new person at work or through a hobby/extracurricular activity every month
4) Set goals for yourself, no matter how small, and track your progress as you accomplish them
5) Don't forget to take time for yourself, doing the things that energize you and that help you refocus (exercise, travel, reading, etc)

1

Srini’s Answer

Keep the 3 things in mind.

1. Exercise - for your Physical being
2. Mediation - for your Mental being
3. Food - for your phyiscal and mental being

Follow these 3 things in your every day schedule which helps physically and mentally very active and happy.

Start with small baby steps. The aim should be to have continuity and routine in your day to day life.

0

ABHISHEK’s Answer

Make small targets every day
Keep a note of what has been achieved and what all could not be done .
Keep yourself focused and dedicated towards the decided targets .

0

I have worked from home for over 20 years in a sales role. It takes discipline, a self starter mentality and organization.

0

Vaibhav’s Answer

1) Target to achieve small milestones which will lead you towards your final goal
2) Focus on your strengths rather than weakness
3) To be successful one should to take right decision at right time
4) Try to be mentally & physically fit
5) Look at criticism as third person point of view & check what's in it for you to improve

0

Alena’s Answer

Personally, working out every morning helps me be productive during the day. It allows me to feel accomplished first thing in the morning, and think through what I'd like to accomplish during the day. I then make a to-do list of what I want to accomplish both at work, and in personal life, and make notes on which tasks need to be done today, and which I'm dreading doing the most. I tackle the important tasks/ones I don't want to do first thing in the morning, since I'm most productive then. At the end of the day, I take a few minutes to reflect on if I accomplished what I wanted to, and what I could change/improve for the next day. I know I don't work well in evenings/at night, so I avoid working during those hours to the extent possible.

My biggest piece of advice for you is to figure out when you're most productive and what motivates you. I learned this in college and it has helped me maximize my productivity while staying energized.

0

Ken’s Answer

Hi Matthew!

Here are some good tips to follow:
https://www.themuse.com/advice/47-habits-of-highly-successful-employees
https://www.themuse.com/advice/5-unconventional-habits-thatll-make-you-successful

0

Doreen’s Answer

1. Have passion about your work.
2. LOVE your work.
3. Always learn new techniques and history about your work. Technology evolves and history repeats itself.

0

Gerard’s Answer

1. Successful people plan out their day the night before.

2. Successful people read books to get inspired.

3. Successful people make their health a priority.

4. Successful people don’t get distracted by what other people are doing.

5. Successful people live each day as if it were the last.

0

Heena’s Answer

Below is what I find the keypoints:

- have a schedule for whatever you do
- eat healthy and atleast exercise for an hour a day
- read books
- have a mentor
- learn from others

You can do anything but not everything :)

0