How easy is it to transition to a career in dietetics?

I am transitioning from a high school biology teaching career. I was a biology major in undergrad, and now I am returning to school for a second degree in dietetics. Thankfully, some of my previous courses count toward the dietetics degree.

#dietitian

1

Michelle’s Answer

Dietetics is a great field to be in since it's always going to be needed and you have a wide variety of options to choose from career wise. Once you get your degree, you'll need to do 1200 hours of supervised practice by doing an internship and then you'll need to pass the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) Examination. During your internship I would recommend building a relationship with your preceptors since they'll able to give you tips and advice on how to prepare for the exam as well as when you apply for jobs. The workload involved with the internship as well as preparing for the exam is intense but push through it because it's extremely rewarding at the very end. Best of luck with your studies and your career change! It will be totally worth it in the long run.

0