Career Questions tagged Interpreter

Axel L.’s Avatar
Axel L. Jul 21, 2019 296 views
Casey N.’s Avatar
Casey N. Aug 27, 2018 335 views

What business companies need ASL interpreters?

I am in school for a double major, in Business administration and American Sign Language. I need to find a job in business that has a need for an ASL interpreter. I really enjoy sign language and want to make that my primary job in the future. I also really enjoy business and personal finance....

business asl interpreter

Destiny  T.’s Avatar
Destiny T. Feb 08, 2017 435 views

When did you find your love for sign language?

I am asking this question because I want to understand how other people fell in love with sign language like I did and around the age classes family interpreter languages american-sign-language...

british-sign-language

Lindsay G.’s Avatar
Lindsay G. May 19, 2016 927 views

How vast is the overlap between a career as a translator and a career as an interpreter?

At the moment I am studying Spanish Translation & Interpretation in undergraduate school. I adore reading and writing, but I also value the spoken and listening aspect of language as well, and therefore feel that I would be suited professionally not just for translation, but also for...

translator-studies spanish interpreter translator spanish-translation translation interpretation

Shariel  R.’s Avatar
Shariel R. Mar 17, 2015 925 views

What are some of the perks and downfalls of being a translator in the United States?

Hello! I am a high school senior, and I am planning on majoring in Spanish in college. My goal in life has always been to be a Spanish translator/interpreter. Unfortunately, I do not know anyone who is in this specific career; therefore, I was wondering if anyone who is familiar with this...

translator spanish languages interpreter