Career Questions tagged Navy

isidro S.’s Avatar
isidro S. Aug 07 76 views
Melvin S.’s Avatar
Melvin S. Jul 11 80 views

Do engineers in the military do actual engineering work (design, construction, testing, etc.)?

I've been looking into different branches of the military, specifically in the Air Force, Navy and Coast Guard, for engineering careers (I've been leaning more towards the Coast Guard).What kind of engineering work is done in these branches? Is a degree required for these positions? Thank you...

#military #mechanical-engineering #airforce #navy #engineering #electrical-engineering #aerospace-engineering #coastguard #engineer

Christian S.’s Avatar
Christian S. Jun 02 122 views

How do companies view military service?

When hiring, do companies view military service as a good or bad thing? If it it a good thing, what branch looks best? Marines, Army, Army National Guard, Air Force, Air National Guard, Navy, Coast Guard? And does it look better to have been an enlisted or officer? (I'm guessing the best...

#technology #aviation #major #marines #marine #college #coast-guard #career #company #military #future #any #army #corporate #hiring #navy #pilot

Salvador R.’s Avatar
Salvador R. May 28 74 views
jasmine H.’s Avatar
jasmine H. Apr 17 61 views
Christian S.’s Avatar
Christian S. Apr 16 97 views

Are ACT Prep Classes really that helpful?

I need an ACT score of at least 30 to get into a military academy. From my PSAT score, I'll probably get a 28. Will an ACT Prep class actually raise my score by two points or more? Thanks! #college #military #military #act #art #physics #air-force #navy #marines #theater #act #career #test...

#english #high-school #reading #math #writing #academy #language #education #ap

Christian S.’s Avatar
Christian S. Jan 24 209 views

What can I do to become a fighter pilot?

I'm trying to prepare to become a fighter pilot. Either in the Air Force or Marines. I understand the process to become one, but what can I do to prepare? What subjects can I take in high school? What degree would be best to take while in college? #airline-industry #navy #military #pilot...

#armed-forces #high-school #fighter-pilot #any #army #aviation #marines #air-force #marine #hashtag #college #raptor #airline #career

wyatt M.’s Avatar
wyatt M. Nov 27, 2018 164 views

what is your daly life like as an aircraft mechanic in the military?

I am currently in job corps and pursuing a career in mechanics and planning to join the us navy afterwards. #military #aviation #navy...

#mechanic

wyatt M.’s Avatar
wyatt M. Nov 27, 2018 134 views

what is the navy like

Timothy Z.’s Avatar
Timothy Z. Sep 05, 2018 291 views

What are the potential downsides of joining the Military

I am in Sea Cadets (USNSCC) and I absolutely love it. I am playing on joining the Military (specifically to be a Navy Corpsman), but I would like to know what physiological and physical "downsides"/strains of such a job. I've heard mixed opinions, but I would like to read more into it....

#navy #military #future

William W.’s Avatar
William W. Sep 05, 2018 147 views

Adding to my previous questions...

Adding to my previous questions, I'm planning on doing 20 years in the Navy as a Seabee. My school has a career center that we can go to if we have enough credits and are a Junior or a Senior in high school. The career center has building construction and trades and heavy equipment operation....

#navy #military #career

William W.’s Avatar
William W. Sep 05, 2018 147 views

What do Seabees do?

What do United States Naval Seabees normally do on a daily basis? #military...

#navy

William W.’s Avatar
William W. Sep 04, 2018 131 views

United States Navy Seabee

What should I do education wise, to become a seabee? #military #career...

#navy

Jewel H.’s Avatar
Jewel H. Aug 09, 2018 160 views

How is it like to attend a maritime academy?

I would like to know the environment and the subject you learn assuming your major is marine transportation. #maritime #marine #marine-transportation #navy...

#nautical

Drew H.’s Avatar
Drew H. Jan 12, 2018 199 views

What classes should I take to join the Navy.

I would love to join the navy because I want to help america on the sea and land the best way I can #navy #military...

#military-service

Brady K.’s Avatar
Brady K. Jan 03, 2018 270 views

If I want to be a navy seal what course is good for me

I want to be a navy seal. #navy-seal #military #military-service...

#navy

Sadie W.’s Avatar
Sadie W. Jan 03, 2018 237 views

What do I need to do to get into the Naval Academy?

I've always wanted to me in the military but I don't exactly know how to. What types of grades do I need to get? #military #naval-academy #navy...

#armed-forces

haven E.’s Avatar
haven E. Mar 26, 2018 245 views

Does the Air force or the Navy have better benefits?

I have been debating on whether or not I should join the military. If I did I would either join the Air force or the Navy. they both will give me great benefits for college and for my career field aeronautical engineering. #air-force #navy #us-navy...

#military

dalton W.’s Avatar
dalton W. Mar 29, 2018 219 views

How hard is it to get into a career in the construction battalion in the navy?

id like to get into the construction field. #construction #navy #united-states-navy...

#career

Drew H.’s Avatar
Drew H. Jan 25, 2018 219 views

How is your day usually in the Navy

I would really love to join the Navy but i wanna know how it is #day-in-the-life...

#navy

santhosh K.’s Avatar
santhosh K. May 03, 2016 669 views
Dominick F.’s Avatar
Dominick F. Nov 16, 2017 345 views

I'm in 8th grade and curious about joining the military. What advice could someone offer me?

I would like to pursue a career in the military, but I'm needing to get some advice. #military #military-service #army #navy...

#career

ajeet K.’s Avatar
ajeet K. May 05, 2016 674 views

I want to be a navy officer, but my family isn't able to pay for my education. How do I get a scholarship?

I want to be a navy officer, but I would need a scholarship to become one. Are there any scholarships available? If so, what are they? #military #police-officer #army #navy #united-states-navy #marine-corps-officer...

#us-navy