Is a good height mandatory to become an athelete?

I am an aspiring Cricketer and want to know about the physical fitness of Atheletes #sports #athletic-training #athletics #fitness #physical-fitness #exercise-physiology

22

Nasreen ’s Answer

Hello Ravi. am glad that you are interested in making a career in Sports. Having a good height depends on the sport you are choosing. We have professional Wrestlers of an average height of 5 feet and 4 inches. So height is important but depends on the Sport.

Thank you very much for your valuable advice Angela D.

Thank you very much for your precious time and answer. Nisha A.

Thank you very much for your precious time and answer. Pooja V.

Thank you very much for your precious time and answer. Meenu M.

Thank you madam Tanya N.

Thank you very much Wasi S.

Thank you madame Mohammed F.

thanks madam very much Rahul V.

Thank you madam Karan S.

12

Philip’s Answer

Hi Ravi,

I'm a big cricket fan and in cricket I don't think it matters much. The sport has had very successful shorter than average and taller than average players. Sachin Tendulkar is 5 ft 5 in for example. But in most sports height does matter. In horse racing the shorter the better but in basket ball, taller players rule. I found this interesting Wikipedia page that give a good overview across most sports (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Height_in_sports).

0

Jaminder’s Answer

HI Ravi,

I don't think height will matter if you want to become cricketer. You should have grit and endurance to work hard and achieve your goal.

Height might give advantage in sports like basketball, volleyball but not in cricket.

0

Vijaykumar’s Answer

Height is not a criteria for all sports,
Height might give advantage in sports like basketball, volleyball but not for all.

You should have grit and endurance to work hard and achieve your goal.

0

Debjeet’s Answer

I don't think a good height is not necessary for every sport. But for some sports, it is mandatory. For sports like soccer and cricket doesn't require you have a tall stature.

0