Career Questions tagged Community Service

Freddie’s Avatar
Freddie May 31 235 views

Can you put community service on your resume or even college application?

I have about 50+ hours of community service and I was wondering if I can use it for resumes and even college applications. Does it count as extracurricular activities or does it entirely depend on the project that I was working on. I was reading question about this and I remembered that I...

Tyler’s Avatar
Tyler Mar 27, 2018 741 views

What is the best way to give back to you're community whether you make it to college or not?

I am asking this question because most people think you have to have a lot of money to help others out but there are plenty of way's to do so without having a penny. #community-outreach #volunteering #community-service

Norma’s Avatar
Norma Mar 15, 2018 356 views

What organizations should I get involved in to help others while building a basis in medicine while in college?

I want to start helping people as soon as possible and I also want to learn about medicine as much as possible because it has always been the most intriguing field to learn about for me. #medicine #community-service

Angelina’s Avatar
Angelina Feb 27, 2017 862 views

Is volunteering a lot enough to make me stand out when applying to colleges?

I am homeschooled, so I don't have very many extracurricular activity opportunities. I do volunteer a lot, usually 150-200 hours a year. Will that be enough to make me stand out when I apply to colleges, or no? Thanks! #college #business #education #higher-education #volunteering...

Denisse’s Avatar
Denisse Nov 21, 2016 1581 views

What are some extra curricular activites that look impressive on a college application?

I'm a sophomore in high school and have been focusing on building up my extra curricular or activities so I have a good list when I start applying for college and I want it to look impressive so they can see that I'm all around good student and not just academically. #college-applications...

Mellissa Lindsey’s Avatar
Mellissa Mar 25, 2015 862 views

How can I keep a work/ life balance within the Counselling/Community services industry?

I am due to start a dual diploma in Counselling and Community services, I am a very people orientated person, however at times I find it hard to "switch off". Due to varying/changing hours in the industry/PCP/Best care etc I'm just interested in the typicals of when/where/how etc people in the...