Career Questions tagged Immigration

erick S.’s Avatar
erick S. Dec 05, 2018 99 views
Navyashree Y.’s Avatar
Navyashree Y. Oct 04, 2018 120 views
Mara D.’s Avatar
Mara D. Aug 13, 2018 108 views

Can I study, and finish four years of college, while having an A-2 dependent visa?

I am not a citizen, not a permanent resident, but I have a valid A-2 dependent diplomatic visa. Can I study college? will I get my certificate? How can I get financial help? #help #futureteacher #teaching...

#immigration

Hannah V.’s Avatar
Hannah V. Apr 19, 2018 171 views

What will the economy be like in the future for non Americans students?

There are different rules for different kinds of students in the United ted States. #immigration #society #diversity #economy #economics #international #student...

oscar J.’s Avatar
oscar J. May 15, 2018 192 views

i want to know how can a immigrant can succeed in college and after college?

I want to know what opportunities exist on this country. Also, I want to know where can I find more private scholarships that can help me accomplish my dream to succeed on life. Thank you. #college #scholarships #immigrant #immigration...

#diversity

Erasmo R.’s Avatar
Erasmo R. Jul 19, 2018 215 views

what can I do as a US resident waiting for citezenship?

Currently an immigrant high school graduate starting school at a city college soon. I would like to transfer to a state after and graduate in 2022. I will be getting residency that same year from my grandmother, I believe. My dream has always been to work for SFPD as the job interests me the...

#immigration #policeacademy #police #criminal-justice #cop #citezenshiprequirements

Raul-Sebastian C.’s Avatar
Raul-Sebastian C. Jan 17, 2018 270 views

What are my best options if I am currently attending school while on DACA, want to apply to graduate school and or med school but am not sure if I'll still have it by that time?

My DACA expires in two years, my mother is applying for citizenship sometime relatively soon but we are not sure how long that process will take and by that time my DACA may be expired and I'll be extremely limited on what graduate schools and or med schools I can apply to. #medicine #daca...

#college #graduate-school #immigration #college-admissions #biology

Dulcce V.’s Avatar
Dulcce V. Jan 17, 2018 156 views

Is the process to be able to be considered "in-state" be easier for DACA students?

I am a student under DACA. I recently found out that in addition to not qualifying for financial aid, I do not qualify for in-state tuition regardless of how long I've lived in my current state. Is that going to change someday? I would love to finish school. #daca #immigration #college...

#financial-aid

Annie M.’s Avatar
Annie M. Jan 16, 2018 234 views

Are there possibilities I can get into college due to these reasons:

I moved to the USA in November 2014 and I did not leave this town since then. I am a sophomore in high school and I would like to get my education done in the USA. We do NOT have a green card but we applied for it. I am on an H4 dependent visa and my dad is the only one working. He is in the...

#visas #immigration-law #immigration #college-admissions #citizenship #college

Bradford S.’s Avatar
Bradford S. Mar 02, 2018 200 views

I would like to develop software for the Immigrations and Customs Enforcement.

A large problem in our country is the amount of undocumented persons within its borders. How can I develop Software to make the process of deportation more effective for the ICE. While President Trump has seeked to finish this goal, I fear that without the proper software and monitoring devices...

#government #immigration #defense

Yasmin A.’s Avatar
Yasmin A. Jan 24, 2018 248 views

What are some careers available in social justice and social activism for immigration? Do I have to become an immigration lawyer to help?

I'm currently a high school senior on my way to college. And immigration is a topic I'm passionate about. I'm very interested in pursuing a career in social justice that will improve and impact the lives of immigrants living within our country. I know that many people tend to pursue careers in...

#immigration-law #humanitarian #social-work #foreign-languages #activists #immigration #social-justice #non-profit #human-rights #activism

Lily P.’s Avatar
Lily P. Jan 17, 2018 204 views

How does someone become an immigration lawyer?

It is my dream to be an immigration lawyer so I can dedicate my life to helping immigrants and refugees. #immigration #immigration-law #refugees...

#law

Celestin H.’s Avatar
Celestin H. May 20, 2016 494 views

Safest path for international students

Hi all, I am an international student on an F-1 visa. I am aware that getting sponsored from US companies is hard, yet I am confident in my ability to get an offer. My question is: what is the next step? If I get an H-1b visa, what should I undertake next in order to be as safe as possible...

#international-students #visas #immigration