Career Questions tagged Public Health

jayashree G.’s Avatar
jayashree G. Dec 23, 2020 38 views

what is the scope of masters in public health in chennai?

im doing my masters in public health first year. i need to know more about its scope and job requirement #public-health...

#health

Maria E.’s Avatar
Maria E. Nov 29, 2020 65 views
Aleksandra B.’s Avatar
Aleksandra B. Nov 10, 2020 87 views

What careers require an MPH?

I am considering pursuing an MPH in the future, but I don't know anyone who uses it in their career. What makes an MPH degree unique? #mph #publichealth #public-health #health #healthcare #stem...

#givingiscaring

Hailey D.’s Avatar
Hailey D. Oct 24, 2020 74 views

What types of mental health counselors and therapists are there?

I want to be a therapist and help people with their mental health. I'm good at communicating and I'm emotionally intelligent. #mental-health-counseling #mental-health #public-health #hospital-and-health-care #health...

Meredith G.’s Avatar
Meredith G. Oct 22, 2020 81 views

How can I make sexual health education into a career?

I'm a current senior in college, and I'm going to graduate in the spring with a major in Human Biology and a concentration in human reproduction and sexuality. I know plenty of people who educate others on sexual health, but that is just a small part of their job. I want my job to be...

#public-health #counseling #health #education #sexual-health #human-biology

Ellie W.’s Avatar
Ellie W. Oct 13, 2020 127 views

What are some career options in Public Health and what does it involve?

I am soon to be graduating with a Biology degree, but am really unsure about what I want to do with it. I do not particularly want to go into lab science, and definitely want to go to grad school after college. Entering a master’s program for public health is definitely something that I am...

#health-administration #health #microbiology #higher-education #publichealth #public-health #health-sciences #career-paths

Cecile M.’s Avatar
Cecile M. Sep 21, 2020 122 views

What can I do to prepare myself for my future career?

I am a public health major with a minor in psychology. This is my junior year of college but I have no volunteer or internship experience and my resume looks pretty shabby. I know that I want to work in mental health field, but I do not have a clear idea on what exactly I want to do after...

#public-health #internships #health

Elle G.’s Avatar
Elle G. Sep 15, 2020 59 views

What does it take to be a dermatologist, and what can I do to prepare?

I want to be a dermatologist when I grow up, or something with skin/skincare/skin health. #health #public-health...

#dermatology

Itzel D.’s Avatar
Itzel D. Jul 31, 2020 89 views

What are some resources to support students who want to pursue something in the medical or public health sphere?

Specifically, resources supporting Latinx, low income, first gen (specifically WOC), and LGBTQI+ identifying students? #july20 @ #public-health #lgbtqi #medicine...

#firstgenerationcollegestudent

Christiana O.’s Avatar
Christiana O. Jul 29, 2020 105 views
Amanpreet K.’s Avatar
Amanpreet K. Jul 29, 2020 104 views
Lauren Z.’s Avatar
Lauren Z. Jul 19, 2020 115 views

I want to apply mental health related PhD , and what experiences are good for application?

My undergraduate major is Nursing, and minor Psychology. Then I got a master degree in Neuroscience. Now I want to apply PhD in mental health related major, like social work, clinical psychology, public health or mental health nursing. Do you have any suggestion for me? for example, how to...

#july20 #public-health #mental-health

Grace G.’s Avatar
Grace G. Aug 27, 2018 243 views

Is it difficult to complete a double-major in 4 years?

Community and Public health with a concentration in school health as well as Sport Science and Physical Education. #health #public-health #school #phys ed #health...

Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Jun 15, 2018 258 views

Is public health a good major?

I'm a CareerVillage staff member and I'm posting this because we know that many young people are looking for the answer to this question. This is among the most popular questions searched by youth, and we're hoping you will take a moment to share your response to it. Thank you! #public-health...

#college #choosing-a-major #major #academic-advising

Omar R.’s Avatar
Omar R. Apr 28, 2018 310 views

What are some international humanitarian agencies that you can work for with a masters in public health in epidemiology, and how can you start getting experience early?

I will be starting my masters in public health in the fall. I am very interested in working for some kind of humanitarian agency, organization, or project. I am willing to work with any agency or organization that its ultimate goal is to help others, but I am more interested in international...

#public-health #epidemiology #medicine

Omar R.’s Avatar
Omar R. Apr 28, 2018 302 views

What are some good ways to get funding for an MPH program and study abroad programs?

I will be starting my MPH in epidemiology in the fall and I do not have much money. My entire education has been self funded. I am very interested in being a field epidemiologist and do more hands on work. I have seen some great summer programs where students can go to developing countries and...

#graduate-school #public-health #epidemiology #masters-degree #mph

Amy C.’s Avatar
Amy C. Jan 23, 2018 362 views

Public Health Internships

For those advisers who have completed a public health internship as part of graduate education curriculum, where did you complete your internship? Do you have any guidance on best places to intern and how to get the most out of the internship? #internships ,...

#public-health

Tubonimi F.’s Avatar
Tubonimi F. Oct 26, 2017 446 views
Celena  K.’s Avatar
Celena K. May 17, 2016 1372 views

How does one handle unexpected circumstances, such as being short staffed and having to perform a treatment one has not done before?

I am asking this question because of my increasing curiosity in nursing. At my school, we go to the nursing home to practice our CNA skills. I have witnessed the nurses that work there have trouble because of lack of staff. I am just curious as to how one goes about getting the work done...

#nursing #hospital-and-health-care #medicine #public-health

Lauren S.’s Avatar
Lauren S. Feb 02, 2017 632 views

What is a good Volunteering idea for Health Administration?

Im sophmore at Rutgers University. I plan on majoring in Heath Administration. What are some good places to volunteer at so that i can learn more? #college #healthcare #volunteering #hospital-and-health-care #public-health...

#young-adults

Hannah O.’s Avatar
Hannah O. Dec 06, 2016 636 views

Is it more beneficial to take more credits per semester in a shorter amount of time or less credits per semester in a longer amount of time?

As a student trying to save money on college fees while still maintaining a great GPA for my resume, I want to know whether or not I should be taking 14 or 18 credit hours per semester. I am in the Public Health Sciences Field. I want to make the most of my college experience. #college #health...

#time-management #credit #public-health #graduate

Cheska H.’s Avatar
Cheska H. Oct 25, 2016 528 views

Stay in State or Abroad?

I only have family in Nevada and this is making me not study abroad because of our financial issues were currently dealing. If you were me, what would you choose? I would like to be a Physician Assistant or to be a dental hygienist and I don't know what would be the best choice. #psychology...

#psychotherapy #dentistry #dental-hygienist #public-health #physician #japan #healthcare

Sharlene M.’s Avatar
Sharlene M. Sep 07, 2016 561 views

Are there any courses, besides the general major/minor courses that would be helpful for combining public health, biology and environmental science?

I'm considering combining these three topics and I would like to have more information with regards to the combining of the subjects. #biology #environmental-science...

#public-health

Sharlene M.’s Avatar
Sharlene M. Aug 29, 2016 523 views

What kind of jobs are available for someone who wants to pursue a major in public health? Is it recommended to add a minor specification?

I'm considering on majoring in public health and I would just like to know more about what is out there for me. #career-counseling...

#public-health

Mohammed M.’s Avatar
Mohammed M. Jun 22, 2016 546 views
Hannah K.’s Avatar
Hannah K. May 27, 2016 576 views

To create a non-profit organization combating hunger through sustainable agriculture, what area of study would be most relevant? Business management, agriculture, sustainability and nutrition all factor in, but which is the best approach?

In many parts of the world there is an extreme shortage of nutritious food and simultaneously very little practice of environmentally sustainable agriculture. A non-profit organization specialized in farming could perhaps kill two birds with one stone. #nonprofits #agriculture #public-health...

#sustainability