Career Questions tagged Structural Engineering

sam S.’s Avatar
sam S. 23 hours ago 16 views

Structural Engineering and Automotive industry

Hello , I'm in my first year studying civil and structural engineering and I'm interested in automotive industry so I want to know if the structural engineers is needed in this field and if so , what are the essentials I need to have ? #structural-engineering #cars...

#automotive

Calvert H.’s Avatar
Calvert H. Apr 27, 2018 323 views

What is the hardest part to being a structural engineer?

I am going into civil engineering for college next year, and I hope to focus on structural engineering. I honestly have no idea of the difficulties involved in the career, but I enjoy seeing how building and structures deal with live load and dead load. #civil-engineering...

#structural-engineering

Joseph B.’s Avatar
Joseph B. Jan 19, 2018 286 views

What is the most rewarding part of being a structural engineer?

This is my major and I'll be graduating soon. One of the reasons I originally chose this was because I always liked math and physics, but I wanted to make sure I could use those skills to help people, but lately I've seen this field as more of putting up high rises and luxury condos for people...

#structural-engineering #civil-engineering #development

Cristiano A.’s Avatar
Cristiano A. Oct 23, 2016 584 views

What would be the best skill to achieve in college before becoming a civil engineer?

I am a freshman in college who is studying civil engineering. And I would like to know what would be the best skill in college to learn and take with me throughout my career as a civil engineer. #college #engineering #technology #civil-engineering #architecture #construction...

#personal-development #structural-engineering

Adriana B.’s Avatar
Adriana B. Oct 31, 2016 404 views

what kind of jobs are open for people who study structural engineering?

As a junior I need to start thinking about colleges and career paths. I am looking for a more specific goal. #engineering...

#structural-engineering

Ian M.’s Avatar
Ian M. Oct 31, 2016 367 views

How often does a Structural Engineer get to work on a construction site?

I would like to know this question because i hope to pursue a career in structural engineering, but i don't just want to be stuck in an office all day. I would like to get some hands on experience with the projects i am working on. #construction...

#structural-engineering

Jakob O.’s Avatar
Jakob O. Oct 31, 2016 618 views

What are some clubs or activities you would recommend for college experience if I want to be an engineer?

Wondering which extracurricular activities might look best on a resume once I graduate college for an engineering career. #engineering #mechanical-engineering #civil-engineering #architecture #structural-engineering...

#architectural-engineering

Jakob O.’s Avatar
Jakob O. Oct 31, 2016 3281 views

What type of Engineering is associated with the roller coaster industry?

I am interested in becoming an engineer and would like to eventually work for a roller coaster company. I would like to know which specialization I should go for my degree. #business #engineering #civil-engineering #architecture #mechanical-engineer...

#structural-engineering

Gillian C.’s Avatar
Gillian C. Oct 29, 2016 607 views

Being a woman in STEM, what is expected of your work life to be like as a civil engineer?

I have constantly been told that there are more men in the STEM field than women, and as a woman, it would be more difficult to communicate with my coworkers compared to being able to communicate with them if I was a man. I was told that I would be surrounded by other men who would not take me...

#structural-engineering #women-in-stem #professionals #women-in-engineering #civil-engineering

Connor G.’s Avatar
Connor G. Mar 27, 2016 1060 views

I need help understanding the job of an engineer particurly an civil, aerospace, structual, aeronautical or mechanical engineer.

Hello I'm wondering if anyone out there can help me in decided where I should focus my energy towards in college because I don't want to go into something and hate it later on. #college #mechanical-engineering #civil-engineering #aerospace #aeronautics...

#structural-engineering

Joshua H.’s Avatar
Joshua H. Aug 16, 2014 1048 views

What degree I need, to be an architectural engineer and an architect?

I am considering architectural engineering as my major, but I also want to study architecture. Do I need to receive a bachelor's degree in architectural engineering and then a masters degree in architecture to achieve this goal because I want to become a architect and a architect engineer?...

#structural-engineer #structural-engineering #architect #engineer #civil-engineering