Career Questions tagged Humanities

Chirag J.’s Avatar
Chirag J. Apr 30 224 views

Is there any good amount of Scope/future opportunities after doing B.A (Hons) in International Relations or B.A (Hons) in Political Science, if not will there be more opportunities after Masters?

I'm currently applying for colleges and am In my last year of High School in Which I've took Humanities, I'm really interested in International Relations and Political Science for now, and I will learn languages while in college on my own or joining separate classes, my Aim for now is to Give...

polticalscience arts upsc internationalrelations humanities india ba ir civilservices

Alyssa D.’s Avatar
Alyssa D. Aug 27, 2020 181 views

What exactly is the classical studies and humanities major?

I’ve been exploring different majors at my college and I came across the Classical Studies and Humanities major. What exactly does the major entail, and what are the career aspects for this major? major classicalstudies humanities...

college

Sarah C.’s Avatar
Sarah C. May 09, 2020 338 views

Does Social Work Pay Well?

I'm really interested in social work and I really do enjoy helping people, but I don't know if it fulfills my financial needs. Not for shallow reasons or anything, I just really want my kids to be comfortable, and I want them to have to worry about money or anything. psychology social-work...

career social humanities

Daija C.’s Avatar
Daija C. Jan 18, 2018 604 views

Is it possible to make a career out of foreign language study?

I'm asking outside of the typical Interpreter or Translator careers. I love foreign language but I'm not sure if these are there right paths for me. Thanks! foreign-languages language...

humanities

Léane M.’s Avatar
Léane M. Apr 10, 2018 338 views

Humanities part time job

Starting September, I'm going to be an international student in the US, so I'm gonna be studying with a F1 visa and this visa only allows me to work outside of campus in my study field, I'm probably going to major in humanities (my preferred subjects are linguistics and film), what part...

Léane M.’s Avatar
Léane M. Mar 19, 2018 397 views

Jobs with a humanities degree

I'm considering majoring in Humanities, but I don't think I'd be a good human resources, I'm not really sure what I'd like to do, but I'm interested in linguistics, and maybe anthropology , are these part of humanity? What courses are part of Humanities...

lydia M.’s Avatar
lydia M. May 17, 2016 604 views

What kind of internships are helpful, and available for English majors?

I've heard that it is a bit tough to get a job with an English major; so, i was wondering if an internship may help and what those may look like. literature english career higher-education...

humanities

Myla S.’s Avatar
Myla S. Sep 01, 2017 716 views

African American Studies Degree?

What job could you really get with this degree? Also, what are some experiences in this class? Hate it? Love it? Let me know!college-major bachelors humanities african-american...

studies

Helen H.’s Avatar
Helen H. Sep 01, 2017 1989 views

What are some careers that combine STEM fields, the arts, and the humanities?

I am incredibly interested in these fields, and am also quite indecisive/unsure about what major(s) to pursue. I'd like to be alerted to any existing career paths that combine these elements. stem women-in-stem art...

humanities

m M.’s Avatar
m M. May 13, 2016 792 views

I am weak in social subjects. How can i understand it better in an easy way?

I want to study about social studies, but i can't understand. education social humanities...

social-science

Vera L.’s Avatar
Vera L. Oct 20, 2016 1022 views

What are some good clubs to join in college? What advice do you have for someone who wants to start a club?

If I have an interest in writing, history, and the humanities, how can I use in that in the college world? What advice do you have for someone who wants to start a club? college college-admissions college-majors college-jobs history humanities student-affairs...

student-clubs

Kritika Z.’s Avatar
Kritika Z. Sep 04, 2016 1195 views

Can a humanities student pursue Oceanography as a career?

I'm a 11th grade humanities/arts student in CBSE board. I have recently developed an interest in Oceanography and would love to pursue a career in the field. But, can I do that if I have the Humanities Stream in school? arts oceanography geography humanities...

class

Cameron F.’s Avatar
Cameron F. May 25, 2016 1142 views

Is there any way to be an honest lawyer?

I want to go into the field of law because I believe I am good at debating, but I have heard that to be a lawyer you must have no morals. Is this true? law lawyer...

humanities

Tania L.’s Avatar
Tania L. May 16, 2016 930 views

How do i pursue a future in the Peace Corps? What career or major should i look into? What does a future look like after the Peace corps?

I love helping people and i would love to be stationed somewhere aiding those who truly need it. Ill be truly fulfilled if i could spend my entire life observing humans from distinct areas and giving back to those who need help or guidance. I'd love to know how i can do this successfully and...

human-resources peace-corps social-sciences social-change helping-others humanities

Tania L.’s Avatar
Tania L. May 16, 2016 481 views

How soon do i have to select my major when entering college? What are people's opinions towards Anthropology majors and what career path can i go into??

I'm extremely fascinated by human culture, social sciences, and history. Anthropology seems like a happy medium in between them, can i get advice on this? Thanks :) psychology history anthropology humanities social-sciences...

peace-corps

Anina H.’s Avatar
Anina H. Apr 27, 2016 694 views

What kind of job can I realistically get with a PhD in english?

Hi! My name is Anina and I'm a high school senior and also an intern at CareerVillage. I know that a lot of students are thinking about social science careers (to me, it's so weird how so many people at my school don't want anything to do with science or STEM careers!). But I've also noticed...

social-science-phd social-sciences phd english humanities

Rianne E.’s Avatar
Rianne E. Apr 08, 2014 835 views

What are some high school courses required for someone majoring in Art&Humanities and Psychology?

I am a junior in high school and I am very interested in what kind of classes are needed for my passion college art school therapy...

humanities