Career Questions tagged Public Health

Jay E.’s Avatar
Jay E. Jun 14, 2021 255 views

MPH or MSOT? I have been struggling with deciding if I should pursue a MPH or a masters of science in Occupational Therapy?

I am very indecisive, especially when it comes to choose a career and one that pays well. I was leaning towards a MPH however Occupational Therapy has been in my head lately also because I feel as I am going to be " licensed" or " qualified" and I will always find a job easily, compared to a...

jakiya W.’s Avatar
jakiya W. May 20, 2021 301 views

What careers can I take on in the health administration field?

#health #public-health #sonogram #doctor #career

jakiya W.’s Avatar
jakiya W. Apr 29, 2021 474 views

Will having a degree in health administration help someone own a hospital ?

#health #manger #career # #business #mental-health # #public-health # owner # #career-choice

Jozlyn Johnson J.’s Avatar
Jozlyn Johnson J. Apr 20, 2021 174 views

Since I want to be a OBGYN what are the requirements? and If we have Mental Health issues are we able too work?

I once was told that I would study Females situations and all of it was when i learned a few things from family members also when i was in health class we talked about females private issues. #public-health

Elise F.’s Avatar
Elise F. Apr 17, 2021 199 views

Prepared for Public Health

I am a Biology student at St. John's hoping to work in public health research - specifically the spread of diseases in vulnerable communities, such as low income or in prisons or nursing homes. As I enter my final year of undergrad, which types of classes would help prepare me to branch into...

jayashree G.’s Avatar
jayashree G. Dec 23, 2020 471 views

what is the scope of masters in public health in chennai?

im doing my masters in public health first year. i need to know more about its scope and job requirement #public-health #health

Maria E.’s Avatar
Maria E. Nov 29, 2020 427 views

What can you tell me about PA Specialized in Psychiatry/Mental Health?

I was thinking about Psych Nurse but I was wondering if a PA is better?
#health #nurse #mental-health #public-health #hospital-and-health-care

Melissa R.’s Avatar
Melissa R. Nov 24, 2020 237 views

Are there a lot of careers for people who want to work in medical entomology? I know some jobs are in public health departments and the CDC

#public-health #health #medicine #givingiscaring

Aleksandra B.’s Avatar
Aleksandra B. Nov 10, 2020 332 views

What careers require an MPH?

I am considering pursuing an MPH in the future, but I don't know anyone who uses it in their career. What makes an MPH degree unique?
#mph #publichealth #public-health #health #healthcare #stem #GivingisCaring

Hailey D.’s Avatar
Hailey D. Oct 24, 2020 289 views

What types of mental health counselors and therapists are there?

I want to be a therapist and help people with their mental health. I'm good at communicating and I'm emotionally intelligent.
#mental-health-counseling #mental-health #public-health #hospital-and-health-care #health #mental-health

Meredith G.’s Avatar
Meredith G. Oct 22, 2020 270 views

How can I make sexual health education into a career?

I'm a current senior in college, and I'm going to graduate in the spring with a major in Human Biology and a concentration in human reproduction and sexuality. I know plenty of people who educate others on sexual health, but that is just a small part of their job. I want my job to be...

kourtney L.’s Avatar
kourtney L. Oct 19, 2020 364 views

What colleges do you recommend for the health care field ?

#health #hospital-and-health-care #public-health

Ellie W.’s Avatar
Ellie W. Oct 13, 2020 347 views

What are some career options in Public Health and what does it involve?

I am soon to be graduating with a Biology degree, but am really unsure about what I want to do with it. I do not particularly want to go into lab science, and definitely want to go to grad school after college. Entering a master’s program for public health is definitely something that I am...

Cecile M.’s Avatar
Cecile M. Sep 21, 2020 357 views

What can I do to prepare myself for my future career?

I am a public health major with a minor in psychology. This is my junior year of college but I have no volunteer or internship experience and my resume looks pretty shabby. I know that I want to work in mental health field, but I do not have a clear idea on what exactly I want to do after...

Elle G.’s Avatar
Elle G. Sep 15, 2020 916 views

What does it take to be a dermatologist, and what can I do to prepare?

I want to be a dermatologist when I grow up, or something with skin/skincare/skin health. #health #public-health #dermatology

Itzel D.’s Avatar
Itzel D. Jul 31, 2020 285 views

What are some resources to support students who want to pursue something in the medical or public health sphere?

Specifically, resources supporting Latinx, low income, first gen (specifically WOC), and LGBTQI+ identifying students?

#JULY20 @ #public-health #LGBTQI #medicine #firstgenerationcollegestudent

Christiana O.’s Avatar
Christiana O. Jul 29, 2020 317 views

What are a few entry level job titles you can apply for with a psychology degree and an interest in the mental health industry?

I am a recent graduate and my two strongest skills are facilitating and leadership. #mental-health #mental-health-counseling #public-health #health #JULY20 #July

Amanpreet K.’s Avatar
Amanpreet K. Jul 29, 2020 344 views

What are the most important skills for a Mental Health Worker?

#July #JULY20 #JULY2020#mental-health-counseling #mental-health #personality #health #public-health

Lauren Z.’s Avatar
Lauren Z. Jul 19, 2020 303 views

I want to apply mental health related PhD , and what experiences are good for application?

My undergraduate major is Nursing, and minor Psychology. Then I got a master degree in Neuroscience. Now I want to apply PhD in mental health related major, like social work, clinical psychology, public health or mental health nursing. Do you have any suggestion for me? for example, how to...

Grace G.’s Avatar
Grace G. Aug 27, 2018 411 views

Is it difficult to complete a double-major in 4 years?

Community and Public health with a concentration in school health as well as Sport Science and Physical Education. #health #public-health #school #phys ed #health ed

Marvin N.’s Avatar
Marvin N. Aug 04, 2018 581 views

How does being a Psychologist affect your own health?

#mental-health #mental-health-counseling #public-health #occupational-therapy #health

Kyla L.’s Avatar
Kyla L. Jul 12, 2018 446 views

As an upcoming intern at the CDC what should I prepare for? What type of data analysis would I be working with?

#CDC #intern #dataanalysis #intern #healthcare #health #public-health

Caitlin P.’s Avatar
Caitlin P. Jul 12, 2018 1781 views

What part of your job do you love the most?

I am an incoming freshman (Undeclared) with interests in Civil Engineering, Environmental Policy, Biostatistics, Data Science, Sociology, Public Health, Entrepreneurship, Product Design, Network Administration, and Financial Analyst & Planning. I am exploring different career possibilities...

Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Jun 15, 2018 449 views

Is public health a good major?

I'm a CareerVillage staff member and I'm posting this because we know that many young people are looking for the answer to this question. This is among the most popular questions searched by youth, and we're hoping you will take a moment to share your response to it. Thank you! #public-health...

Omar R.’s Avatar
Omar R. Apr 28, 2018 510 views

What are some international humanitarian agencies that you can work for with a masters in public health in epidemiology, and how can you start getting experience early?

I will be starting my masters in public health in the fall. I am very interested in working for some kind of humanitarian agency, organization, or project. I am willing to work with any agency or organization that its ultimate goal is to help others, but I am more interested in international...

Omar R.’s Avatar
Omar R. Apr 28, 2018 514 views

What are some good ways to get funding for an MPH program and study abroad programs?

I will be starting my MPH in epidemiology in the fall and I do not have much money. My entire education has been self funded. I am very interested in being a field epidemiologist and do more hands on work. I have seen some great summer programs where students can go to developing countries and...

Amy C.’s Avatar
Amy C. Jan 23, 2018 509 views

Public Health Internships

For those advisers who have completed a public health internship as part of graduate education curriculum, where did you complete your internship? Do you have any guidance on best places to intern and how to get the most out of the internship? #internships , #public-health

Tubonimi F.’s Avatar
Tubonimi F. Oct 26, 2017 566 views

What actually goes on during residency in neurosurgery?

I'm an aspiring neurosurgeon so I need to know what I'm delving into.
#neuroseugery #medicine #healthcare #hospital-and-health-care #public-health

Lauren S.’s Avatar
Lauren S. Feb 02, 2017 783 views

What is a good Volunteering idea for Health Administration?

Im sophmore at Rutgers University. I plan on majoring in Heath Administration. What are some good places to volunteer at so that i can learn more? #college #healthcare #volunteering #hospital-and-health-care #public-health #young-adults

Hannah O.’s Avatar
Hannah O. Dec 06, 2016 783 views

Is it more beneficial to take more credits per semester in a shorter amount of time or less credits per semester in a longer amount of time?

As a student trying to save money on college fees while still maintaining a great GPA for my resume, I want to know whether or not I should be taking 14 or 18 credit hours per semester. I am in the Public Health Sciences Field. I want to make the most of my college experience. #college #health...