Career Questions tagged Disability

Megan L.’s Avatar
Megan L. Sep 12, 2018 144 views

What kind of jobs in disability justice are available in Kentucky?

I'm interested in anything from education to legal work to community building. I'm an advocate with experience in the autistic community who's worked with multiple #disability organizations all over the country. #justice #advocacy #nonprofit #kentucky #disabilities #law...

#social-work

Rosheana W.’s Avatar
Rosheana W. May 31, 2019 89 views
Rebecca B.’s Avatar
Rebecca B. Apr 24, 2018 207 views

What kind of services do colleges provide for people with learning disabilities?

I am a student who has ADD, Dyslexia and Social Anxiety. I also have 504 accommodations. #learning-disabilities #college #dyslexia #anxiety #add #disability...

#services

Dakotah Z.’s Avatar
Dakotah Z. Jun 27, 2018 304 views

How do I know the steps to become a Special Needs teacher?

I want to become a Special Needs teacher when I get older. I want to know the steps of becoming a Special Needs teacher. Can you help me? //#special-education #education #special-needs #disability #educator...

#teacher

jaleigha H.’s Avatar
jaleigha H. Jun 27, 2018 186 views

i want to be developmental disability nurse. Can someone please give me advice about how this works and how many years of college you have to take?

im in 9th grade so i have 4 more years until im in college. i love helping kids with disabilitys and it makes me happy and makes them happy. #disability #nurse #nursing #hospital-and-healthcare...

#developmental-disabilities

Brittney E.’s Avatar
Brittney E. Jan 16, 2018 167 views

How will a neurological sleep disorder affect my college experience?

I was diagnosed with narcolepsy during the summer of 2017. Prior to my diagnosis, I was constantly falling asleep during class and while doing homework and was unable to focus. Although I am on medication, I am not sure how the stress and fast pace college life will be affected by it....

#narcolepsy #academic-advising #disability #special-needs #college

isaiah K.’s Avatar
isaiah K. May 27, 2016 382 views

My dad's a single, disabled veteran and we live on 836 a month. what would be the best way to apply for scholarships and grants?

I'm trying to get the money together so i can start college in FL, it's 54,000 for the whole course and im just trying to figure out the best way to approach this situation. I'm the oldest of my siblings and relatively new to this. I want to set the example and be able to help my younger...

#single-parent #florida #veterans #scholarships #grants #disability

Abigail S.’s Avatar
Abigail S. May 10, 2016 522 views

What are some ways that I can get more money for college?

I'm enrolled in a liberal arts college for the fall and it is pretty pricey! I have a little bit over half of my tuition paid for by the scholarships that my school has given me.. I have only heard back from one of the scholarships in my area that I have applied for. I have cerebral palsy so it...

#college #money #disability #scholarships #disabilities

Mellissa Lindsey’s Avatar
Mellissa L. Mar 25, 2015 612 views

How can I keep a work/ life balance within the Counselling/Community services industry?

I am due to start a dual diploma in Counselling and Community services, I am a very people orientated person, however at times I find it hard to "switch off". Due to varying/changing hours in the industry/PCP/Best care etc I'm just interested in the typicals of when/where/how etc people in the...

#counselling #disability #mentoring #community-service