Career Questions tagged Non Profits

Jessica W.’s Avatar
Jessica W. Dec 21, 2017 512 views

What is the typical amount of compensation at a mid-level nonprofit job?

Hello, I am interested in understanding more about working in or for nonprofits. #nonprofits #non-profit #non-profit-organization-management...

#non-profits

Albert P.’s Avatar
Albert P. Jan 26, 2017 491 views

How did you discover what you were passionate about?

I would love to hear your personal story about how you first got involved in your field and what about it captivated you! #college #career #college-major #career-counseling #career-choice #career-path #career-development #non-profits...

#undecided

Nadege V.’s Avatar
Nadege V. Apr 14, 2017 472 views

Is it possible to work with a bachelor's in psychology?

I have been told many time that I can't work with a bachelor's in psychology that I need a master degree to work. #higher-education #non-profits...

#education-management

Mounia M.’s Avatar
Mounia M. Mar 12, 2017 839 views

What are some of the worst job sites for finding non-profit work?

I have been using Idealist and not finding many current jobs. Craigslist also has not provided many great non-profit jobs. Should I just use any job posting site and hope that I find something? #job-search #nonprofits...

#non-profits

Irish W.’s Avatar
Irish W. May 25, 2016 682 views

How do you truly know what you want to be?

I am about to start my freshman year in college in the fall and I am torn about what I want to do. I want to do something that would make an impact on someone or something's life. I want to make a difference but I don't really know how and what career would be best for me. I am an introvert but...

#community #business-management #activists #non-profits

Deana A.’s Avatar
Deana A. Jul 28, 2016 555 views

Any experience with Americorps?

After I get out of college, I am considering joining Americorps and becoming a Vista becore getting a Master's in Social Work. Do you have any experience or advice for me about Americorps? Do you think this path would be beneficial in the career I am pursuing? #psychology #jobs #social-work...

#nonprofits #non-profit #non-profits #volunteering

Joshua C.’s Avatar
Joshua C. Jun 22, 2016 952 views
Hannah K.’s Avatar
Hannah K. May 27, 2016 684 views

How do prospective workers/managers get the start-up money to found and run a non-profit organization?

I would like to work with a non-profit organization, but am also interested in starting my own. However, I'm not sure how realistic that is given that grant money or loans may be scarce. #nonprofits #non-profit...

#non-profits

Alayna B.’s Avatar
Alayna B. May 24, 2016 2109 views

What is the role and responsibilities of a project manager at a nonprofit organization?

I want to work for a nonprofit organization and I am trying to figure out what position would be best suited for me. #project-management #nonprofits #non-profit #non-profits...

#project-manager

Rachel N.’s Avatar
Rachel N. May 19, 2016 563 views

What are the positions within a nonprofit organization that allow you to interact with the people the organization is serving?

I am interested in having a career where I would work in a nonprofit organization either to better water quality worldwide or uplift and empower women worldwide. I want a position where I get to be a part of the process in ensuring the help gets to the people that need it using my math and...

#nonprofits #non-profits

Cara-Ann S.’s Avatar
Cara-Ann S. May 16, 2016 644 views

What are some potential careers/jobs available for students with a major in Public Relations/Communications, specifically in PA?

In college, I plan to major in Public Relations this Fall in the state of Pennsylvania! I know it is difficult to find a job in today's society, and I'm aware the rate of jobs available for college graduates have been decreasing over time. However, I have hope that something can change. I'd...

#non-profits #communications #public-relations

Vivian L.’s Avatar
Vivian L. May 04, 2016 640 views

Whats my role in volunteering?

I've volunteered multiple times for many organizations, but I don't know what to call the roles that I have been involved in. What can I call the role of simply just helping out and doing odd jobs? #volunteering #volunteer #non-profits...

#role