Career Questions tagged Public Health

Grace G.’s Avatar
Grace G. Aug 27, 2018 135 views

Is it difficult to complete a double-major in 4 years?

Community and Public health with a concentration in school health as well as Sport Science and Physical Education. #health #public-health #school #phys ed #health...

Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Jun 15, 2018 162 views

Is public health a good major?

I'm a CareerVillage staff member and I'm posting this because we know that many young people are looking for the answer to this question. This is among the most popular questions searched by youth, and we're hoping you will take a moment to share your response to it. Thank you! #public-health...

#academic-advising #major #college #choosing-a-major

Omar R.’s Avatar
Omar R. Apr 28, 2018 186 views

What are some international humanitarian agencies that you can work for with a masters in public health in epidemiology, and how can you start getting experience early?

I will be starting my masters in public health in the fall. I am very interested in working for some kind of humanitarian agency, organization, or project. I am willing to work with any agency or organization that its ultimate goal is to help others, but I am more interested in international...

#medicine #public-health #epidemiology

Omar R.’s Avatar
Omar R. Apr 28, 2018 186 views

What are some good ways to get funding for an MPH program and study abroad programs?

I will be starting my MPH in epidemiology in the fall and I do not have much money. My entire education has been self funded. I am very interested in being a field epidemiologist and do more hands on work. I have seen some great summer programs where students can go to developing countries and...

#masters-degree #public-health #graduate-school #epidemiology #mph

Amy C.’s Avatar
Amy C. Jan 23, 2018 253 views

Public Health Internships

For those advisers who have completed a public health internship as part of graduate education curriculum, where did you complete your internship? Do you have any guidance on best places to intern and how to get the most out of the internship? #internships ,...

#public-health

Tubonimi F.’s Avatar
Tubonimi F. Oct 26, 2017 305 views

What actually goes on during residency in neurosurgery?

I'm an aspiring neurosurgeon so I need to know what I'm delving into. #neuroseugery #medicine #healthcare #hospital-and-health-care...

#public-health

Celena  K.’s Avatar
Celena K. May 17, 2016 969 views

How does one handle unexpected circumstances, such as being short staffed and having to perform a treatment one has not done before?

I am asking this question because of my increasing curiosity in nursing. At my school, we go to the nursing home to practice our CNA skills. I have witnessed the nurses that work there have trouble because of lack of staff. I am just curious as to how one goes about getting the work done...

#medical #nursing #public-health #hospital-and-health-care

Lauren S.’s Avatar
Lauren S. Feb 02, 2017 505 views

What is a good Volunteering idea for Health Administration?

Im sophmore at Rutgers University. I plan on majoring in Heath Administration. What are some good places to volunteer at so that i can learn more? #college #healthcare #volunteering #hospital-and-health-care #public-health...

#young-adults

Hannah O.’s Avatar
Hannah O. Dec 06, 2016 524 views

Is it more beneficial to take more credits per semester in a shorter amount of time or less credits per semester in a longer amount of time?

As a student trying to save money on college fees while still maintaining a great GPA for my resume, I want to know whether or not I should be taking 14 or 18 credit hours per semester. I am in the Public Health Sciences Field. I want to make the most of my college experience. #college #health...

#graduate #public-health #time-management #credit

Cheska H.’s Avatar
Cheska H. Oct 25, 2016 437 views

Stay in State or Abroad?

I only have family in Nevada and this is making me not study abroad because of our financial issues were currently dealing. If you were me, what would you choose? I would like to be a Physician Assistant or to be a dental hygienist and I don't know what would be the best choice. #psychology...

#dentistry #public-health #dental-hygienist #physician #japan #healthcare #psychotherapy

Sharlene M.’s Avatar
Sharlene M. Sep 07, 2016 469 views

Are there any courses, besides the general major/minor courses that would be helpful for combining public health, biology and environmental science?

I'm considering combining these three topics and I would like to have more information with regards to the combining of the subjects. #biology #environmental-science...

#public-health

Sharlene M.’s Avatar
Sharlene M. Aug 29, 2016 435 views

What kind of jobs are available for someone who wants to pursue a major in public health? Is it recommended to add a minor specification?

I'm considering on majoring in public health and I would just like to know more about what is out there for me. #career-counseling...

#public-health

Mohammed M.’s Avatar
Mohammed M. Jun 22, 2016 411 views

My Brother wanna do Master in Public Health. But He is confused between MPH and CMPH. He is also looking for Government Jobs in that field so which branch is better?

My brother wanna do Master in Public Helath. But He is confused between 'MPH and CMPH. He is also looking for Govt. Jobs in that field so which branch is better? #public-health #global-health #public-sector...

#public-health-policy

Hannah K.’s Avatar
Hannah K. May 27, 2016 501 views

To create a non-profit organization combating hunger through sustainable agriculture, what area of study would be most relevant? Business management, agriculture, sustainability and nutrition all factor in, but which is the best approach?

In many parts of the world there is an extreme shortage of nutritious food and simultaneously very little practice of environmentally sustainable agriculture. A non-profit organization specialized in farming could perhaps kill two birds with one stone. #nonprofits #agriculture #public-health...

#sustainability

Kahley S.’s Avatar
Kahley S. May 20, 2016 1030 views

What exactly is a public health coordinator?

I met with a public health nurse a few weeks ago to talk about birth control. I asked her how she got to be doing what she did, and I found her answer very interesting. I would LOVE to educate people about proper sex education (STI's, different types of birth control, consent, gender &...

#college-advice #public-health-coordinator #public-health #college-major #career #career-advice #health #nurse

Franchesca P.’s Avatar
Franchesca P. Feb 21, 2016 547 views

I want to be in a career that has to do with some type of medical research. I would be really helpful if someone can share some experience working in medical research.

I've been looking into pharmaceutical sciences, epidemiology, and molecular biology but I'm open to learning about more careers. Can anyone share their experience and some advice on getting into their career? #medicine #biology #research #pharmaceuticals #public-health #drug-development...

#epidemiology #disaster-medicine

Alexander B.’s Avatar
Alexander B. Mar 25, 2015 1033 views

I want to pursue my masters in public health

Hi guys. I will soon obtain my bachelors degree in Human services and I am planning of going for my Masters in Public Health! I believe both of these fields are similar in a way. My question is, would I be able to go straight into a Public Health Masters program with an undergrad in Human...

#social-work #social-services #public-health #human-resources

Laurel N.’s Avatar
Laurel N. Dec 16, 2014 606 views

Would you recommend a 4+1 program, even if the workload could be really harsh?

I have recently been accepted to Tulane University and I am really excited about their 4+1 Public Health program. Although I am really excited about the program, some people have warned me of trying to get my masters in 5 years in a city where the distractions are endless. Any thoughts?...

#medicine #public-health #college-majors #college

Megan D.’s Avatar
Megan D. Oct 14, 2014 1256 views

What colleges/universities/degrees should I be looking at to become an epidemiologist?

My name is Megan, I am in 11th grade, and I would to like to become an epidemiologist. I would like to go to a college where they have an epidemiology program, or where epidemiologists have come from. Name as many as you know of because I would like to see a wide range of options. Keep in mind,...

#epidemiologist #public-health #field-investigations #disease-prevention #epidemiology #professor

Laurel N.’s Avatar
Laurel N. Oct 08, 2014 1599 views

What careers do people with majors in Public Health usually go into?

I am a senior in high school and I am looking at Tulane University's School of Public Health. I would want to focus on public health surrounding nutrition. I want to go into non-profit work in Latin America and I think this degree will help me do that in a sustainable way. I think focusing on...

#non-profit #medicine #public-health #nutrition

Flora C.’s Avatar
Flora C. Mar 24, 2014 766 views

Which industries would want a Bachelor of Science degree graduate other than the pharmaceutical industry and public health field?

Without a master's degree, which industries or employers would hire someone with a Bachelor of Science degree? #finance #public-health #pharmaceutical-industry...

#science-education