Career Questions tagged Public Health

Jay E.’s Avatar
Jay E. Jay E. Jun 14 58 views

MPH or MSOT? I have been struggling with deciding if I should pursue a MPH or a masters of science in Occupational Therapy?

I am very indecisive, especially when it comes to choose a career and one that pays well. I was leaning towards a MPH however Occupational Therapy has been in my head lately also because I feel as I am going to be " licensed" or " qualified" and I will always find a job easily, compared to a...

#occupational-therapy #career #physical-therapy #medicine #medical #public-health #mph

Jozlyn Johnson J.’s Avatar
Jozlyn Johnson J. Jozlyn Johnson J. Apr 20 78 views

Since I want to be a OBGYN what are the requirements? and If we have Mental Health issues are we able too work?

I once was told that I would study Females situations and all of it was when i learned a few things from family members also when i was in health class we talked about females private issues....

#public-health

Elise F.’s Avatar
Elise F. Elise F. Apr 17 71 views

Prepared for Public Health

I am a Biology student at St. John's hoping to work in public health research - specifically the spread of diseases in vulnerable communities, such as low income or in prisons or nursing homes. As I enter my final year of undergrad, which types of classes would help prepare me to branch into...

#public-health #social-work

jayashree G.’s Avatar
jayashree G. jayashree G. Dec 23, 2020 244 views

what is the scope of masters in public health in chennai?

im doing my masters in public health first year. i need to know more about its scope and job requirement #public-health...

#health

Aleksandra B.’s Avatar
Aleksandra B. Aleksandra B. Nov 10, 2020 187 views

What careers require an MPH?

I am considering pursuing an MPH in the future, but I don't know anyone who uses it in their career. What makes an MPH degree unique? #mph #publichealth #public-health #health #healthcare #stem...

#givingiscaring

Hailey D.’s Avatar
Hailey D. Hailey D. Oct 24, 2020 141 views

What types of mental health counselors and therapists are there?

I want to be a therapist and help people with their mental health. I'm good at communicating and I'm emotionally intelligent. #mental-health-counseling #mental-health #public-health #hospital-and-health-care #health...

Meredith G.’s Avatar
Meredith G. Meredith G. Oct 22, 2020 152 views

How can I make sexual health education into a career?

I'm a current senior in college, and I'm going to graduate in the spring with a major in Human Biology and a concentration in human reproduction and sexuality. I know plenty of people who educate others on sexual health, but that is just a small part of their job. I want my job to be...

#counseling #human-biology #sexual-health #public-health #health #education

Ellie W.’s Avatar
Ellie W. Ellie W. Oct 13, 2020 218 views

What are some career options in Public Health and what does it involve?

I am soon to be graduating with a Biology degree, but am really unsure about what I want to do with it. I do not particularly want to go into lab science, and definitely want to go to grad school after college. Entering a master’s program for public health is definitely something that I am...

#publichealth #health-administration #health #microbiology #higher-education #health-sciences #public-health #career-paths

Cecile M.’s Avatar
Cecile M. Cecile M. Sep 21, 2020 219 views

What can I do to prepare myself for my future career?

I am a public health major with a minor in psychology. This is my junior year of college but I have no volunteer or internship experience and my resume looks pretty shabby. I know that I want to work in mental health field, but I do not have a clear idea on what exactly I want to do after...

#public-health #health #internships

Elle G.’s Avatar
Elle G. Elle G. Sep 15, 2020 376 views

What does it take to be a dermatologist, and what can I do to prepare?

I want to be a dermatologist when I grow up, or something with skin/skincare/skin health. #health #public-health...

#dermatology

Itzel D.’s Avatar
Itzel D. Itzel D. Jul 31, 2020 154 views
Christiana O.’s Avatar
Christiana O. Christiana O. Jul 29, 2020 172 views
Amanpreet K.’s Avatar
Amanpreet K. Amanpreet K. Jul 29, 2020 177 views
Lauren Z.’s Avatar
Lauren Z. Lauren Z. Jul 19, 2020 175 views

I want to apply mental health related PhD , and what experiences are good for application?

My undergraduate major is Nursing, and minor Psychology. Then I got a master degree in Neuroscience. Now I want to apply PhD in mental health related major, like social work, clinical psychology, public health or mental health nursing. Do you have any suggestion for me? for example, how to...

#public-health #mental-health #july20

Caitlin P.’s Avatar
Caitlin P. Caitlin P. Jul 12, 2018 1375 views

What part of your job do you love the most?

I am an incoming freshman (Undeclared) with interests in Civil Engineering, Environmental Policy, Biostatistics, Data Science, Sociology, Public Health, Entrepreneurship, Product Design, Network Administration, and Financial Analyst & Planning. I am exploring different career possibilities...

#network #environmental #design #data #biostatistics #entrepreneurship #public-health #major #sociology #policy #engineering #health #financial #stem #product #planning #analyst #administration #science #undeclared #business #public #civil

Grace G.’s Avatar
Grace G. Grace G. Aug 27, 2018 298 views

Is it difficult to complete a double-major in 4 years?

Community and Public health with a concentration in school health as well as Sport Science and Physical Education. #health #public-health #school #phys ed #health...

Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Alexandra C. Jun 15, 2018 334 views

Is public health a good major?

I'm a CareerVillage staff member and I'm posting this because we know that many young people are looking for the answer to this question. This is among the most popular questions searched by youth, and we're hoping you will take a moment to share your response to it. Thank you! #public-health...

#academic-advising #college #major #choosing-a-major

Omar R.’s Avatar
Omar R. Omar R. Apr 28, 2018 386 views

What are some international humanitarian agencies that you can work for with a masters in public health in epidemiology, and how can you start getting experience early?

I will be starting my masters in public health in the fall. I am very interested in working for some kind of humanitarian agency, organization, or project. I am willing to work with any agency or organization that its ultimate goal is to help others, but I am more interested in international...

#public-health #medicine #epidemiology

Omar R.’s Avatar
Omar R. Omar R. Apr 28, 2018 366 views

What are some good ways to get funding for an MPH program and study abroad programs?

I will be starting my MPH in epidemiology in the fall and I do not have much money. My entire education has been self funded. I am very interested in being a field epidemiologist and do more hands on work. I have seen some great summer programs where students can go to developing countries and...

#graduate-school #masters-degree #public-health #mph #epidemiology

Amy C.’s Avatar
Amy C. Amy C. Jan 23, 2018 410 views

Public Health Internships

For those advisers who have completed a public health internship as part of graduate education curriculum, where did you complete your internship? Do you have any guidance on best places to intern and how to get the most out of the internship? #internships ,...

#public-health

Tubonimi F.’s Avatar
Tubonimi F. Tubonimi F. Oct 26, 2017 483 views
Celena  K.’s Avatar
Celena K. Celena K. May 17, 2016 1629 views

How does one handle unexpected circumstances, such as being short staffed and having to perform a treatment one has not done before?

I am asking this question because of my increasing curiosity in nursing. At my school, we go to the nursing home to practice our CNA skills. I have witnessed the nurses that work there have trouble because of lack of staff. I am just curious as to how one goes about getting the work done...

#public-health #hospital-and-health-care #medicine #nursing

Lauren S.’s Avatar
Lauren S. Lauren S. Feb 02, 2017 680 views

What is a good Volunteering idea for Health Administration?

Im sophmore at Rutgers University. I plan on majoring in Heath Administration. What are some good places to volunteer at so that i can learn more? #college #healthcare #volunteering #hospital-and-health-care #public-health...

#young-adults