Career Questions tagged Humanities

Daija C.’s Avatar
Daija C. Jan 18, 2018

Is it possible to make a career out of foreign language study?

I'm asking outside of the typical Interpreter or Translator careers. I love foreign language but I'm not sure if these are there right paths for me. Thanks! #foreign-languages #language...

#humanities

Léane M.’s Avatar
Léane M. Apr 10, 2018

Humanities part time job

Starting September, I'm going to be an #international student in the US, so I'm gonna be studying with a F1 visa and this visa only allows me to work outside of campus in my study field, I'm probably going to major in #humanities (my preferred subjects are #linguistics and #film), what part...

Léane M.’s Avatar
Léane M. Mar 19, 2018

Jobs with a humanities degree

I'm considering majoring in #humanities, but I don't think I'd be a good human resources, I'm not really sure what I'd like to do, but I'm interested in #linguistics, and maybe #anthropology , are these part of humanity? What courses are part of Humanities...

lydia M.’s Avatar
lydia M. May 17, 2016

What kind of internships are helpful, and available for English majors?

I've heard that it is a bit tough to get a job with an English major; so, i was wondering if an internship may help and what those may look like. #literature #english #career #higher-education...

#humanities

Myla S.’s Avatar
Myla S. Sep 01, 2017

African American Studies Degree?

What job could you really get with this degree? Also, what are some experiences in this class? Hate it? Love it? Let me know!#college-major #bachelors #humanities #african-american...

#studies

Helen H.’s Avatar
Helen H. Sep 01, 2017

What are some careers that combine STEM fields, the arts, and the humanities?

I am incredibly interested in these fields, and am also quite indecisive/unsure about what major(s) to pursue. I'd like to be alerted to any existing career paths that combine these elements. #stem #women-in-stem #art...

#humanities

m M.’s Avatar
m M. May 13, 2016

I am weak in social subjects. How can i understand it better in an easy way?

I want to study about social studies, but i can't understand. #education #social #humanities...

#social-science

Vera L.’s Avatar
Vera L. Oct 20, 2016

What are some good clubs to join in college? What advice do you have for someone who wants to start a club?

If I have an interest in writing, history, and the humanities, how can I use in that in the college world? What advice do you have for someone who wants to start a club? #college #college-admissions #college-majors #college-jobs #history #humanities #student-affairs...

#student-clubs

Kritika Z.’s Avatar
Kritika Z. Sep 04, 2016

Can a humanities student pursue Oceanography as a career?

I'm a 11th grade humanities/arts student in CBSE board. I have recently developed an interest in Oceanography and would love to pursue a career in the field. But, can I do that if I have the Humanities Stream in school? #arts #oceanography #geography #humanities...

#class

Cameron F.’s Avatar
Cameron F. May 25, 2016

Is there any way to be an honest lawyer?

I want to go into the field of law because I believe I am good at debating, but I have heard that to be a lawyer you must have no morals. Is this true? #law #lawyer...

#humanities

Jake D.’s Avatar
Jake D. May 17, 2016
Tania L.’s Avatar
Tania L. May 16, 2016

How do i pursue a future in the Peace Corps? What career or major should i look into? What does a future look like after the Peace corps?

I love helping people and i would love to be stationed somewhere aiding those who truly need it. Ill be truly fulfilled if i could spend my entire life observing humans from distinct areas and giving back to those who need help or guidance. I'd love to know how i can do this successfully and...

#human-resources #helping-others #social-change #humanities #peace-corps #social-sciences

Tania L.’s Avatar
Tania L. May 16, 2016

How soon do i have to select my major when entering college? What are people's opinions towards Anthropology majors and what career path can i go into??

I'm extremely fascinated by human culture, social sciences, and history. Anthropology seems like a happy medium in between them, can i get advice on this? Thanks :) #psychology #history #anthropology #humanities #social-sciences...

#peace-corps

Anina H.’s Avatar
Anina H. Apr 27, 2016

What kind of job can I realistically get with a PhD in english?

Hi! My name is Anina and I'm a high school senior and also an intern at CareerVillage. I know that a lot of students are thinking about social science careers (to me, it's so weird how so many people at my school don't want anything to do with science or STEM careers!). But I've also noticed...

#social-science-phd #english #humanities #phd #social-sciences

Rianne E.’s Avatar
Rianne E. Apr 08, 2014

What are some high school courses required for someone majoring in Art&Humanities and Psychology?

I am a junior in high school and I am very interested in what kind of classes are needed for my passion #college #art #school #therapy...

#humanities