Career Questions tagged Community Service

Tyler E.’s Avatar
Tyler E. Mar 27, 2018 491 views

What is the best way to give back to you're community whether you make it to college or not?

I am asking this question because most people think you have to have a lot of money to help others out but there are plenty of way's to do so without having a penny. #community-outreach #volunteering...

#community-service

Norma U.’s Avatar
Norma U. Mar 15, 2018 224 views

What organizations should I get involved in to help others while building a basis in medicine while in college?

I want to start helping people as soon as possible and I also want to learn about medicine as much as possible because it has always been the most intriguing field to learn about for me. #medicine...

#community-service

Angelina P.’s Avatar
Angelina P. Feb 27, 2017 683 views

Is volunteering a lot enough to make me stand out when applying to colleges?

I am homeschooled, so I don't have very many extracurricular activity opportunities. I do volunteer a lot, usually 150-200 hours a year. Will that be enough to make me stand out when I apply to colleges, or no? Thanks! #college #business #education #higher-education #volunteering...

#extracurriculars #community-service

Denisse P.’s Avatar
Denisse P. Nov 21, 2016 1356 views

What are some extra curricular activites that look impressive on a college application?

I'm a sophomore in high school and have been focusing on building up my extra curricular or activities so I have a good list when I start applying for college and I want it to look impressive so they can see that I'm all around good student and not just academically. #college-applications...

#extracurriculars #academic-advising #community-service

Mellissa Lindsey’s Avatar
Mellissa L. Mar 25, 2015 689 views

How can I keep a work/ life balance within the Counselling/Community services industry?

I am due to start a dual diploma in Counselling and Community services, I am a very people orientated person, however at times I find it hard to "switch off". Due to varying/changing hours in the industry/PCP/Best care etc I'm just interested in the typicals of when/where/how etc people in the...

#counselling #mentoring #disability #community-service