Career Questions tagged Interpreter

Axel L.’s Avatar
Axel L. Jul 21 62 views

So I took the AP Spanish test a couple years ago and am planning to get certified as an interpeter and translator while I'm finishing college. What do I need to be certified and what would be the best options for me to do this kind of work?

I'm a native Spanish speaker I will be in Maryland or Pennsylvania for a few months trying to start the certification process, but eventually I will be going up to Utah #interpreter #translation #jobs #college #business...

#money

Casey N.’s Avatar
Casey N. Aug 27, 2018 146 views

What business companies need ASL interpreters?

I am in school for a double major, in Business administration and American Sign Language. I need to find a job in business that has a need for an ASL interpreter. I really enjoy sign language and want to make that my primary job in the future. I also really enjoy business and personal finance....

#asl #business #interpreter

Destiny  T.’s Avatar
Destiny T. Feb 08, 2017 265 views

When did you find your love for sign language?

I am asking this question because I want to understand how other people fell in love with sign language like I did and around the age #classes #family #interpreter #languages #american-sign-language...

#british-sign-language

Lindsay G.’s Avatar
Lindsay G. May 19, 2016 535 views

How vast is the overlap between a career as a translator and a career as an interpreter?

At the moment I am studying Spanish Translation & Interpretation in undergraduate school. I adore reading and writing, but I also value the spoken and listening aspect of language as well, and therefore feel that I would be suited professionally not just for translation, but also for...

#translation #spanish #interpreter #spanish-translation #translator #interpretation #translator-studies

Shariel  R.’s Avatar
Shariel R. Mar 17, 2015 630 views

What are some of the perks and downfalls of being a translator in the United States?

Hello! I am a high school senior, and I am planning on majoring in Spanish in college. My goal in life has always been to be a Spanish translator/interpreter. Unfortunately, I do not know anyone who is in this specific career; therefore, I was wondering if anyone who is familiar with this...

#languages #spanish #interpreter #translator

Ja'Keisa F.’s Avatar
Ja'Keisa F. Mar 02, 2015 525 views

What education is needed to become an interpreter

For a school project #college...

#interpreter