2 answers

what can I do as a US resident waiting for citezenship?

Asked San Francisco, California

Currently an immigrant high school graduate starting school at a city college soon. I would like to transfer to a state after and graduate in 2022. I will be getting residency that same year from my grandmother, I believe. My dream has always been to work for SFPD as the job interests me the most and I’ve lived here since 2008. That’s some of my background. Now, my question is what can I do with a criminal justice bachelors degree as a US resident to improve my resume when applying for SFPD? Assuming the wait for citezenship is about 5 years.

Thank you for your help, it’s much appreciated.

#criminal-justice #police #cop #immigration #policeacademy #citezenshiprequirements

2 answers

Daniel’s Answer


Having a bachelor's degree puts you in a good position. Ideally you want to obtain a degree in business administration or business management. Furthermore keep a clean record and never give up on your career goals anything is possible if you want it enough.

Michael’s Answer

Updated Boston, Massachusetts

I would suggest obtaining a good education, set realistic goals for yourself, and be sure to volunteer in some way(s) (like I do on Career Village), in order to give-back to the community. Volunteering is something employment recruiters as well as colleges look for on a resume or application. Look for a career that you will find challenging and enjoy! It's NOT just about the amount of money you are able to make.

Wish you the best !


This professional recommends the following next steps:

Ask a question